Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

visa with drug convictions ?

Options
  • 02-07-2011 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hi, just wondering do drug convictions affect getting a working holiday visa for australia ? i have 2 convictions for minor personal amounts from a few years back and wonder will i be denied a visa ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

hi, just wondering do drug convictions affect getting a working holiday visa for australia ?
    YES
    i have 2 convictions for minor personal amounts from a few years back and wonder will i be denied a visa ??
    That all depends on DIAC Aus Immigration and what your record says.

Really the only way to be sure is declare it on your application. If you dont get it at least you know. Its a WHV not the end of the world.

Best of Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 maximum payne

Zambia wrote: »
    YES

That all depends on DIAC Aus Immigration and what your record says.

Really the only way to be sure is declare it on your application. If you dont get it at least you know. Its a WHV not the end of the world.

Best of Luck.

so it is definitley better to declare it than to not ? thanks for that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭melb

so it is definitley better to declare it than to not ? thanks for that..

Not declaring it would be illegal and boards.ie does not let posters suggest ways of breaking the law.

If you get a WHV and haven't declared but then decide you want to stay in Aus it will come back to bite you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 maximum payne

melb wrote: »
    Not declaring it would be illegal and boards.ie does not let posters suggest ways of breaking the law.

If you get a WHV and haven't declared but then decide you want to stay in Aus it will come back to bite you.

didnt mean to coma accross like that just dont want to be refused.. i have since put it down on my application.. i was caught twice with small personal amounts a few years ago hopefully it wont affect it..

Advertisement