Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ian O'Doherty, the voice of reason - Mod warning post #60

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

PS I live in a small village called Sixmilebridge with pretty dodgy roads leading in and out. What gets me is the cyclists are coming from larger towns like Shannon and Ennis.

Eh???
    Jawgap wrote: »
    did he credit you as the source or even ask your permission? - if he didn't that, to my mind, is plagiarism.

If it's not, I urge any doctoral students to simply go to your university's library, find a decent PhD, email the owner and tell him you are going to copy it, - add your name and submit it!!

When challenged by your supervisor or the board, just say, "well if it's good enough Ian O'Dohery in d'Indo, how come it's not good enough for me?"

Everybody does it nowadays :pac:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/01/german-defence-minister-resigns-plagiarism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 johndylan

did he credit you as the source or even ask your permission? - if he didn't that, to my mind, is plagiarism.

Truth be told I was quite flattered! He's not a bad columnist all-in-all...just barking up the wrong tree in re cyclists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Truth be told I was quite flattered! He's not a bad columnist all-in-all...just barking up the wrong tree in re cyclists.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Paulie Walnuts

Look, when it comes to the cyclists going through red lights common sense should prevail. I always give pedestrians right of way and when they have crossed I'll cycle through. After all a cyclist becomes a pedestrian just by swinging their leg over the saddle and walking across the road.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Look, when it comes to the cyclists going through red lights common sense should prevail. I always give pedestrians right of way and when they have crossed I'll cycle through. After all a cyclist becomes a pedestrian just by swinging their leg over the saddle and walking across the road.

Is this OK then?

Advertisement