Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You have just won $2MILLION USD

• 02-07-2011 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭

Just got this text from this No.+60102641596
    You have just won $2Million USD in freelotto mobile promo UK.For claim send your name,cell # & email to: freelottoagent93@aol.co.uk & call: +447035905873.
    Anybody else get one of these.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Yes i got one and decided to have a bit of fun with him. I text back pretending to be a guy called Victor Mildrew :) Several emails to and fro , including a fake driving license and western union dockets sent by me and the guy is still thinking that im sending him 640 pounds. The emails are gas. If you have any suggestions on where i can post them i will do so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

There is one circulating about wining the Nokia lottery too but there is no Nokia lottery. I would advise you to delete it and forget about it. They are all scams. I regularly get letters telling me I have won a Spanish lottery. I have never ever entered anything like that and never will. If you haven't entered how the hell can you suddenly win it ???? Just ignore it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I got a message from +27839479608 saying "Congratulations!!! Your mobileJust won 350,000 Pounds at the UK 2011 ORANGE MOBILE PROMO. For Claims E-mail your Name & Lucky Code Number UK-0R5 to orange5@w.cn"

I wish, I wish:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Strituck wrote: »
    Yes i got one and decided to have a bit of fun with him. I text back pretending to be a guy called Victor Mildrew :) Several emails to and fro , including a fake driving license and western union dockets sent by me and the guy is still thinking that im sending him 640 pounds. The emails are gas. If you have any suggestions on where i can post them i will do so

you sir , just won the internet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Kenno90 wrote: »
    you sir , just won the internet :D

Here is a link to my facebook. I put up the driving license i sent him there :)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2199519913855&set=a.1147681218545.2023404.1422998529&type=1&theater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

That (leading on scammers) is known as scambaiting and there is quite a large community based around it at 419eater.com

They generally recommend not forging ID's though as they could be used to scam others. No problem with the western union docket though. Ultimate prizes from scambaiting are getting them to get a tattoo for you, or to post you items. Some people got some pretty cool ornaments from it. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

GF got the same text as the OP..... at 3.30am ..... we were both asleep ...but if it had woke us I'd be well pissed off.

I'm guessing its from some company who gave/sold an App on iphone (if you read terms and conditions you give them access to your personal information)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Hell yeah! Between this & my dead Nigerian Aunt I'm on a definite winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭amdaley28

squire23 wrote: »
    Hell yeah! Between this & my dead Nigerian Aunt I'm on a definite winner.

What ? you got one of them as well :eek:
    I think I got about ten at this stage :P
    The strange thing is people still fall for this horse manure :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If you have any suggestions on where i can post them i will do so

http://www.419eater.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement