Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of cars annoy you & why?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

used to HATE the fiat chinquachento (god knows how u spell that!). fupping ugly car. spech the yellow one with the red seatbelts. my aunt had one :eek: was ashamed to be seen in the thing.

ford ka is a well ugly butted car. i mean ffs why would you wanna drive something like that.

there are too many

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭purity

Hands down the ugliest car is the FIAT DOBLO! yok what were they thinking making it.
    I refuse to buy anything nissan until I reach 60, and they happen to be the cars that drive me mad because you'll never see a nissan driver to the speed limit.
    Boy racers also drive me crackers idiots,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Ramsay

hdowney wrote: »
    used to HATE the fiat chinquachento (god knows how u spell that!). fupping ugly car. spech the yellow one with the red seatbelts. my aunt had one :eek: was ashamed to be seen in the thing.

ford ka is a well ugly butted car. i mean ffs why would you wanna drive something like that.

there are too many

They are both great cars! ......... for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ICE HOUSE

Nissan Note

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Micras usually theres confused old biddys driving very slowly and in the middle of the road with them.

Space wagons,usually one child in the back,parks anywhere doesn't matter if it holds up traffic..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

jumpguy wrote: »
    Any boy-racer who deems it a great idea to remove the silencer from his exhaust and drive with an excessive RPM down the road outside my bedroom window.

And just boy-racers (I'm aware they're not a car) in general, the annoying, obnoxious, 21-year-old wannabe twats.

YES! I live in Arklow, need I say more :(
    I detest those little scrotes in their souped up cars. They made my life misery for the first few years I lived here because I lived on the Main St where they'd roar up and down the street stereos blazing all hours of day and night.

One good thing about the recession is that many of them lost their jobs on the building sites and therefore can't now afford the huge insurance on their Civics so have been forced off the road. The difference it makes in the amount of peace and quiet of the town is amazing.

Other cars I hate are pretty much all 4x4's (except Land Rovers). Gas guzzlers whose nouveau riche celtic tiger owners are for the most part self-centered twats with zero concern about emissions or other road users.

The only people who need to have 4x4's are either people living in the country or someone like my friend who has a battered old Land Rover in town but has 7 kids so needs it to ferry them around.

Also, never met a BMW driver I liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

ah yes Honda Civics. couple years ago they released a fancy new model that was supposed to take them away from their boy racer car persona! HA.

a Civic will always be known as a boy racer car to me newho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

ah yes Honda Civics. couple years ago they released a fancy new model that was supposed to take them away from their boy racer car persona! HA.

Whats that toyota model that's very popular,from the early 80s,alot of them being driven hard and wrapped around trees :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Whats that toyota model that's very popular,from the early 80s,alot of them being driven hard and wrapped around trees :mad:

Starlet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Audi Q7 yoke. automatic transmission only and the people who drive them can't really drive at all. that and it being a big ugly baeshtard of a beast

• Advertisement

A junkie tried to sell me a car years ago ,it was a toyota starlet, he was calling it a toyota civic.

'heor di ye wanna buy dis toyota civic buuudd'

I declined.I told him there was no such thing and he then said

'ar you saying i'm lyin?'

he then stopped and kinda floated for a bit then started mumbling some rubbish, so I walked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,066 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

A 1997 Corolla, specifically the one driven by a middle-aged woman with fat hair in Listowel yesterday evening. They're doing some work on the town bridge, and traffic lights have been set up.

I think everybody at the three lots of traffic-lights must have heard sirens, and realised that something was going to appear from some direction, but not the woman in the Toyota, who just started to drive over the bridge when the fire-engine approached her at high speed from the other side.

Instead of reversing, she just sat there like a dick for what seemed like a lifetime, until she finally decided to reverse at a snail's pace, so the fire engine could get through. Some poor bastard probably burned to death because of her.:(

We then had the pleasure of following her through the town at 15 miles per hour, and nothing in front of her.

Daegerty wrote: »
    Audi Q7 yoke. automatic transmission only and the people who drive them can't really drive at all. that and it being a big ugly baeshtard of a beast

The wheel base is to long on them things ,plus there a pile of shíte just like the BMW X5, if the last few years has thought us anything about BMW and Audi, it's that they're a very unreliable and crappy built cars.Not built the way they used to be.I personally will not buy another Audi, been stung with that one twice now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Ssangyong Rexton. Looks like it was glassed in a pub fight and then stiched back together by a blind man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Suburus/ Scooby Doos - Driven by "rally enthusiasts" (Boy and man racers) who drive like they are in a rally all the time.

4 x 4's - Planet killing off road vehicles on urban streets WTF!!!!!

BMW's - Always act like idiots. No idea why.

My Car.- Its a heap of sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Daegerty wrote: »

Heard a guy on the radio one day talking about one he'd seen driving around with English plates that read 7TK

Talk about showing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I dunno if it has been mentioned but yellow cars annoy me.

It doesn't matter what make the car is, you're gonna look like a dip**** in a yellow car.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

there are too many

Haven't seen a C**t-to-get-into in a while! A friend used have one, she got some slagging over it. I used call it the lucky bag car and any time she'd mention it was going to the mechanics I'd ask her if someone had stepped on it again! She'd get very wound up, ah bless her cotton socks :D

As for a car that annoys me - my own at the moment...grumble grumble...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,066 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

A junkie tried to sell me a car years ago ,it was a toyota starlet, he was calling it a toyota civic.

'heor di ye wanna buy dis toyota civic buuudd'

I declined.I told him there was no such thing and he then said

'ar you saying i'm lyin?'

he then stopped and kinda floated for a bit then started mumbling some rubbish, so I walked on.

It was probably something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

cruiser178 wrote: »
    Same, nissan micras/ford kas, why the **** do people buy these cars new, im conveinced its because they cant afford a proper car but still want a car with a new reg. Saw an auld fella the other day in a 11 reg ka, he looked like a cnut. This is my baby http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055602635&page=3

bit harsh. With new a vehicle you have lower running costs & should be guaranteed a few years without any major parts failing. Add to that reduction in cost recently due of offers/scrappage scheme.

All this would have made it a good deal for those who really only need a small car & had the cash in the last year or two to consider a new one [as opposed to a larger second hand car of same upfront price that costs more to run].

EDIT - I am not the owner of a new small car and dislike the Ford Ka :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

Toyota Yaris! They always seems to be driven by little old ladies who pull out in front of you without looking and drive at 10kmph!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

Fiat Multipa. I swear it's the ugliest tpye of car I've ever seen. The front makes it seem as if the car has a tumor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

BMW - You just have to stay a bit away from them because the driver has no regard for anyone else.
    :(
    I also hate the mercs, bmw's, lexus's, and all similar types, because they believe themselves to be the most important people on the road, and like to bully everyone and show them just who's boss.
    BMWs as well, as about 80+% of the obnoxious things I see drivers doing on my cycle into work (overtaking too close, going through a red light, sitting in the cycle lane waiting to turn, cutting in front) seems to be done by BMW drivers. Not too bad, though, as plenty of BMW drivers are sensible people and not idiots.
    Audi drivers are now challenging BMW drivers for knobs of the road in my experience...
    Greentopia wrote: »
    Also, never met a BMW driver I liked.
    BMW's - Always act like idiots. No idea why.

LOL :p

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

I wonder is the anti-BMW Audi Merc feeling here just a case of the green-eyed monster???

I've found that you can get arseholes driving just about any make of car.Its not the car that's the problem but the tool driving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

The ssanyong rodius has to be the worst looking thing out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Kojak wrote: »
    Any type of Fiat cars - they always look like they are about to fall apart.

Souped up boy racer cars are terrible also. All noise and no substance - a lot like a politican actually.

I had a fiat punto sporting 01 never had any trouble with had a 6 speed gear box 6.1 suround sound was economical and never had any trouble with it

I also had a civic Vti the square shaped one 91 and i could of been considered a boy racer a times doesnt mean i was one did'nt act the cvnt to much in it only when i was over taking and then i couldnt help it if after 5800 rpm the thing decided to make more noise...
    Suburus/ Scooby Doos - Driven by "rally enthusiasts" (Boy and man racers) who drive like they are in a rally all the time.

had the pleasure of useing them on multible ocasions... Sti one not those wrx or all wheel drive turbos...

They had good brakes nice to drive yeah they mak a bit of noise but thats partly due to the manifold... when there fitted with an after market exhaust....

But genrally "boy racer/ car enthusiast's) who are into affordable high powered cars

have better brakes, better tyers better road awarenes (at times) then idiot plonking along in there day to day machines why because the likes of pot holes... when you bye a car and then pump maybe another 5 k in to after market parts more then likely alloys tyers, suspension brakes the thing becomes a walking sink hole for money and the ones that take real pride, in the cars dont act the prick its the idoits with 1.3 civics astras (the ones that look really really cheep and nackerey ) who make more noise then anythign else trying to excerise there manlyness..

granted if you have a fast car you are going to use it at some point but i always felt that there was a massive difference....

but sure whats the difference in some one driveing and m5 flat out down the moter way tailgating every one and a modified car doing the same

absaloutly nothing... road users in genrall are all idiots

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

mars bar wrote: »
    I dunno if it has been mentioned but yellow cars annoy me.

It doesn't matter what make the car is, you're gonna look like a dip**** in a yellow car.

Mr Bean has a yellow car,
    I think his first name is Les ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

argosy2006 wrote: »
    Mr Bean has a yellow car,
    I think his first name is Les ?

mr bean was a cvnt :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

WTF is this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Lorri_L wrote: »
    Those stupid looking Nissan Figaros.
    KeithM89 wrote: »
    But it has to be those tiny little Smart cars.
    Mini Coopers
    The people who drive all of the above normally fall into 1 group - uneducated, under 30, female, bought with daddys money, cant drive for sh*t
    baztard wrote: »
    For me it has to be those bloody obnoxoius Range Rovers. They were the perfect example of celtic tiger excess and snobbery. Just about anyone who drives on is a cun.t.

Its 4x4 jeep, and your driving it in the city, taking up half the road and drinking way too much petrol you gobshiites.
    the main reason people drive them is for that exact reaction from the plebs , theyre great except for reliability
    four18 wrote: »
    Having a "magic tree" air freshner says volumes about a person
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=81720357525
    you leave the magic tree company alone, I keep them in business and can drive perfectly fast...
    SUVs. They make little enough sense in America, with endless straight roads and petrol that costs less than four dollars a gallon; transplant them to a country with petrol that's double the price and you might as well hang a sign around your neck that reads MUG.
    :D but theyre so wonderfully intimidating and fun to drive, and at the end of the day its just there to prove your better than everyone else who doesnt drive one :cool:

Advertisement