Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the strongest PAYG mobile on Meteor or Three (preferably Meteor).

Options
  • 02-07-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

What is the strongest PAYG mobile on Meteor or Three (preferably Meteor).

My dad is currently on Vodafones €89 per month 600 minutes/600 texts plan.

I'm thinking about getting him to port to Meteor. He's in construction so needs a strong, dust-proof phone and isn't into the whole 'touchscreen thing'.

If he moves to the Bill Pay Connect Max plan, he'll have unlimited calls and texts and 1gb data per month. It's a 12 month plan and I'd get the Samsung Galaxy S II for €39.

If I then buy him the Samsung Solid Extreme II for €130, I'll have a PAYG Samsung Galaxy S II for €169.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

So... what are you waiting on? Buy the two phones. The JCB Toughphones may also be contenders but I don't think any carriers carry them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The samsung solid extreme would be the best bet, he could get it on super flex for €55, that would give him 800 minutes and unlimited landlines, you'd have to sus out the plans but I think the galaxy ace could be free on that, you take the ace from the contract and buy him the solid extreme, he'll also be due an upgrade after 10mts on 3 so you'll be able to swing another phone out him again ; ) iPhone5?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

LukeS_ wrote: »
    So... what are you waiting on? Buy the two phones. The JCB Toughphones may also be contenders but I don't think any carriers carry them.

http://shop.justmobile.ie/index.cfm?go=consumerAcquisitions.nonContractHandsets

Advertisement