Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not ovulating on clomid

Options
  • 02-07-2011 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi,

Im on my second cycle of clomid 100mg which i finished today on D6. Last month my progesterone Day 21 level was only 2 :-( im due for another day 21 blood test this month but i havent be offered any scans to see if i am developing any folicles - is this normal? Also what is the next step to get me ovulating if this doesnt work?

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Nicky,
    In my clinic, I dont think they would let me take clomid if I didnt get scans. In fact, thats how my cycle was cancelled this months - on 50mg I produced 3 follicles and they cancelled. If it had been two they might have gone ahead and given me my trigger shot. I have to have a scan before getting the next dose of clomid 50mg for 2 days instead of 5 like before, but they want to be sure that those follicles are not still around before I take the clomid.

But, every clinic is different, though it has been mostly US forums that I would see clomid use without scans to monitor. If you are in dublin its worth asking on the chat thread, because someone might be going to the same place as you and know the procedures they follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Hi Neytile,

Im attending the routunda. There havent spoke about a trigger shot?? when is this used?

HE just said im not ovulating and they need to find out why as ultrasound and blood tests are all normal. I was on 50mg for first cycle with no ovulation then had to take provera again to bring on AF and commence the second cycle.

I am due to go back in a few weeks and wanna have enough infomation so it looks like i know what im talking about.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I am getting treated in Galway, so couldnt be further away really! The trigger shot is more correctly known as the Pregnyl injection. Nicknamed the trigger because it triggers the matured follicles to rupture, therefore controlling ovulation time.

When my cycle was cancelled after the day 10 scan they dont give you the shot so your follicles will reabsorb into the ovary (according to the nurse) but I wonder if I did still ovulate anyway. Because of that chance, and 3 mature follicles we were advised to use condoms for the rest of the cycle.

I already ovulate, so I think they are precribing it to give me a stronger ovulation, but if this does not work after 3 months then its onto the more invasive (and dearer) treatments. I would imagine that they will keep you on clomid for longer, and they generally increase by 50mg until you do get your eggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LIZIE9

Hi all I am on my 5th round of clomid. The First 3 rounds my day 21 progeteron relusts were -0.08. The doc then advised me to take a break as the side affects were really bad.

So now i have just finished my 1st new round and the day 21 results were 45.9 :D I was so happy i almost fell out of my standing but then on day 32 my period arrived :mad:

Now i am on my 6th round and this month have used ovulation strips every day from day 10 - day 21 and no day was positive. I am waiting for new day 21 results but if they are normal does that mean i ovulated or not the ovulation test were all negitive, is this a false negitve?

i am 30yrs old and we have been trying for 10yrs im starting to loose hope altough the 45.9 day 21 results did really boost me.I also have PCOS even tough it is mild

i know that's a lot of waffel but what i really would like to know is do you defo ovulate is day 21 results are over 30?

any help or success story would really lift my spirts now

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Hi,

Unfortunatley I dont have a success story for you as my results on clomid onky came back as 1 and 2 but I do believe that your 40+ level is a good sign. I think that showed yhat you did ovulate so fingers crossed for this cycle.
    Baby dust to you

• Advertisement

Lizie,
    dont worry too much about the ovulation strips - the LH surge sometimes lasts only a couple of hours so it may have come and gone while you were sleeping.

I missed it 3 months in a row but because I was getting bloods done anyway, they proved that I ovulated when the strips were not showing anything.

Clomid worked for me. I was two years ttc and within 3 months of clomid I got pregnant, so though I think I was extremely fortunate to be that lucky, it does work a lot of the time. Wishing all clomid users the best of luck.

Advertisement