Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Achill Half Marathon

Options
  • 02-07-2011 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭

Congrats to all associated with this event today. Approx 1600 runners and walkers catered for. Well organised. Lovely day. Large crowd in the island. Lively night expected.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

What a day for it too :)

Fair play to all the runners, i was watching out the door at work in complete awe at some of them, old and young.

Island is wedged all right. Took a spin back Keel and the Annex looked jammers.

Successful event all round i'd say. Will be good to hear feedback from the runners if any of them post on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 estrela

Hey there,
    Has anyone who ran the Achill half marathon received their results? Last year they were texted to my phone that evening but I've got nothing so far this year... I emailed them but the email bounced back.
    Great day, but I'd like to know my time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

At least one competitor I know get her time to her phone

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

Results are posted on the Achill Half Marathon website.

Greatr experience, thanks to all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hamish Mag

Got the time that evening but now I'm dying to see some photos.
    Marathonfoto.com advertised that they would appear same day but still no sign??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

So we have 2 first time posters now both with complaints.... and no one else complaining....... maybe "Talk to Joe" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

They are not really complaining. They just want to know their times. Anyone who completes a half marathon just want to know what time they did it in and where they featured in the whole scale of things. Tis only natural. Tis a thing with runners.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

dec25532 wrote: »
    They are not really complaining. They just want to know their times. Anyone who completes a half marathon just want to know what time they did it in and where they featured in the whole scale of things. Tis only natural. Tis a thing with runners.

They are dec25532, 1 person said they didn't get their time, plenty others did.
    1 person complains about photos not appearing the next day.

Tis what happens, been running for year and have organised races, not this one, its called patience.

With some though tis natural to complain too over the littlest issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement