Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mould on slug pellets

Options
  • 02-07-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

I put some slug pellets in the plant pots in the greenhouse the other day. Today I noticed that they're starting to get hairy. I'm now worried that this will be unhealthy to the plants. Any ideas folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

High heat and high humidity is an ideal environment for mould. You should ventilate your greenhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It is ventilated, i have the window open all the time and the door ajar at least. It is a bit over crowded in there alright, maybe the air isn't getting around the plants enough.

My main concern is, will the mould damage the plants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

It is ventilated, i have the window open all the time and the door ajar at least. It is a bit over crowded in there alright, maybe the air isn't getting around the plants enough.

My main concern is, will the mould damage the plants?

This very common on wet ground, pellets applied during winter always get mould. It shouldn't damage the planst unless your actually applying the pellets on the plants foilage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Agreed, it is what tends to happen to them after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Thanks folks, that puts my mind at ease.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement