Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of cars annoy you & why?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

A Ford GT, because of it's price and the fact that I would love one. That and a 1938 Buggati Veyron roadster plus an arms length list of other rare cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭louise5754

Nissan Micra.................Convertible :eek:
    Also hate when people drive huge cars that has loads of power at 20mph. What a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

mandrake04 wrote: »
    ^ Obviously a Mirca owner

How wrong you are you poor fool. I have a fine, powerful, high end company car - Audi A7, 3.0 Tdi, 245 Bhp quattro. I'll send you pics if you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

How wrong you are you poor fool. I have a fine, powerful, high end company car - Audi A7, 3.0 Tdi, 245 Bhp quattro. I'll send you pics if you want?

Of your little penis?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭numbnutz

Range Rovers with low profile tyres....you utter utter numpty!!!
    Any 4x4 with low profile tyres really ...WTF!!
    Pajeros...mostly the d1cks driving them to be honest
    Glanzas....with your glanza trance blaring at terminal volume driving with your gangster lean on and your poxy baseball cap slightly tilted whilst picking your nose with your soveriegn ring clad mits....aaaargh!!!
    Alfa Romeo 156...face it you only bought it so you could meet a mechanic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭dilbert2

Muppet mobiles, usually something like an early 90s Honda civic, overdone in nearly every way on the outside with spray paints, car shop ornamentation etc….often found with windows down with techno music blaring at full volume.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Toyota Glanza's I would love to see dozens of them lined up preferably with their scummy drivers forced to watch and then a big tank and track over them like poor old Mr. Bean's little mini.

^Now imagine a Glanza and hoody wearing scummer instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

certain bmw drivers for the mentioned reasons previously stated.

in my college there was always a lad who would park in the middle of two spaces so no one would open the door on his car.

2 of my friends got their car and parked at either side and left less that a foot gap on either side

seeing his face was priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Sure any muppet could post pictures of that

is as easy as

http://pictures.autotrader.ie/servlet/media?xwm=y&id=11718837&width=400&height=300

Sure here is my little weekend runaround mainly only use it for nipping down to the beach these days.

http://www.threespeech.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/GT93.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

mickob16 wrote: »
    I wonder is the anti-BMW Audi Merc feeling here just a case of the green-eyed monster???
    I'd say your on to something there micko.

Probably horrifed at the 'lunatics' in the beamers passing them out while they do 60km/hr in their 80 bhp corrola jap scrap.

I think the reason you'll find this perception also is that the people who buy those cars would be keener and more progressive drivers and so buy drivers cars. This progressiveness is often mistaken for aggressiveness on the road, whereas in other countries it would be considered normal. The only problem is here you're a lunatic for wanting to drive at the speed limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Honda Accords because I have one, I waited and saved for years, drove an old Charisma for years that looked like a turd with wheels. I love the Accord but now that I have one I see how common they are! Every other person in the country seems to drive one. I thought I was special damn it! So it's the car when I see someone driving one I get annoyed.

Ohhh an obvious one. Hummer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

Audi's and VW golf TDis any time theres a car up my hole its bound to be one of these.

All the skangers are in daysuls these days would ya be well paying 6k for a 01 tdi A4 with a bodykit?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Being honest I'm surprised there isn't a lot more BMW bashing going on it here. I would have thought a thread like this would be a playground for BMW haters.

They seem to be picking on the Audi drivers.

I've two Audis. :/ (A6 Estate and S4 Conv.)

Smart Car. For the ridiculously high price, and astonishingly poor fuel economy. The small size and ease of parking is pointless here in California.

Toyota Prius. "Look at me, I'm saving the environment." If you must buy a hybrid, there's better out there. And, fortunately, the State's laws have recently relaxed so we can buy (gasp) diesels.

I add to the Fiat Multipla chorus. And, from my side of the pont, might I suggest the Pontiac Aztek? America's version of Multipla.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Honda integra drivers are always in a hurry or just have a need to speed.
    Civics, subaru impreza typical boy racer car with fcuk of exhausts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭pcardin

:(

I also hate the mercs, bmw's, lexus's, and all similar types, because they believe themselves to be the most important people on the road, and like to bully everyone and show them just who's boss.

so you hate everyone who has a better car than yourself? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I hate anything that has a blue light underneath it

let me guess, commercial in black with black tinted windows no back seats and massive bank loan that you are barely struggling to repay?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Azureus wrote: »
    I hate anything that has a blue light underneath it

Are they the windows with the lady boys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

3 Series BMW's: They're usually driven by dickheads
    Kia/Daewoo/Chevrolet: Anyone that has one of those tin cans doesn't know how to drive; if they did they wouldn't have bought one of those pieces of junk
    Range Rover Sports: You're driving a Discovery mate, if you're going to buy a Range Rover buy a proper one.
    BMW X3; lol
    BMW X6; lol

TheZohan wrote: »
    Range Rover Sports: You're driving a Discovery mate, if you're going to buy a Range Rover buy a proper one.

I thought that Sports was the proper one and Vogue was a retarted version of Discovery. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

pcardin wrote: »
    I thought that Sports was the proper one and Vogue was a retarted version of Discovery. :confused:

Nah, it's the other way around. The Vogue is the big daddy, around €140k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Look whos talking

Ford Ka's ..... they are like the ants of the road...you just don't know where they come from and they travel in packs ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Most middle of the road Nissans - Primera, Almera etc. Usually vomit green soulless shít boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I dont really have a hatred for any car just crappily modded cars.....for anyone that love in and around tallaght theres a chinese dude with a 1.3 lancer that has a spoiler on top of a spoiler and a clip on exhaust with lights:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

I dislike any 3 door Car whether it a micra, or a sportscar. I like big manly car's that ooze sex appeal like a jag or a merc. something that guzzles petrol and stinks up the air. it says to me wow this guy is loaded.

Funny, that says to me: rich wan&er who couldn't give a sh1t about our planet. That's a big turn-OFF to me.
    Give me a poor flâneur or cyclist with a heart of gold who cares about his impact on the world and those around him any day. :p
    That's far more sexually appealing to me.

Just from a purely aesthetic point of view I do think Jags look great though. I like the big old Audi's too. I have a friend of mine who converted his to run on pure vegetable oil. It runs fine and saves him a packet but can smell like a chippy sometimes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

anyone with a go faster louder exhaust, whose car doesnt have about 200bhp before they fitted the exhaust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

These cars are eveywhere. All have a 1991 reg too?

http://www.algysautos.com/images/nissan-figaro.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

TheZohan wrote: »
    Kia/Daewoo/Chevrolet: Anyone that has one of those tin cans doesn't know how to drive; if they did they wouldn't have bought one of those pieces of junk

or

The poor bastards have been given it at the car hire desk at the airport and now they're desperately trying to thrash a little life out of the pos.

I had a "chevy aveo" for a week once and would have quite happily pushed it over a cliff if i didnt think they'd just give me another.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I like big manly car's that ooze sex appeal like a jag or a merc. something that guzzles petrol and stinks up the air. it says to me wow this guy is loaded.

I like you , please stick around here
    Nolanger wrote: »
    These cars are eveywhere. All have a 1991 reg too?

http://www.algysautos.com/images/nissan-figaro.jpg

i intend to blow those all up , drivers included some day, just need to wait for that other lad to start his own country and give me diplomatic immunity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Greentopia wrote: »
    Funny, that says to me: rich wan&er who couldn't give a sh1t about our planet.

pfft , moneys no use to you when your dead, may aswell spend it now on big polluting cars while you can , also chances are the planet will still outlive all those rich lads anyway so after your dead , who cares if the planet goes to sh*t

Advertisement