Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with cyber rocker gaming chair! (PS3)

Options
  • 02-07-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone here own a cyber rocking gaming chair??

I bought one today for my son ( & myself when i can get him off it) ..but i got it out second hand out of the market & it never came with any instructions though i got it working but it seems everytime i play online on COD the sound goes blank for a good few seconds at a time.. does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong with it??

Also can anyone tell me what the socket called "line out" is used for on the chair??

I have the red & white cable going from the PS3 to the chair.. & the yellow cable going from the ps3 to the scart convertor on the back of the TV..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Line out is for external sound(so if you wanted to use the chair and a Hifi system).

If its cutting out, it could be the ****ty little amp in the chair protecting itself by turning itself off, or it could be a feed issue. Did you use the same two RCA connectors(Red and white ones) with the TV before the chair? If you switched from HDMI it may be the console attempting surround sound, but if you've used the same cabling with a tv and it works, then its a problem with the chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Line out is for external sound(so if you wanted to use the chair and a Hifi system).

If its cutting out, it could be the ****ty little amp in the chair protecting itself by turning itself off, or it could be a feed issue. Did you use the same two RCA connectors(Red and white ones) with the TV before the chair? If you switched from HDMI it may be the console attempting surround sound, but if you've used the same cabling with a tv and it works, then its a problem with the chair.

Yeah its the same Red & White Cables that i had in the back of my TV..( with the Yellow one still going into my TV)..

So you reckon its the Amp itself then.. :(

It just seems strange to me that its ok in the pre game lobby etc & when i play youtube videos on it yet it cuts out when im playing online.. any ideas on how to stop it happening??

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Turn the volume down to so you can just about hear it and try.

If you bought it at a market it could be a lemon and thats why it was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

True.. but ive bought off the same people in the market before & not had any hassle, but i suppose thats the risk of buying out the market.. its a pity cos when it is working it improves the gaming expierence ...thanks for the advice !

Advertisement