Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone network abroad

Options
  • 02-07-2011 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi

Does anyone know if vodafone networks works in Bosnia-Herzegovina?

My mum went there on holiday and she couldnt get a network even though her friend could and vodafone told her before she went that they think it should work?

Could it be that her phone is too old?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Hi

Does anyone know if vodafone networks works in Bosnia-Herzegovina?

My mum went there on holiday and she couldnt get a network even though her friend could and vodafone told her before she went that they think it should work?

Could it be that her phone is too old?

http://www.vodafone.ie/roaming/map/bosnia-herzegovina/

I suspect her SIM card is out of date and doesn't register with networks abroad as they use different technology.
    She would have to go into a vodafone to get a new sim.
    HTH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lonewolf2010

Thanks Mr Grumpy

I will try to get her a new SIM card. Do you think her phone could be out of date aswell? I hear of things like tri-bands etc... and I'm not sure if this is the problem aswell? Or could this also cause a problem?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Thanks Mr Grumpy

I will try to get her a new SIM card. Do you think her phone could be out of date aswell? I hear of things like tri-bands etc... and I'm not sure if this is the problem aswell? Or could this also cause a problem?

I would say her phone is basic as you say it is old enough, phones don't cost a lot, I saw o2 had them for €9.99 in the carphonewarehouse so it wouldn't be a bad idea to get her another one.
    What is the make/model number and I will see if it is an issue with other network technology's.

Advertisement