Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Experience

Options
  • 02-07-2011 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

My friends had a strange experience the other night, & I was hoping you guys could shed some light on the subject :)

The other night, they were chillin' at home. It was a clear starry night, and slightly cold. They went into the kitchen at about 3am. They were getting a glass of water, when there was a flash of light. It lit up everything as clear as day! They said it had a yellow tint to to the light. They said there was no way it was lightening.

They had asked someone about it, & they mentioned an old myth that this kind of phenomenon means something bad is about to happen.
    On a side note, they have an old neighbor, who's house is facing the window that they were looking out of.

Thanks for any input! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

car light > someone turning their car

a torch light > someone snooping around

lightening without thunder > lightening from a distance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I've seen this happen when a sub-station blows, happens more often then you'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭Duff

Also, I've seen meteorites and they light the sky up like it's daylight for the few seconds they take to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

Duff wrote: »
    Also, I've seen meteorites and they light the sky up like it's daylight for the few seconds they take to pass.
    I'd go with meteorites on this on........or just 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

plus, with the weather we're having, it really could have been lightening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Ball lightening?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

This would explain it but you would export a lot of different reports about it:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

There doesn't appears to be anything paranormal happening out there. Seems just some meteor kind of happening to amaze your friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

there was a flash of light. It lit up everything as clear as day! They said it had a yellow tint to to the light. They said there was no way it was lightening.

how did they categorically rule out the most likely explanation?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

How did they rule out lightening? I couldn't tell ya, I wasn't there! They insist, plus (& I'm no meteorologist by any stretch) the weather that night wouldn't point to lightening.

Duff wrote: »

I looked up a few vids, & the sheer brightness of them is amazing!! :eek:

Check this out, I would put this up at no.1 likely explanation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz8AyqI8oK4&feature=related

Anyone know if there was any meteorites that night? (It was 3am on thursday 30th)

Thanks for the replies!

• Advertisement
Advertisement