Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged sky cable

Options
  • 02-07-2011 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Lads,

Bitch of a dog got a hold of the cable that runs down the wall and into the house and chewed thru it. Is it possible to fix or do I need to get them out to replace?

There are two wires in total with the real fine wires around the outer wire :confused:

Trying to ring them but because of the fight they won't answer the phone :mad:

Any help would be great!!!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

You can rejoin them, no need for the waterproofing if the break is indoors.

The f-connectors for standard (~6.5mm) cable are readily available, don't know about the thinner version of this stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

theshamu wrote: »
    Lads,

Bitch of a dog got a hold of the cable that runs down the wall and into the house and chewed thru it. Is it possible to fix or do I need to get them out to replace?

There are two wires in total with the real fine wires around the outer wire :confused:

Trying to ring them but because of the fight they won't answer the phone :mad:

Any help would be great!!!!!

Cut out the bad bit, get a new section to replace the bad bit you cut out. Fit an F connector each end of the new bit and each end of the old lead and two barrel connectors, one for each end, and connect up. Make sure you put some form of waterproofing to keep the wet out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭theshamu

Thanks for the advice lads.. Tried fixing it but no joy. Still under warranty and for some reason your dog chewing thru the cable does not void it lol..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Hey don't blame my dog! (I don't even have a dog.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement