Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

coastal scene c & c

• 03-07-2011 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

4789.jpg

near st johns point donegal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

way over-saturated, and so much noise?? Maybe that was the intention what did you shoot it with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

was going for the over saturated look , shot with 60d and tamron 10-24

Well it looks severally pixleated and burned out. the sky has no gradient, the sea is painfully overdrawn none of it looks real or even appealing as a location. post the original photo if you can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

There's over saturated and then there's that... :eek:

Way too much. And there's artifacts all over the shop

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it looks like a print that was left in the rear window of a car on a hot day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

nice scene, well captured, like the grain/noise but major problem to my mind is that it appears overcooked on the saturation front.

blah, it could be a style and if so then well and good. not for me but that's just me.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

I like the location and the exposure looks pretty good too. Saturation and noise don't work so well in my opinion.

I did a little re-edit of it just to see if I could work it a bit.. obviously nothing major seeing as its a small jpeg. I'll post it if thats okay, and you can tell me what you think?

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    I like the location and the exposure looks pretty good too. Saturation and noise don't work so well in my opinion.

I did a little re-edit of it just to see if I could work it a bit.. obviously nothing major seeing as its a small jpeg. I'll post it if thats okay, and you can tell me what you think?
    Post away :)

Sharpening, desaturation and noise reduction are the main differences, was the noise in the original intentional? Do you shoot RAW?

edited-1-2.JPG

Yeah much better mimms thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Third Eye

Great location. I like the second one best. You might want to straighten your horizon so that it's not falling to the left.

The original image looks like it was shot with a camera phone to be fair...

The original image looks like it was shot with a camera phone to be fair...

I'll shoot you with a camera phone!

uzeo_jYydW_6648.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I really like the first one:o.

I prefer the first one, but i'd rather a middle ground image. The first one is too saturated, the second one is almost black and white. A saturation boost looks good, but probably just a little overdone in the first image.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

harsh people ... I like it too !!

Advertisement