Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco 1l slim milk 37c

Options
  • 02-07-2011 1:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

Tesco Skim Milk 1 litre with red label 37c in my local store.
    It's a new product line
    Tagged:

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

Thanks for that op. Will check that out in my local Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Why's it just skim milk? No blue label one for 37c?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Thanks OP good deal!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dunno..
    Haven't tasted it yet. Could someone with refined tastebuds let us know what it's like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

Saw it in my local Tesco store. It has the NDC (National Dairy Council) logo. At 37c - I will definitely try it soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Below cost selling if ever I saw it, no way they are breaking even on that. I'll get a weeks supply , how bad can it be.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,206 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A bit of butter in the cup and you're having a laffé! :D

Not your ornery onager

I picked up a weeks worth of these earlier, and if I was "The man from Del Monte" I'd be saying yes :)

It's nice milk, had it on a bowl of wheeties there and passed the calex taste test :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

its good milk i had 2 litres today and its the skimmed milk one ever less fat than the low fat one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

We buy this milk in Tesco every week , and it is the best . This carton has a best before date of 15th November 2011.
    Of course when you open it , you have to use it within about 5 days .
    It retails at about 75c per carton :
    DSCN1359.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

uht milk is a bit manky, its all you can find in france. Fresh milk all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

landyman wrote: »
    uht milk is a bit manky, its all you can find in france. Fresh milk all the way

Nope - Its not actual manky .

You may be mixing this one up with the cartons of soya milk etc on display nearby.

This UHT milk is absolutely similarly to ordinary everyday milk .

But for some reason it is not on sale on the same display aisles as all other milk .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Nope - Its not actual manky .

You may be mixing this one up with the cartons of soya milk etc on display nearby.

But for some reason it is not on sale on the same display aisles as all other milk .

He's right, UHT milk is manky.... Not similar at all, unless you don't have taste buds.

We buy this milk in Tesco every week , and it is the best . This carton has a best before date of 15th November 2011.
    DSCN1359.jpg

... but there's no demand for that, because it's shite.

Anyway, isn't a normal tesco 3ltr milk only little over €1.50 or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

UHT...ugghh!!! A long way removed from what came out of the cow!! Why mess with something as natural as milk?? And it's not Irish milk either...

Will look to taste this new fangled Tesco milk though...

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

UHT = Utterly Horrible Taste

DSCN1359.jpg

There's a serious whack of sugar in that , 200ml has nearly 10g of sugar then add to that whatever gets put in tea or over cornflakes :eek:

calex71 wrote: »
    There's a serious whack of sugar in that , 200ml has nearly 10g of sugar then add to that whatever gets put in tea or over cornflakes :eek:

Yes but look at the picture of the happy cow

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Casey_81

We have a carton of that UHT stuff at home at the back of the press - for tea making emergencies... which occur when the shops have closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,493 ✭✭✭✭ted1

UHT is mank. its only desgined to be used for tea of coffee, no way it'd go near a glass or bowl of ceral.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

UHT is "ultra high temp", meaning the milk is heat treated at higher temps than regular pasteurised milk. This kills off more nasties so it can sit on normal shelf for far longer than regular milk would last in a fridge. This is why it is cheaper.

Most people I know hate it but I expect many people might have got used to it if they grew up on it.

calex71 wrote: »
    Nothing unusual about it, it is 4.9% sugar, exact same as avonmore fresh milk. It is not added sugar, just natural sugars. Full sugar lilt has less sugar than this. Coke only has about twice the amount -so the next time you hear somebody saying BS like "did you know a glass of coke has 79 spoons of sugar in it" then tell them milk has half that, so whats the big deal.

This milk is not showing up online in my local tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

got 10 litres of this today,,€3.70 and not gone off till 11th,,usually it would cost me nearly €8 for my milk:D

I bought loads and stuck it in the freezer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

It may be a bargain, but what about the 2500 items Tesco have increased the price of? We've stopped shopping in Tesco because they're more expensive for most items, especially the ones you buy every week.

rubadub wrote: »

Nothing unusual about it, it is 4.9% sugar, exact same as avonmore fresh milk. It is not added sugar, just natural sugars. Full sugar lilt has less sugar than this. Coke only has about twice the amount -so the next time you hear somebody saying BS like "did you know a glass of coke has 79 spoons of sugar in it" then tell them milk has half that, so whats the big deal.

This milk is not showing up online in my local tesco.

I never realised that , and you are quite correct I just checked the label of the skimmed stuff and it reads the same as the UHT stuff. Surely that's natural sugars and not added sugar ? I'm not great when it comes to understanding food labelling :o

Sorry going off topic here, I might start a new thread for my questions over in food.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

snubbleste wrote: »
    I bought loads and stuck it in the freezer.
    do you just take it out to defrost night before>??how long does it last then once opened,,i've never frozen milk before:rolleyes:

tantipie wrote: »
    do you just take it out to defrost night before>??how long does it last then once opened,,i've never frozen milk before:rolleyes:

I defrost it for about 12 hours, then put it in the fridge before it is fully defrosted and shake before use. Lasts about 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Casey_81

How long can you freeze it for?
    Milk icecubes could be a solution to the aforementioned middle of the night tea making emergencies

• Advertisement

Casey_81 wrote: »
    How long can you freeze it for?
    Milk icecubes could be a solution to the aforementioned middle of the night tea making emergencies

Normally I do it for a month maximum. Dunno otherwise, use google .

Advertisement