Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juhu takeaway in Cherrywood

• 02-07-2011 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

I was curious about this after I saw a good review in the Irish Times - just tried it for the 1st time today - the food is really good http://juhu.ie/

I have no connection and usually hate takeaways!

Comments

Noticed this place recently. Nothing there has ever lasted so hopefully if it's decent it will get the business in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Its usually the same business but gets rebranded a lot. My exeriences of the place before it became Juhu have been fantastic, i havnt ate from it since it changed. Its just in a awkward place that nobody ever thinks of when they want to order a take away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Used to get food there all the time when it was the Golden Ball and something before that over the last few years then if became the 'Silver Tassie' or the 'Silver Tassle' as someone cleverly inserted a line under to connect the dot on the i to make it 'Tassle' !!

If its the same oweners as previous then in no doubt it'll be lovely and looking adn lokign at the menu now I might take a trip down this evening haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

I had the 'Juhu Fusion' a few weeks ago, basically a green thai curry. Was somewhat underwhelmed as their was a lack of chilli. To be fair the menu does not describe it as spicy, but 'aromatic', whatever that means??

I had the hot and sweet beef as a starter, again could of been heavier with the chilli and thought the beef was a wee bit tough.

Having said that - the food struck me as fresh, there was no gloopy crap hiding god knows what, and I am keen to explore other bits of the menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I got something out of there about 3-4 weeks ago, cant remember what I had but I was not impressed.

Its a pity really, we really need an injection of good take aways around here.

• Advertisement

benwavner wrote: »
    I got something out of there about 3-4 weeks ago, cant remember what I had but I was not impressed.

Its a pity really, we really need an injection of good take aways around here.

Pattaya in cabinteely are worth a go. I really like the food from there. It's cheap enough (8.90 for a red curry with rice) and quick delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Pattaya in cabinteely are worth a go. I really like the food from there. It's cheap enough (8.90 for a red curry with rice) and quick delivery.

Hey,

I didnt know they delivered. I ate there about 5 years ago and havent been there since. I may well give it another go so.

Theres a new Thai take away opposite the old Cumberland in DL. Camile it is called, tis yum!

Saw someone mentioning that place alright. Would probably be cold by the time I get it home to Shankill :D

Yeh Pattaya deliver, they're also on just-eat.ie who often do 10/15% off days (usually posted in bargain alerts) so keep your eye out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Ordered from them again a few days ago, the chilli stir fry. Totally meh on it, tasted reasonably hot but that was pretty much it. Gloopy red sauce that tasted of chilli and little else. Had a starter too, so underwhelming I can't recall what it was.

Will be making a return to Pattaya in the future.

Advertisement