Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of cars annoy you & why?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

Superbus wrote: »
    WTF is this?

file name is Nissan-march_k11_bolero-front.jpg :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

I hate the Nissan Qashqai, it's not the car itself, because I actually like it, its just that it has become far too common and cheap to be considered a nice Crossover.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    I hate the Nissan Qashqai, it's not the car itself, because I actually like it, its just that it has become far too common and cheap to be considered a nice Crossover.

no such thing

• Registered Users Posts: 24,066 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I've yet to see a person who isn't a complete twat, step out of a stretched American limo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Has to be Nissan Micra. Horrible car :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Chrysler Cruiser. UGH!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Audi A4's and BMW 3 and 5 series,the newer models that is,it seems like everybody got redundancy and got another hire purchase with the amount of these going around

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

hdowney wrote: »
    used to HATE the fiat chinquachento (god knows how u spell that!). fupping ugly car. spech the yellow one with the red seatbelts. my aunt had one :eek: was ashamed to be seen in the thing.

you clearly haven't driven one,more fun than tits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Toyota Corollas and by extraction Toyota Avensis.

Corollas for driving at about half the speed limit when it's impossible to overtake and then at it or just above it so noone can overtake them when it would be otherwise safe to do so. Also for being the most unimaginative purchase you can possibly make on a car.

Avensis for people who have more money than Corolla drivers but not more imagination.

Possibly the Opel Corsa for similar reasons.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Idiots who put a full body kit and massive exhaust on the likes of an opel corsa. I don't see the point of doing that to cars who wouldn't beat a cyclist off the lights. I've no problem with actual sports cars like Nissan 200sx, Skyline etc at least they have a bit of power, but if you're driving an economical hatchback and trying to make it look like sports car all you're doing is making yourself look like an idiot to anyone who knows anything about cars and probably to anyone in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Anything with a taxi sign on the top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Opel Zafiras, cheap piles of crap, everywhere, generally driven by clowns woth can't drive. and will ding the car next to them in a car park.

Ssangyong Rodius proof that blind people do buy and drive cars.

Chrysler Grand Voyager steaming pile of turd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Micra's - Always slow old people driving them, they look hideous.

Daewoo Lanos - Look like boiled shíte and age terribly.

Audi's - Nothing says "I hope to make my cock bigger" by buying a dull and boring Audi.

VAG in General - A sudden Irish spurge in them, belting out black smoke from their chipped tractor engines, usually with rep alloys, no springs and a roll of wallpaper for a visor. There's no variety in them, they all look the exact same (boring). I see them in Dublin now and before I see the back of it I know it'll have a yellow RN or DL reg, usually driven by some muppet from Coolock (not slating the area, I live there) because his mate has one so off he jumps straight onto donedeal.

Badly modified Jap cars - I'm not a fan of Jap cars at all but I'll appreciate someone who clearly looks after theirs. The one's I'm talking about are 1.4 Civics with body kits screwed onto them, with 17 inch wolfrace Katana's and ironing board spoilers, usually driven by a peanut head with a luminous tracksuit.

Excuse my rant, I dont mind variety in any cars but the "follow the sheep" herd annoy me and they happen to be most prominent in VAG's and Jap cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Micra's - Always slow old people driving them, they look hideous.

Daewoo Lanos - Look like boiled shíte and age terribly.

Audi's - Nothing says "I hope to make my cock bigger" by buying a dull and boring Audi.

VAG in General - A sudden Irish spurge in them, belting out black smoke from their chipped tractor engines, usually with rep alloys, no springs and a roll of wallpaper for a visor. There's no variety in them, they all look the exact same (boring). I see them in Dublin now and before I see the back of it I know it'll have a yellow RN or DL reg, usually driven by some muppet from Coolock (not slating the area, I live there) because his mate has one so off he jumps straight onto donedeal.

I loved driving the A4, beautiful car to drive, but a needy cnut of a car ,always fcuking breaking down, coils blown after 5k and every 5k after that.Engine managment light coming on for no fcuking reason and the car goes into "limp" mode to protect the engine.Every time something happens it costs an arm and a leg to repair.

I thought the first one I had was probably a bad car ,but when the same shít happened with the second one, I knew they were a pile of crap.I can only speak from experience with the petrol version not the diesel version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Fiat mulipla is the most ugly car ever made.

Nissan duke is a close second, it looks like and retarded frog.

Nissan Cube, seen one of these in swords a few weeks back, what a **** looking car....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Any car that has a taxi plate on top. B*stards think they own the road, We pay our road tax too!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kearney13

Nissan Dukes there horrible and everywhere lately and a Fiat Coupe one one the ugliest cars I have ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I've learned to not judge people by what they drive, I was always awful quick to make assumptions about people based on their wheels but in 99% of cases i'd be 100% wrong.

However with Micras I stay well back as you know something crazy is going to happen infront of you anytime soon. Where as most drivers are the exception to the rule in their choice of cars, its the other way round with Micras, only a very small majority of their owners know how to drive properly.

And Glanzas, why on earth would anyone aspire to own a shítball like that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

cruiser178 wrote: »
    jesus christ you picked a facebook group with 21 members to get a bit of a laugh..you must be a riot at party's :D

I dont show pictures of "My Baby" to complete strangers ! You would be a howl to sit beside in a waiting room..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I bought our first car there about a month ago. It's for the missus to get to and from work. By all accounts she's a good driver and hovers around the speed limit while on the motorway. The car in question....... is a 12 year old Nissan Micra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

KITT, why did they make such a cool car sound like a stoner C3PO!

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PennyLane88

Fiat puntos (from 98-04), rattly looking yolks

overly Modified cars, they look sh1te

Mayo and Offaly regs.

Baby on board signs - its not as if i'm gonna rear end the car in front if it didnt have a sign like that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Can't understand all the Micra hatred. They're a really succesful car.

Thet tidied up the look of the new micra.

I think it looks quite cute.

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201003/2010-nissan-micra-8_460x0w.jpg

Definately the Sangyong Rodious.

Rodius.

When those things are behind me I get the urge to speed up. They're sinister. One passed me with no driver in it one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Everybody gives out about so-called boy racers...well it's the driver that's the fool not the car. I drive what's considered a boy-racer car, two of them actually, both Civics and both modified. I find that a hell of a lot more people in standard, run-of-the-mill cars are much worse drivers than those of us who are stereotyped so wrongly every single day! I'll happily sit at 90/100kmhr on the M50 and watch all of you perfect drivers speeding past at 130/140 and then realise they think I'm the one breaking the rules :rolleyes:

Funny thing about modified car owners is our cars are a hell of a lot safer than yours! We splash out on safety...we don't want to crash our pride and joy and send thousands of Euro down the drain, so we buy better brakes and better tyres. I know I'll have a better chance of stopping in an emergency than anybody else out there, so I put up with the stereotyping :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

Kojak wrote: »
    Any type of Fiat cars - they always look like they are about to fall apart.

Souped up boy racer cars are terrible also. All noise and no substance - a lot like a politican actually.

Very harsh.What about the Fiat Coop?20v T.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭JimiWonderDoor 92

Its gotta be those ones that anally probe you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Have to agree with the general consensus with the Nissan Micra, although those Mazda 121 bubble cars would give them a run for the biggest waste of space.

Also those 1.1 fiesta with the big exhaust and alloy wheels, why not save up and buy a decent car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

stimpson wrote: »
    Ssangyong Rexton. Looks like it was glassed in a pub fight and then stiched back together by a blind man.

Ssangyong RECTUM. Driven by arseholes.
    Fiat Multipla (as mentioned earlier, I can't UN-see it.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

mars bar wrote: »
    I dunno if it has been mentioned but yellow cars annoy me.

It doesn't matter what make the car is, you're gonna look like a dip**** in a yellow car.

Very true. I've seen a very large man driving around in a tiny yellow car. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

The one car i cannot tolerate and i pity people who drive them are Chevrolet, I test drove one of these and they are the most boring car.

Coming in just behind it are the 05 VW passat. 05 in particular, bland, boring and depressing. but the 06 is fab looking, very modern and nothing like the 05.

Advertisement