Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red eye shadow, why so rare?

• 02-07-2011 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

It's such a popular colour in most ways, why so rarely worn in eye shadow?. Is it too radical, make too much of a statement?. Or does it not suit most eyes?.

Just a thought!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Because it can make you look like you have an eye infection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Pythia wrote: »
    Because it can make you look like you have an eye infection.

pink eye? :D just me? ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Only time I seen red eyeshadow on a woman was from an asian movie, Lady Vengeance.
    It suited her. I remember thinking, i want red eyeshaow it looks good but no i dont want to look like a sight for sore eyes lol :D:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlIpY23I2kkSSxYSU5-pmziFw_E9ZIyW4x57UnRhLWpeQAacppJw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I actually love red eyeshadow, I have green eyes and red really compliments that colour. I find my 120 palette perfect because it has a few different shades of red and as you can see from the picture I have hit pan on one of them :rolleyes:

270367_10150243542007259_833992258_7246566_2691462_n.jpg

Love these looks

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMlQtr6fExvrN296afN8zTeOm6mHReUPGn5SO01YHISRjs0sDIng
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJ3junz7xOUtlHo_h4ytJo8izpGztTmRY5bTne0RHSPyaTtuE
    5529786-make-up-of-woman-eye-with-red-bright-eyeshadow-macro-shot1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

It's a bit 80's severe.. I think a brighter red lightly applied would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Love the middle look you posted Asphyxia! Must give that a whirl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Red eyeshadow can make you look a bit like you have bloodshot eyes and accentuate it if you do! A big no no if you have been out late the night before or if you do tend to get veiny eyes. They also have a habit of staining the lids, esp. if a primer isn't used, so even when it is removed the lids still have a tinge of red. Because it is such a strong colour is can over power anything else put onto the eyes and can be a bit over bearing.

Personally, I think red can look very nice as an eyeshadow colour if done right, esp. for going out, but if it is done badly it can look horrendous.

Advertisement