Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there much help here for women affected by abortion

Options
  • 03-07-2011 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Is there much help to help women here in crisis pregnancies I know there are phone lines and some organisations, most are pro-life thankGod. Abortion is wrong but those people that are suppose to be preventing women going to england for abortion don't do much to prevent them. What are they actually doing? I just see them standing outside those reproduction choice places and looking at the poor women going in and out of them. If they want to prevent them and see how they could have their baby they would acutally reach out to the women to let them know someone is there for them. What good is a rally going to do? Really.

Why don't they go in to the communities and places where they will find affected by poverty, deprivation and addictions and the welfare offices and the colleges. THey obviously don't live in the real world, many of them have it cushy with family and support around them how would they know what it's like to be alone with nothing and have no one in a situation like that. If they did they would do those things.

I know a few women who had abortions and they are still traumatised and one of the women took it very badly that after, she wanted to have a baby again and tried sleeping with different men, it really took over her she took her own life a few months later. She was not a young teenager she was in her late 20s. Its very sad and makes me very very angry the way how there is not much help for women. I didn't hear of any support group for women here either affected by this
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Abortion is wrong

I think you will find that is a subjective, rather than a concrete ideology.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

most are pro-life, unfortunately
    FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

and so the carousel is started... quick, jump on board!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Awwww here it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

I don't understand why people are against it ? If you don't like abortions then don't have one.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 406 ✭✭FesterBeatty

Abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭teaandtoast

I think you will find that is a subjective, rather than a concrete ideology.

abortion is wrong, its ending a human life. I think in cases of incest, rape and cases where there a theaten's the health and life of the mother, it is acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I don't understand why people are against it ? If you don't like abortions then don't have one.
    It's not nearly as simple as that. Elective abortion is essentially the termination (Some prefer the term murder) of otherwise viable human life. The whole debate is essentially "Should the child's rights take primacy over the mother's rights or should the mother's rights take primacy over the child's rights". Some people believe that the mother has the right to choose whether or not to continue carrying her child whereas others believe that mothers have no right to terminate the lives of their children. It is essentially the conflict of rights between two (Usually three) people.

FYP

What does 'FYP' mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Interesting point. Does anyone think differently? I cannot imagine this will be too controversial, I would expect we shall reach a consensus before bedtime!

• Advertisement

It's not nearly as simple as that. Elective abortion is essentially the termination (Some prefer the term murder) of otherwise viable human life. The whole debate is essentially "Should the child's rights take primacy over the mother's rights or should the mother's rights take primacy over the child's rights". Some people believe that the mother has the right to choose whether or not to continue carrying her child whereas others believe that mothers have no right to terminate the lives of their children. It is essentially the conflict of rights between two (Usually three) people.

Well that is basic everyone has the equal right to live, the mother, unborn children and everyone

abortion is wrong, its ending a human life. I think in cases of incest, rape and cases where there a theaten's the health and life of the mother, it is acceptable.

I think Nissan Micras are wrong. I think they should be banned from the roads, both for aesthetic & pure annoyance reasons.

That however, doesn't make it a universal truth.. it's just an opinion.

What does 'FYP' mean

Found Your Penis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Ah jeasus, not an abortion thread, i was just about to go to bed...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Jeez, don't feed it. For the love of all that's good don't feed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

This sh*te again.....

I think Nissan Micras are wrong. I think they should be banned from the roads, both for aesthetic & pure annoyance reasons.

That however, doesn't make it a universal truth.. it's just an opinion.

A nissan micra is not a human being the most intelligent eternal creation that exist. A missan micra is a car than you might get ten years out of driving it it's purpose is to use as a mode of transport, that is what its for. Human beings have got many purposes all that we still don't know about how intelligent we are as humans.

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Ah jeasus, not an abortion thread, i was just about to go to bed...

I was just about to have an abortion.

I think I'll wait & see what the general consensus is on the issue in this thread before I make up my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

What does 'FYP' mean

Fixed Your Post.

So how would you be if you didn't have our sisters or brothers or your boyfriend/girlfriend in your life if they were not given the chance to have been born. Would your life be different without them

• Advertisement

A nissan micra is not a human being the most intelligent eternal creation that exist.

It's not even a decent car. It looks like it was designed to look like a fat woman's arse & the engine was designed to move about as fast as an asmathic tortoise.

If car manufacturers could have abortions, the Nissan Micra should have been one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I drive a van and I am pro abortion.

It's not even a decent car. It looks like it was designed to look like a fat woman's arse & the engine was designed to move about as fast as an asmathic tortoise.

If car manufacturers could have abortions, the Nissan Micra should have been one of them.

How can you compare a car to a person. Give humanity the dignity it deserve's we are not machines, we create and invent machines. It was people who invented the wheel and cars so if their mothers aborted them intelligent inventors where would the world be. Where would the world be if guy who discover electricity be if his mother didn't let him live.

Do you have any kids in your family like cousins or sibings, think about it, they their mother didn't give them a chance to be born and they didn't exist.

How can you compare a car to a person. Give humanity the dignity it deserve's we are not machines, we create and invent machines. It was people who invented the wheel and cars so if their mothers aborted them intelligent inventors where would the world be. Where would the world be if guy who discover electricity be if his mother didn't let him live.

Do you have any kids in your family like cousins or sibings, think about it, they their mother didn't give them a chance to be born and they didn't exist.

That argument goes both ways. For example - if Hitler or the person who designed the Nissan Micra were aborted before birth (and they are both as evil as each other) - then the world would also be a much better place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Give humanity the dignity it deserve's

Debate on that should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Is there much help to help women here in crisis pregnancies I know there are phone lines and some organisations, most are pro-life thankGod. Abortion is wrong but those people that are suppose to be preventing women going to england for abortion don't do much to prevent them. What are they actually doing? I just see them standing outside those reproduction choice places and looking at the poor women going in and out of them. If they want to prevent them and see how they could have their baby they would acutally reach out to the women to let them know someone is there for them. What good is a rally going to do? Really.

Why don't they go in to the communities and places where they will find affected by poverty, deprivation and addictions and the welfare offices and the colleges. THey obviously don't live in the real world, many of them have it cushy with family and support around them how would they know what it's like to be alone with nothing and have no one in a situation like that. If they did they would do those things.

I know a few women who had abortions and they are still traumatised and one of the women took it very badly that after, she wanted to have a baby again and tried sleeping with different men, it really took over her she took her own life a few months later. She was not a young teenager she was in her late 20s. Its very sad and makes me very very angry the way how there is not much help for women. I didn't hear of any support group for women here either affected by this

Hi teaandtoast,

There is a long thread on abortion in The Ladies Lounge.

You can join in there without the usual AHs replies which might not be quite what you were expecting.:)

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement