Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Nolan

Options
  • 02-07-2011 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

I give Derek Nolan my first vote in the election and with regret I am believing now that he is just useless in the Dail.
    I thought a young fella would try and make a name for himself but instead he is sitting on the benches enjoying his exorbitant salary.
    I looked online to see what has he done since being elected and it's zero.
    Anyone else annoyed at electing this guy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

What did you expect of him in a hundred days?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,500 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

He is a first term TD in a government with a huge majority. What exactly do you expect him to be doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

It's over a hundred days and I expect him to be vocal.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bruckey2345

It is only over 100 days ... he isn't going to be doing miraculous in this time period. Give him a chance , he is young and inexperienced, at this level, he needs to learn the ropes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

beagle001 wrote: »
    It's over a hundred days and I expect him to be vocal.
    So what just go in the Dail every day and start shouting and roaring in a madman manner, yes id find that productive too!!!! :rolleyes:
    Theres only so much you can do as a junior TD in govt, getting on commitees etc is his only chance of being noticed and he hs done this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

He's condemned to the back benches it seems, those who voted for him, Brian Walsh and Sean Kyne should have known this.

Our Senators get alot more done even.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭lion_bar

He's got to work his way up the pecking order. There's guys in there years who've been on the opposition back benches for years they are now in power and aren't going to let a young whippersnapper take their moment in the sun.

What would you have liked to see him do?
    What do you mean by make a name for himself? Release a press release telling Lucinda to sort out her eyebrows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

He's barely in the Dail a wet week, judge him after a few years, imo.

Out of curiosity, what other Galwegian (or other) backbenchers have caught your eye so far? I don't think there's that many high profile ones.

Advertisement