Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice about job interview that I missed.

• 03-07-2011 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I was away for the past four weeks. When I was away, a letter came from the VEC asking me to interview for a full time job (I had applied for teaching jobs online weeks ago). The date of the interview was last Monday but I only got the letter today so the job is obviously gone now.

I was thinking of ringing the VEC in question and just explaining this to them, and maybe contacting the Principal of the school; just so that they know I didn't ignore the letter and that I am definitely interested on the off-chance that they might still have a vacancy and bear me in mind for future ones. Is there any point in doing this? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There is certainly no harm in doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I definately think you should. Shows some professionalism on your part that you didn't simply ignore the invite:) isn't that a lesson to us all to maybe arrange for Some we trust to keep an eye on our post if we go away during the interview season. Interviews are so hard to come by :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dazzeremo

definitely worth contacting them alright, shows a sense of professionalism!
    :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭doc_17

Get in touch with the VEC ASAP....otherwise if anything else comes up from them in the future you could be overlooked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Thanks for the advice everyone. I contacted both the school and the VEC so we'll see what happens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement