Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses to Rosslare Europort

Options
  • 02-07-2011 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭

So..myself and my bf are going to be heading to Wales via the ferry port in Rosslare, and are going to be staying in a B&B the night before.

I'm wondering, does the bus from Cork - Rosslare Europort go through Rosslare Harbour village? The actual full route of the bus is Tralee - Rosslare Europort. I realise that people may think I should get on to Bus Éireann, but I've found them unreliable in past regarding the information they give about times/routes etc.

Thanks in advance for any replies!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Best to book a local taxi,it'll only cost a couple of quid.Better safe than sorry,the folks at the B+B could organise it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

We'll be getting a taxi from the B&B to the port the next morning, but we're travelling from Cork. It's getting from Cork to Rosslare that I'm wondering about:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

AFAIK the bus also travels to the strand aswell. I think it stops at Rosslare Strand first then the Harbour.They are only a couple of minutes apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

Hi Meehan,

The bus stops opposite the church in Rosslare Harbour (beside Supervalu). Depending on where your B & B is you will most probably be able to walk to it.

The bus also stops in Kilrane which is very close to Rosslare Harbour. Some of the B&Bs are located there. If you can tell me the name of your B&B I'll tell you where to get off the bus!:)

Thanks for the replies:)

We'll be staying in either the Oldcourt House, or Clifford House. From what I can make out, they're pretty much next to each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

Yes they are beside each other. Get off the bus at the church bus stop in Rosslare Harbour. You have about a 5 to 10 minute walk from there to the B&B. Walk from the church up through the village past the St Helens Hotel (now closed), past Quik Pick shop, continue on straight past the garda station and both B & Bs are on the left hand side.

Thanks a mil, this is so helpful!:) How far from there to the port?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thanks a mil, this is so helpful!smile.gif How far from there to the port?

Down the steps, about 5 min walk. B&B Owner will point you right

Advertisement