Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of cars annoy you & why?

Options
  • 03-07-2011 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

Mods - you can move this to the Motors section if you like, but it's not really a motoring question, as if can affect non-drivers too. So hopefully it'll stay in AH (as it's meant to be a bit of craic too).

For me, it's;

- Nissan Micras (ugly, always driving at 2 mph, always in the way)

- Mayo Reg cars (I think the MO stands for "Move Over")

- Donegal Reg cars ( the opposite of MO reg cars... always driving too fast in innapropriate places).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Boy racer type cars: huge, loud exhausts, amusement arcade type dance music blasting from the stereo, stupid looking rims etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

Those stupid looking Nissan Figaros. Who would spend real money on them? Wouldn't buy one with Monopoly money :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Moved to Motors

I kid :p
    But it has to be those tiny little Smart cars. Iv seen prams with more room in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Boy racer type cars: huge, loud exhausts, amusement arcade type dance music blasting from the stereo, stupid looking rims etc.

They used to annoy me, just for the pure state of them, but they tend to be fairly careful road users. They spend so much time & money on their cars, they don't tend to do anything too mad as it might damage their paintwork or rims.

Generally, they just sit back & overtake whenever is safe, which is fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Nissan Micras.

And modified boy racer sh1t boxes. They are grotesque and pointless.

Opel Zafiras, Ford CMax, Renault Scenic... I would rather die than drive a people carrier. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Toyota Yaris!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

alan carr

Toyota Yaris!

The evil twin sister of the Nissan Micra!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Nissan Micra's - Only driven by people who can't drive, I've overtaken one in a tractor ffs!

BMW - You just have to stay a bit away from them because the driver has no regard for anyone else.

Fiat Multipla - The ugliest car I've ever seen. They're like a stupid looking Suzuki Jimni with a unibrow for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

- Nissan Micras are horrible ugly little cars

- Crossover cars/MPVs - SUVs without the luxury, off-road capability or powerful engines.

- Tastelessly modified VAG cars drive me up the wall. A VW Passat or Audi A4 should not have anything more than a lip spoiler or subtle body modifications lest they look rubbish.

- Poverty spec cars from premium marques like Audi, BMW or Mercedes. You're only fooling yourself if you think an Audi A4 with an asthmatic 1.6 engine, cloth seats and manually operated windows is a luxury car. The same goes for BMW and Mercedes.

- Beer can exhausts and Argos intakes installed on crappy little 1L hatchbacks.

• Advertisement

Nissan Micra's -I've overtaken one in a tractor ffs!

:D

They used to annoy me, just for the pure state of them, but they tend to be fairly careful road users. They spend so much time & money on their cars, they don't tend to do anything too mad as it might damage their paintwork or rims.

Generally, they just sit back & overtake whenever is safe, which is fine by me.

Ah no - the noise out of them is ridiculous! They also tend to tailgate a lot, in my experience.

Fiat Multipla - The ugliest car I've ever seen. They're like a stupid looking Suzuki Jimni with a unibrow for some reason.

Those yolks are hideous alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Fiat multipla and Nissan micra,the 2 ugliest contraptions ever to hit the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Any type of Fiat cars - they always look like they are about to fall apart.

Souped up boy racer cars are terrible also. All noise and no substance - a lot like a politican actually.

Ah no - the noise out of them is ridiculous! They also tend to tailgate a lot, in my experience.

They do tailgate, but at least they overtake when the opportunity presents itself... unlike those idiots who just form a line behind the other idiots forming a line behind the likes of a truck or slow moving car... none of whom have any inkling of overtaking or allowing anyone else behind them any space for doing so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Has to be the Nissan Micra, the Nissan Micra project ought to have been aborted early in the manufacturing stage.

Also, a car I have never seen in Ireland, but which I often saw in South Africa was something called a Materia. I dont even know who makes it, but here is an example. They had some serious driving issues as well.

http://www.carsplusplus.com/pictures/2007/70455/photo2.jpg

A quick tap on the brakes usually sorts that, just enough to put on the lights and not slow too much.

later10 wrote: »
    Also, a car I have never seen in Ireland, but which I often saw in South Africa was something called a Materia.
    http://www.carsplusplus.com/pictures/2007/70455/photo2.jpg

Holy fuck.

That's really all I can say right now. I'm speechless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Mini Coopers but moreso the princesses who drive them and fail to see why they should make room for anyone else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Its usually the drivers i dislike, I'd rather have a good driver in nissan micra than a bad one in a 5 series BMW.

later10 wrote: »
    Has to be the Nissan Micra, the Nissan Micra project manager aught to have been aborted early in the manufacturing stage.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

FYP
    Thats an interesting point. I never thought about it. I wonder what the moral arguments for and against abortion could be.... probably not something that many people have an opinion on...

Mini Coopers but moreso the princesses who drive them and fail to see why they should make room for anyone else

I know exactly what you mean.

The Cooper is the female motoring embodyment of that. Self important females, hair tied back to express a sense of busyness, large sunglasses to deflect / reflect the outside world / reality and a lot of make up to cover the flaws underneath.

A bit like the car itself.

It has a lot less under the hood than what it feigns to express by it's outer shell.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

OPs. The road? I own it. Get the funk out of my way!

Real answer: anything with rear seat drive (or passenger seat drive).

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Skodas...eugh :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Kia souls.... especially yellow kia souls.....
    and yellow cars in general

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Skodas...eugh :mad:
    Say what you will about Skoda but there's one thing you can't deny. The Octavia's boot is massive. It is a universe unto itself, constantly expanding.

Say what you will about Skoda but there's one thing you can't deny. The Octavia's boot is massive. It is a universe unto itself, constantly expanding.

I had an Octavia for a week while my car was in the garage (the garage loaned it to me).

It was MASSIVE. A big saloon job.. not the best looking car on the planet & I expected it to drive badly, being so big & all ... but it was surprisingly good..
    comfortable, good "lift off", steady on corners & apart from the inanely boring look & feel of it, you couldn't really say a bad thing about it.

And I wanted to.. believe me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

My one. It breaks down every friggin fortnite.

Advertisement