Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do I call?

Options
  • 02-07-2011 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

There's a horse tethered behind my row of houses in Kilnacourt in Portarlington - does anyone has the no for the warden to come and take it away? Cheers x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

The Ghostbusters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

The Ghostbusters

Damn, you beat me to it :D

I'd ring the council and go from there.........

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

The Ghostbusters

I wanted to say that!! :(

@OP
    Ring the cops and try your luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Damn, you beat me to it :D

I'd ring the council and go from there.........

Chance would be a fine thing- they don't work over w/e.Plus,nothing listed on the website.
    Ring the gardai- Officer Doug.H Nut is on duty ,he'll help you.:D(We hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

We had the same problem where we lived and no one gave a dam. in the end the baby foal died after we complained the nite before, still did feck all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

fatherted.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Doogieboogie

lol, thanks folks, I posted from my phone earlier as I was on my way out and I'm only back now. The horse was tethered behind the new HSE building or whatever it is. I rang 11811, they gave me the number for the ISPCA, no-one there of course but I left a message. I didn't see it on my way back in, but it was dark, and it had been tethered in out of the way of the road, so difficult to see - I might just pop out and see if it's still there. If it's still there I'll call the guards in the morning, I'm sure they can scare up someone from the ISPCA.

Edit: Horse is gone, hopefully to somewhere a bit more suitable! Thanks again folks

Gone to the glue factory?

Gone to the glue factory?
    And is that supposed to be funny!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

And is that supposed to be funny!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes

Yes
    Yep very funny. NOT.

The horse was there again this morning.... perhaps someone took him into a garden over night or something. I was in a rush this morning, so I couldn't stop (didn't expect to see him there TBH after he was gone last night)

I he's still there in the morning I'll call the guards. Poor thing was tethered to a tree, didn't look as if he had any food or water :mad::mad:

Would love to know which muppet brought him there/left him there - apart from being awful for the horse, there's loads of kids in this estate, if they went over near him he could bite or kick one of them out of fear.

The horse was there again this morning.... perhaps someone took him into a garden over night or something. I was in a rush this morning, so I couldn't stop (didn't expect to see him there TBH after he was gone last night)

I he's still there in the morning I'll call the guards. Poor thing was tethered to a tree, didn't look as if he had any food or water :mad::mad:

Would love to know which muppet brought him there/left him there - apart from being awful for the horse, there's loads of kids in this estate, if they went over near him he could bite or kick one of them out of fear.
    the guards will do nothing, we had this all last yr, a mum and her baby half starving mum tied up couldnt move. even when the baby was kicked to death, and we phoned no one would do nothing. came the next day, took poor baby and still left mum there.

I just rang the ISPCA, they told me to ring the County Council. The woman who deals with Control of Horses (yes, there is!) is off today, but I left a message and I'll ring back again tomorrow.

To be fair, the horse looks in good nick, but it won't be for long if it's left tied to a tree :mad:

I reckon I'll adopt the ''keep badgering them till they do something about it'' approach.... another ''tack'' I could try (sorry... I'll get me coat!) is the fact that they shiney new HSE building is opening soon and a stray horse behind it doesn't look great.

Poor horse... I'll bring him out a few apples this evening. :)

the guards will do nothing, we had this all last yr, a mum and her baby half starving mum tied up couldnt move. even when the baby was kicked to death, and we phoned no one would do nothing. came the next day, took poor baby and still left mum there.

Jesus, that's awful. The guy in the ISPCA told me to ring back if the horse is being mistreated and they could then do something about it. Call me old-fashioned, but I think it's being mistreated if it's being left on a short tether in the full sun with no water - and it's to rain for the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Is it brown and white?

Yep

Yep

I know who it is,if you have facebook add lspca and let them know they,ll sort it or lspca.ie but facebook is better

• Advertisement

I know who it is,if you have facebook add lspca and let them know they,ll sort it or lspca.ie but facebook is better

I rang the ISPCA today, the guy told me that unless the horse was being mistreated there was little they could do - he did say to keep an eye on it and ring back if it was being treated cruelly. I'll add them on FB though and send them a msg, thanks.

If you know who the horse belongs to, are they approachable? Would they take kindly to being told to move the horse, or would they kick off?

I rang the ISPCA today, the guy told me that unless the horse was being mistreated there was little they could do - he did say to keep an eye on it and ring back if it was being treated cruelly. I'll add them on FB though and send them a msg, thanks.

If you know who the horse belongs to, are they approachable? Would they take kindly to being told to move the horse, or would they kick off?

I don't know the person by name i just know him from seeing him around.From the condition of the horse i'd say he's being looked after.

I don't know the person by name i just know him from seeing him around.From the condition of the horse i'd say he's being looked after.

The horse looks fine for now, but you can't leave horses tethered in a housing estate - it's cruel to the horse, and dangerous - he could kick a child (not that I would blame the horse, btw, if a child who didn't know better scared him)

I tried the ISPCA's FB page, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to leave a message... I'll try the County council again tomorrow.

The horse looks fine for now, but you can't leave horses tethered in a housing estate - it's cruel to the horse, and dangerous - he could kick a child (not that I would blame the horse, btw, if a child who didn't know better scared him)

I tried the ISPCA's FB page, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to leave a message... I'll try the County council again tomorrow.

Sorry its Lspca its the laois section

Sorry its Lspca its the laois section

Cool, added them x

Was pleasantly surprised this morning to get a call from the Co. Council woman, she's sending someone out to move the horse as soon as she can.

Seems there's one person at least in a govt department who's efficient!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Was pleasantly surprised this morning to get a call from the Co. Council woman, she's sending someone out to move the horse as soon as she can.

Seems there's one person at least in a govt department who's efficient!

Just as i said !

Veles wrote: »
    I called the LSPCA today in relation to the poor animal been left out in the elements today

:0( poor thing.... what did the LSPCA say? The guy in the ISPCA, while he was very sympathetic, said that there's little they can do unless the horse is being mistreated - I got the impression that because of limited resources, they have to make a judgement call on what constitutes mistreatment.

I'm only just home, he was still there this morning, I don't know if he's still there or not. I presume he is (dark outside - can't see without walking around and don't want to draw attention to myself in case horses owners are nearby!)

• Advertisement

Advertisement