Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of cars annoy you & why?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

WindSock wrote: »
    My one. It breaks down every friggin fortnite.

They're the worst of the worst.

I used to have a car where i had to leave the window open climb through through it to get into the drivers seat because all the locks on the doors had rusted & the cylinders had fallen out.

It looked good on the Dukes of Hazard (jumping into the car through the window) but in practice, it was shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I had an Octavia for a week while my car was in the garage (the garage loaned it to me).

It was MASSIVE. A big saloon job.. not the best looking car on the planet & I expected it to drive badly, being so big & all ... but it was surprisingly good..
    comfortable, good "lift off", steady on corners & apart from the inanely boring look & feel of it, you couldn't really say a bad thing about it.

And I wanted to.. believe me!
    Must've been a TDi. Infinite torque and infinite MPG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Must've been a TDi. Infinite torque and infinite MPG.

It was!! Seriously fast when you wanted it to be & really easy on the gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I don't understand people's hatred for Nissan Micras. You'd be hard pressed to find a less offensive or pretentious car. I still regularly see 20-year-old Micras around (far more so than any other car), so they must be pretty reliable too.

Pretentious cars annoy me. Particularly those horrible crossover SUV things, like the Nissan Juke. There are a lot of ugly, bulbous cars around nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

For me, it's;

- Nissan Micras (ugly, always driving at 2 mph, always in the way)

:(

I have a micra.
    I am not ugly, and have serious issues around staying at or below the speed limit.

I hate any souped up boy racer car, because they think they're shmad, when in reality they are just show offy gobsh1tes.

I also hate the mercs, bmw's, lexus's, and all similar types, because they believe themselves to be the most important people on the road, and like to bully everyone and show them just who's boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭kazzdee

RayM wrote: »
    Pretentious cars annoy me. Particularly those horrible crossover SUV things, like the Nissan Juke. There are a lot of ugly, bulbous cars around nowadays.

What about the Porche Jeep.. What a waste, a porche is a sports car goddammit! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Lorri_L wrote: »
    Those stupid looking Nissan Figaros. Who would spend real money on them? Wouldn't buy one with Monopoly money :mad:

Fooking hate them..A lady in my apartment complex has one and i swear to God she manages to take up 3 parking spaces in it...I am not sure how she does it but she does!!!...Tis a skill in itself!!..Ugly Ugly car aswell..Can not understand how anyone would spend good cash on one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Can't understand people who own 4wd cars when they'll never have a reason to go off road. In fact any jeep/pickup that runs on petrol and doesn't have a towbar should be taken off the road.

I have the same experience with boy racers every day, sitting beside me in traffic revving their engines, twats. I just twist the throttle and leave them for dead, bikes are great!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

renault clio, i had one years ago that brought me a world of pain- never again... boy racer cars, cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

later10 wrote: »
    Has to be the Nissan Micra, the Nissan Micra project ought to have been aborted early in the manufacturing stage.

Also, a car I have never seen in Ireland, but which I often saw in South Africa was something called a Materia. I dont even know who makes it, but here is an example. They had some serious driving issues as well.

http://www.carsplusplus.com/pictures/2007/70455/photo2.jpg
    Theres an orange one of these making its way around cork.
    and a black or silver one around carrigtwohill it was painful seeing it every day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Has to be the Nissan Micra, the Nissan Micra project ought to have been aborted early in the manufacturing stage.

Also, a car I have never seen in Ireland, but which I often saw in South Africa was something called a Materia. I dont even know who makes it, but here is an example. They had some serious driving issues as well.

HEY!!!!! They copied my drawing of a car in baby infants. I knew I should have a copywrite on it

For me it is the new golf. I test-drove a 1.6 diesel the other day and I swear to god I have more get up and go on a Sunday morning after a feed of drinks than it does. Ridiculously expensive, completely overrated and featureless pieces of crap. ( I drive a 03 golf at the mo which I love but was very disappointed in the new one)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

stacexD wrote: »
    Theres an orange one of these making its way around cork.
    and a black or silver one around carrigtwohill it was painful seeing it every day

I've seen the black one in The city - nearly rear-ended whilst gawping at it. Can't believe no one said avensis. I drive one and hate it but can't afford to change it at the moment cos of the low trade in price I'm being offered :(

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

For me it has to be those bloody obnoxoius Range Rovers. They were the perfect example of celtic tiger excess and snobbery. Just about anyone who drives on is a cun.t.

Its 4x4 jeep, and your driving it in the city, taking up half the road and drinking way too much petrol you gobshiites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Mods - you can move this to the Motors section if you like, but it's not really a motoring question, as if can affect non-drivers too. So hopefully it'll stay in AH (as it's meant to be a bit of craic too).

For me, it's;

- Nissan Micras (ugly, always driving at 2 mph, always in the way)

- Mayo Reg cars (I think the MO stands for "Move Over")

- Donegal Reg cars ( the opposite of MO reg cars... always driving too fast in innapropriate places).

Same, nissan micras/ford kas, why the **** do people buy these cars new, im conveinced its because they cant afford a proper car but still want a car with a new reg. Saw an auld fella the other day in a 11 reg ka, he looked like a cnut. This is my baby http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055602635&page=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

What type of cars annoy you & why?

Seat Leons. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

cruiser178 wrote: »
    Same, nissan micras/ford kas, why the **** do people buy these cars new, im conveinced its because they cant afford a proper car but still want a car with a new reg. Saw an auld fella the other day in a 11 reg ka, he looked like a cnut. This is my baby http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055602635&page=3

Having a "magic tree" air freshner says volumes about a person
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=81720357525

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Another one to add to the ugly list of Micras, Fiat Tulpos etc is that hideous Skoda Yeti. A box on wheels and pretty bad for a new model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭freighter

I hate LM reg cars because none of them can drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

- Donegal Reg cars ( the opposite of MO reg cars... always driving too fast in innapropriate places).

Whoa down boy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

"styling with a distinctive presence" they say, cheeky f*ckers http://www.daihatsu.com/catalogue/materia/index.html

• Advertisement

four18 wrote: »
    Having a "magic tree" air freshner says volumes about a person
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=81720357525

jesus christ you picked a facebook group with 21 members to get a bit of a laugh..you must be a riot at party's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Micras and Yaris,when I see one in the distance I groan and prepare to slow to 30mph as they don't move any faster and seem to be magnetically attracted to the middle of the road.:mad:

I hate sh!tebox cars with pointless modifications,I've no problem with good cars owned by young lads but when I see some yahoo in a Saxo or piece of crap with a loud exhaust and half of Halfords hanging off it it makes me mad.

Also agree with previous posts on people in cities driving massive 4x4's,WHY?!!!
    It was gas watching them sliding around the streets during the snow as their owners didn't know how to turn on the 4 wheel drive.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Toyota Prius, old 20v Corollas, Starlets, VW Passats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

I hate the hippie/crusty vans all painted up... they are like a parody of themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Ramsay

Fiat Multiplas the old Ford Focus and Hyundai accents. Horrible cars!

zero19 wrote: »
    Toyota Prius, old 20v Corollas, Starlets, VW Passats.

in fairness the passat is a nice car but every scum bag has one, with the big alloys and shít loads of plastic looking chrome around the lights, what do be wrong with people..nice car to drive too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

SUVs. They make little enough sense in America, with endless straight roads and petrol that costs less than four dollars a gallon; transplant them to a country with petrol that's double the price and you might as well hang a sign around your neck that reads MUG.

BMWs as well, as about 80+% of the obnoxious things I see drivers doing on my cycle into work (overtaking too close, going through a red light, sitting in the cycle lane waiting to turn, cutting in front) seems to be done by BMW drivers. Not too bad, though, as plenty of BMW drivers are sensible people and not idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Any boy-racer who deems it a great idea to remove the silencer from his exhaust and drive with an excessive RPM down the road outside my bedroom window.

And just boy-racers (I'm aware they're not a car) in general, the annoying, obnoxious, 21-year-old wannabe twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

SUVs. They make little enough sense in America, with endless straight roads and petrol that costs less than four dollars a gallon; transplant them to a country with petrol that's double the price and you might as well hang a sign around your neck that reads MUG.

BMWs as well, as about 80+% of the obnoxious things I see drivers doing on my cycle into work (overtaking too close, going through a red light, sitting in the cycle lane waiting to turn, cutting in front) seems to be done by BMW drivers. Not too bad, though, as plenty of BMW drivers are sensible people and not idiots.

Audi drivers are now challenging BMW drivers for knobs of the road in my experience... which bring me to you first point the Audi Q7. What a horrible, vulgar car, it's clearly designed to appeal to the American market. I've yet to come across one that wasn't driven by a complete cnut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Ramsay

jumpguy wrote: »
    Any boy-racer who deems it a great idea to remove the silencer from his exhaust and drive with an excessive RPM down the road outside my bedroom window.

And just boy-racers (I'm aware they're not a car) in general, the annoying, obnoxious, 21-year-old wannabe twats.

Especially those Glanzas, Such a horrible car, you should of seen this skanger in Howth Harbour trying to sell the thing for over 2 grand.

Piece of junk!

Advertisement