Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RT Ireland only stream

Options
  • 02-07-2011 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi. I have been using my Samsung Galaxy S 2 for a couple of weeks now and one of the things that really excited me was the ability to watch the football and hurling live at www.rte.ie/live. However recently I've not been able to do this. With a little investigating I realised that I can still watch the news live and so on but I cannot watch any video or stream listed as "Ireland Only". So for some reason rte.ie thinks my phone internet connection is coming from abroad.

So how do I fix this, if it can be fixed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You're trying this on 3g? Madness :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 servechilled

A click on the obscurely titled "FAQ" reveals

I'm in the relevant territory and I can't access the service. Why?
    If you are unable to access the service, you should contact your ISP to report the issue. You require an IP addresses that identifies you as being located in the relevant territory to access the service. If your ISP requires any further information, they can contact RTÉ.ie at the following address: onlinetechs@rte.ie. The ISP should include their Autonomous System (AS) number with any correspondence.

Basically they don't have the IP registered as being irish. In spite of their advice I'd recommend just sending Rte the ip address range and letting them sort it.

Who are you with ? Hopefully 3 with all you can eat data otherwise prepare for bill shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

As mentioned above, watch the data figures, I once spent €40 watching Prime Time.

...just once. ;)

Advertisement