Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glee in the O2

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭yellowsky169

I went to the saturday matinee show and I really enjoyed it!!:D they were late out but I didnt even notice the time going in it would probably have been different if I was there with young kids, I went with my friend who's 15 (same age as me) and our mums went too but their seats were away from us. They didn't stay out for wile long but the time they were out was amazing!!!:D The price of merchandise was what I expected. I really enjoyed it, Kurt and Brittany really stood out. Oh and as for Quinn not being there I didnt even notice until afterwards!:eek: Pity though because she's one of my favourites! Still I thought it was a class concert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 KMax

Glad you enjoyed it yellowsky - my kids range from to 12 to 5 so I think thats why they found the wait long - what they love is the music they are not really into the nitty gritty of the show as such (which is just as well) - if they were older it might have been easier for them - I have to say that I was a bit fed up waiting myself though but they were very good when they came on - was a bit disappointed "Kurt"/"Rachel" didnt sing "Defying Gravity" which they did in the tours in the US - I thought "Britney" came across the best personality wise - "Kurt" was good to get down and shake hands but I thought he was a bit OTT and in one way I am sorry he did single ladies as after that my small girl told me that she wasnt sure he had sung live at all. "Sam" was hardly there at all and I did miss "Quinn". Of course the UK fans got Gwyneth Paltrow as a surprise to boot!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭yellowsky169

Yeah it would be a long wait if you were that age. Yeah Sam wasn't in it much but I heard his charachter won't be back in the next series!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,666 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Were they all singing live for all 4 shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

KMax wrote: »
    Glad you enjoyed it yellowsky - my kids range from to 12 to 5 so I think thats why they found the wait long - what they love is the music they are not really into the nitty gritty of the show as such (which is just as well) - if they were older it might have been easier for them - I have to say that I was a bit fed up waiting myself though but they were very good when they came on - was a bit disappointed "Kurt"/"Rachel" didnt sing "Defying Gravity" which they did in the tours in the US - I thought "Britney" came across the best personality wise - "Kurt" was good to get down and shake hands but I thought he was a bit OTT and in one way I am sorry he did single ladies as after that my small girl told me that she wasnt sure he had sung live at all. "Sam" was hardly there at all and I did miss "Quinn". Of course the UK fans got Gwyneth Paltrow as a surprise to boot!!:(

There were a couple of songs that weren't sung live or were sung to a backing track, Single Ladies didn't sound live to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Aprilmay

flutegirl wrote: »
    There were a couple of songs that weren't sung live or were sung to a backing track, Single Ladies didn't sound live to me.

No it wasn't live neither was Britney singing Slave for you

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

Single Ladies was never meant to be sung. Kurt just did the dance to it not the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I took my little sister to the last show (Sunday night) we got inside, used bathrooms, bought snacks, some merch, then had to wait 15 or 20 minutes to be seated because staff were "cleaning" the venue - fair enough.

Merch was ridiculously expensive. €32 for a youth tshirt, I don't think I have seen any over €25 in the past and I have been to a lot of concerts. €15 for a white mug with a couple of words printed in red font. We just bought a poster and foam hand (€5 each) little sister wanted a tshirt but there was no way I could justify spending that much on it.

When we got to our seats I was fairly annoyed that the whole row where we were seated had sticky floor, someone had obviously spilled a fizzy drink and it hadn't been cleaned up. It wasn't the end of the world but very annoying that everytime I moved my feet my flats fell off/stuck to the floor.

The warm up act were boring. My sister loved when they did the spinning on one hand etc. But it got old quickly. They were decent dancers but I expected better for a support act. It went on far too long and the gap between them and the cheerios coming on stage seemed like a long time. (for me at least, "when are glee coming on?!" every two seconds)

little sister was devestated that she didn't get a "barf bag" one of the cheerios came up to the edge of our row and we were on the end seats with both of our hands out and nothing. Another came up to the row behind us (which was completely empty) and she didn't give us one either. Seen lots of other little kids upset about it too, maybe they could have given them out to everyone on the doors as they entered the o2? They are just paper bags but made the kids who didn't get any feel as though the others were more important as they got one, even though we all paid the same ticket prices.

Just before the show started a family of four sat in front of us, two teenage girls and their parents. The teenage girls sat in front of my sisters seat then swapped with the parents which meant little sis couldn't see. I would have held her on my knee but that would have been blocking the view for the folks behind me so I politely asked the mother if she would switch seats with one of her daughters, to which I got a "well my kids need to see aswell" response. Very rude, her daughters were 15/16 and my sister is five years old, her and her husband were at least 5'8+. She swapped seats eventually but once the show started they stood for the whole thing which blocked our view anyways (fair enough standing for a few the upbeat song but I thought it was rude to stand for the whole thing) my sister got p*ssed off not too long into the show, maybe halfway? I think it was around the time Brittany performed Slave 4 U. She just sat with her head in my chest for the rest of the show. After queueing, then waiting ages for them to finally come on stage, she couldn't see a thing. I tried putting her standing on the back of one of the seats for half of a song but I took her down after that because I didn't want to block anyone elses view behind us (although they were kids too and wouldn't have been able to see either)

I actually wish security had been as strict as the previous shows with telling people not to stand. The cast of Glee performed really well based on what I heard (couldn't see) but I probably wouldn't go again because it was far too short and despite paying a lot of money for tickets, we couldn't see a thing because of the people in front. If it's a seated show where a majority of the audience are young kids then I think it should be a rule to actually stay in your seats.

We spent the same amount of money for Miley Cyrus tickets when she played here and everyone stayed in their seats, the show went on much longer, and the merch was more affordable.

The concert is coming to cinemas in 3D in August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Aprilmay wrote: »
    I stand if I want to stand and I don't mind those idiots telling me to sit down

What a great attitude you have. What if you are standing in front of somebody who is unable to stand for long periods of time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The concert is coming to cinemas in 3D in August

Brilliant, another excuse for parents to shell out money so their children can see the same show they just witnessed badly in live format, followed of course by the "take home experience" of the ridiculously priced DVD and "special edition" 3D boxset with a few behind the scenes videos that make either no sense nor add anything to the experience

Yes folks, welcome to modern rip off Ireland, a place where you can pay 85Euro for a rip off show, 32Euro for a rip off T Shirt, 15Euro for a rip off mug, 8Euro for a cinema ticket, 10 to 15Euro for the DVD and then they still expect your TV License to watch the bloody thing!

Nobody thinks this kind of thing is worth getting upset about? Nobody thinks a simple letter from every parent affected to Trading Standards might send a clear message?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Brilliant, another excuse for parents to shell out money so their children can see the same show they just witnessed badly in live format, followed of course by the "take home experience" of the ridiculously priced DVD and "special edition" 3D boxset with a few behind the scenes videos that make either no sense nor add anything to the experience

Yes folks, welcome to modern rip off Ireland, a place where you can pay 85Euro for a rip off show, 32Euro for a rip off T Shirt, 15Euro for a rip off mug, 8Euro for a cinema ticket, 10 to 15Euro for the DVD and then they still expect your TV License to watch the bloody thing!

Nobody thinks this kind of thing is worth getting upset about? Nobody thinks a simple letter from every parent affected to Trading Standards might send a clear message?

Surely it's up to people to vote with their feet?
    It's not compulsory to buy these things.

As for the concert. I'm surprised that children as young as 5 were there.

magnumlady wrote: »

I seen a lady carry a small child maybe around 2 in her arms by where we were sitting

magnumlady wrote: »

There were children younger than five too. My aunt brought her kids to one of the morning concerts and said the majority of the audience were young kids.

I seen a lady carry a small child maybe around 2 in her arms by where we were sitting

There was a lady in the seat behind me with a baby and smal child (I would say he was about 3 or 4) too. She had to sit for the whole concert with baby so she couldn't see anything either. Not that I think a concert is an appropriate place for a baby, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm really surprised, it's a lot of money to spend on a child so young they probably won't remember any of it when they get older.

I wouldn't bring a child younger than 4. I took my sister to Miley Cyrus when she was 4 1/2, that was her first concert. She mightn't remember it when she grows up but she enjoyed it at the time and still talks about it now. I do feel that the Glee tickets were a waste of money/time because she didn't see most of the show and just felt miserable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

dee. wrote: »
    There was a lady in the seat behind me with a baby and smal child (I would say he was about 3 or 4) too. She had to sit for the whole concert with baby so she couldn't see anything either. Not that I think a concert is an appropriate place for a baby, but still.

There was a fella a few rows behind us that was heading for his seat carrying a small baby, was very surprised especially with the noise.

Talking of the t-shirts, was one side of the room looking at the blue t-shirt, asked the girl if it hads the tour dates on the back, and she said no, price was 32e. Went across to the other side, blue t-shirt on display both sides, tour dates on back, same t-shirt but 30e! Go figure.

20 euros each for the cds that are selling on line and in other music shops for around 7 to 10 euros

Advertisement