Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange goings-on at Gorey Post Office

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

It's me own money Father, I just didn't want to fill out de forims!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

No no no, the money was just resting in their account. Isn't that right father?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Pretty sure it was just resting in my account. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

later10 wrote: »

Is this something we may be likely to see more of in the future? Is it likely that financial stress, particularly perhaps for those with young families, is in danger of causing individuals to engage in fraudulent or criminal activity?

I think it is very likely that we are going to hear/see many more instaces of desperate people involved in ever more desperate criminal acts.
    Would hate to be a whammy burger employee over the next few years!

What doesnt help is the fact that so many instances of corruption among bankers, politicians, etc have gone unpunished - it leads the average joe to think 'why should they get away with it?. If they can, so can I. Sure everyone else is doing it.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

ArtyM wrote: »
    I think it is very likely that we are going to hear/see many more instaces of desperate people involved in ever more desperate criminal acts.

What doesnt help is the fact that so many instances of corruption among bankers, politicians, etc have gone unpunished - it leads the average joe to think 'why should they get away with it?. If they can, so can I. Sure everyone else is doing it.'
    I think you are right.

Sneaky Fingers Fingleton may have set a rather unfortunate precedent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Emiko

ArtyM wrote: »

1.5 million sounds less desperate, than greedy.

Advertisement