Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supermacs, very bony chicken.

• 02-07-2011 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

A few weeks ago ordered chicken there and it was mostly bone, very little lean and I felt shockingly bad value. If I wasn't on the go I would have returned it . Very rarely eat fast food in general but remember a similar experience at Supermacs years ago. Such bony food, such little meat, they should be ashamed of themselves. A rip off and <SNIP> as far as I'm concerned.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Eh, it's Supermacs, hardly the height of luxury. You get what you pay for and you'd be mad to expect your order coming out looking like the picture on the menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Have you been thinking about this for the last few weeks?

Sure write up a letter with the dates, times, location and so on send to HQ
    You might get some vouchers, chance your arm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you done anything (i.e. spoken to a manager, written to Supermacs) to make your complaint known?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Assume it was a snack box?? Probably just unlucky to get two bad pieces. Make sure and ask for 1 of the pieces to be a breast the next time, 50 cent extra , way more chicken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

I wasn't in my home town otherwise I would have returned and complained, was actually leaving the town in question and wanted food for the road. I suppose I could still write. It was <SNIP> in my view and remember the same thing with them in the past elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Your last post got edited by a mod for saying <SNIP>

Ok about to remove the same word myself quoted above. To be euphemistic I didn't receive what I paid for. I didn't pay for something that was mostly bone,on this instance or in the past. This wasn't the product advertised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭StudentDad

Supermacs chicken used to be good ... once upon a time ... then they changed the breading mix to a cheaper godawful variety ... the last time I was in a supermacs it was awful and my wife got food poisoning.

*shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

"I didn't pay for something that was mostly bone,on this instance or in the past."

so you went didnt like, didnt complain but yet you went back again....??!! different branch same company.

and the mod was right to remove the word as it's not..

come on to boards if you have a issue that isn't been dealt with or how to deal with the issue. coming on to vent and actually doing nothing about it?

write a letter, if you have no joy, come back and seek advise...

As I said I was leaving the town , a long way from home, didn't eat until I was gone, wasn't in a position to return. Previous clientelle with the named firm was years ago, hardly a case of blindly returning.

Nor is it a case of simply venting, by exposing such practice, throughout consumer land, raising awareness, it might lead to an improvement. Serves the public by raising awareness of high or low quality of whatever outlet we frequent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

bringing it to the attention of supermacs might have a results but without contacting them you will not achieve anything

i eat supermacs from time to time and have had no problems with their food...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

It was probably a thigh piece you got,they always are more bone than meat.
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Freiheit wrote: »
    As I said I was leaving the town , a long way from home, didn't eat until I was gone, wasn't in a position to return. Previous clientelle with the named firm was years ago, hardly a case of blindly returning.

Nor is it a case of simply venting, by exposing such practice, throughout consumer land, raising awareness, it might lead to an improvement. Serves the public by raising awareness of high or low quality of whatever outlet we frequent.

What a crock. :rolleyes:

If you didn't complain to Supermacs there's no point moaning on the internet.
    Freiheit wrote: »
    Previous clientelle with the named firm was years ago

And wtf does that mean??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Some people are chicken when it comes to complaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

supermacs is hardly the higher end on the market? if you wanted more meat get a breast of chicken no?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Hot Pants Jamie

Supermacs is tastless food i have to agree! 100% irish and all that boll***s! ive yet to see an irish person working there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hot Pants Jamie Please stick to the topic at hand.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭compsys

Supermacs is tastless food i have to agree! 100% irish and all that boll***s! ive yet to see an irish person working there..

They mean 100% Irish owned. They don't mean 100% of the employess are Irish, nor should they have to be. Dear God :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

(Thanked this by accident, and on mobile.)
    Hot Pants Jamie, I work there, i'm Irish.
    OP, expect a few vouchers if you write to them, but thats about all that would come of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Just to throw out there to dispel the myth of Supermac's having no Irish staff - I'm Irish and I work in Supermac's, and many of my colleagues are Irish.

WIth regards to your complaint about the chicken, you really should have complained to the management. Occasionally a bad piece that is mostly bone will get into the cooker and if a customer complains, it's immediately replaced with a bigger piece and an apology. Obviously you can't expect gourmet food from a cheap fast food chain but their customer complaints are usually dealt with very well (in my particular store at least).

Really, you should have complained because unless you complain, nothing can be fixed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement