Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

goforless.ie

Options
  • 02-07-2011 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Anyone use these? Are they any good?

At €75 its a lot cheaper then USIT.... and i dont trust myself to do the forms!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

goforless is part of club travel they have an office on abbey street. club travel is one of the biggest travel companies in Ireland they are the real deal. almost every travel agency on the country buys cheap tickets off them they ain't a fly by night operation

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

The flights are good alright, 470 one way to toronto!

Anyone use their visa service tho? they'll set ya up a bank account, Canadian pps number and check your application for €75

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Hi,
    I did that E75 package. It's not like USIT as they do not have allocated Visas. They just help you with the process and I found them really poor at that. I found a mistake on my application after they had checked it but fortunately it got through anyway.

For the bank account, they use a 3rd party company so they don't deal with you at all. Can't remember what the bank was but it was some english bank that only had one office in Ireland and they required you to go there to sign documentation. They would then mail things to you and it was all just way too much hassle. I set up a bank account here with TD in about 30 mins, and had an ATM card going out the door and could have a credit card if I wanted one. Way less hassle. All I needed was my work visa and a passport to set it up.

For the PIN number, they only sent me a link to a downloadable word document. It's not even password protected so anyone can download the document, and you can find the same information online. It just tells you where to go to get your PIN.

Anyway, that was my experience. It was only E75, but possibly the most pointless 75 I have spent in quite some time. Hope that helps! Sorry if it sounds a bit negative. It is helpful to have someone you can call or talk to, but other than that I didn't find it much good.

jimmybeige wrote: »
    Hi,
    I did that E75 package. It's not like USIT as they do not have allocated Visas. They just help you with the process and I found them really poor at that. I found a mistake on my application after they had checked it but fortunately it got through anyway.

For the bank account, they use a 3rd party company so they don't deal with you at all. Can't remember what the bank was but it was some english bank that only had one office in Ireland and they required you to go there to sign documentation. They would then mail things to you and it was all just way too much hassle. I set up a bank account here with TD in about 30 mins, and had an ATM card and a Credit card going out the door. Way less hassle. All I needed was my work visa and a passport to set it up.

For the PIN number, they only sent me a link to a downloadable word document. It's not even password protected so anyone can download the document, and you can find the same information online. It just tells you where to go to get your PIN.

Anyway, that was my experience. It was only E75, but possibly the most pointless 75 I have spent in quite some time. Hope that helps! Sorry if it sounds a bit negative. It is helpful to have someone you can call or talk to, but other than that I didn't find it much good.

jimmy i did the usit under 35's programme back in 2005 im going back on an IEC now i didnt use a company myself. I also used TD Bank who SWAP in Canda set me up with. Can i ask you was it just a debit card they gave you or was it an actual credit card. I found it difficult in Canada trying to book flights and stuff online without a Canadian visa card.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Actually they offered me the credit card but since I already had one from home I didn't bother. But my friend got one with them, $1000 limit straight away. No hassle at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

wont bother with goforless so!

dont really wanna go down the usit route. They wont let me book without using their fights (even though its in the terms and conditions that i can, they say I still cant) Being quotes 800 for a flight of them, not a hope of payin that

Anyone know another company that might be any good at checkin forms..... just dont trust myself!

Tonto86 wrote: »
    wont bother with goforless so!

dont really wanna go down the usit route. They wont let me book without using their fights (even though its in the terms and conditions that i can, they say I still cant) Being quotes 800 for a flight of them, not a hope of payin that

Anyone know another company that might be any good at checkin forms..... just dont trust myself!

just get someone in ur famly to go trough the checklist with u and u will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 35 beemer2003

hi guys just wondering how and where you went about setting up ur canadian accounts and what did u need, im hoping to go in January and would like to have one sorted before going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

jjbrien wrote: »

just get someone in ur famly to go trough the checklist with u and u will be fine

I signed up with go4less at the weekend. :-(

What are the most common mistakes filling in the forms?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

Any other thoughts on go4free.ie??? I am thinking of signing up with them but I want more feedback from others who have done so in the past. ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement