Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of cars annoy you & why?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

I'm not a guy, and that is just vile!

Pfft, you have no taste :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Pfft, you have no taste :P

I'll have you know I have excellent taste! - I have a micra! ;)

annascott wrote: »
    Nissan Micra. I have yet to be behind one that didn't have a Miss Daisy driver. They don't even attempt to pull over to let normal drivers past.

Hi.
    Now you have (albeit virtually). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

Micra without a doubt. I own one and I can't like it no matter how hard I try. SO LITTLE POWER. I recently replaced my spark plugs thinking that there was something wrong, but my brother later explained that the only thing wrong with the car is the car.
    I take exception to the Miss Daisy comment though, I'm no Miss Daisy:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

purity wrote: »
    Hands down the ugliest car is the FIAT DOBLO! yok what were they thinking making it.
    I refuse to buy anything nissan until I reach 60, and they happen to be the cars that drive me mad because you'll never see a nissan driver to the speed limit.
    Boy racers also drive me crackers idiots,

Skylines, the new GTR, 350z, 370z, 180sx, 200sx. Nissan have plenty of performance cars. Also their SUVs would be reasonably powerful (i'm talking about navaras rather than crossovers like the qashquai or juke)
    Whats that toyota model that's very popular,from the early 80s,alot of them being driven hard and wrapped around trees mad.gif

Someone said starlet but maybe you mean the ae86 twincam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I have a problem with any car that is driving at a speed that is absurdly lower than the speed limit given.

Fiats, Daewoo's, Kia's, most skodas (Fabia's etc). I think the Renault scrappage scheme saw a massive influx of them on the road, and I think they're common as muck now. I'm not a Honda fan. Then theres the Micra's, Fiestas, Yaris, Auris, C3's, Polo's and Suzuki Jimny. Most women that drive a Cooper treat it like their make-up or clothes .. an "OMG.. must have", and can't drive for shite.

I hate people carriers. I hate anything that isn't used on farm land that was orginally designed for, by obnoxious cunts. I hate seeing women driving Impreza's because I don't think they appreciate them, or guys that gawk out their window learing at women from them. It's a car to be appreciated and loved. Most Nissans, you can't pass a school without them being there in their droves. Rarely with a D reg either, and normally causing havoc / damaging whatever they park near. One of my biggest hates is the Fiat Cunto though. Little dirt birds.

It might have been a shorter question to ask what I do like >_>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Abi wrote: »
    It might have been a shorter question to ask what I do like >_>
    What do you like?

What do you like?

Doggy style.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I hate seeing women driving Impreza's because I don't think they appreciate them.......... It's a car to be appreciated and loved.

But - you're a girl :eek:

I dislike anything that's supposed to "look fast" like coupes. Just because you own a stretched out version of a car doesn't mean you own a sports car.

I also dont like those drivers who think that because their car is ABLE to reach a decent speed, they automatically should sit in the outside lane all the way down the N7, whether or not they are overtaking.

Otherwise it's usually the driver who bug me not their cars. It's not the car who decides to use the wrong lane on the N7 naas roundabout despite signs and road markings. Not the car who sits in the outside lane going 80km then flashes you when you're forced to undertake. I HATE other drivers. >:(

Whispered wrote: »
    But - you're a girl :eek:

I'm different ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

The type of cars that annoy me are the ones that have smoke constantly coming out of the exhaust.

Why, they make me feel sick driving behind them and they contribute heavily to pollution.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Nope. More like a Harry Potter trim.
    That speccy nerd? What a loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I hate seeing women driving Impreza's because I don't think they appreciate them, or guys that gawk out their window learing at women from them. It's a car to be appreciated and loved.

It's a car for scrots, unless you are actively using it for rallying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

You mean like this
    http://leivaautomotoressrl.com/images/isuzu_d-max.jpg
    I preffer to call them right lane intimidators , everyone moves out of your way

That's them. What's the point of them in a place like Dublin?

Soccer mom cars.

Jeeps belonging to people who don't live up a dirt track.

Convertibles in Ireland.

Basically anything that is suited to circumstances which the driver is not in. And living in Howth I see so many that there's no point in naming specific models, I'd be here all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

Soft roaders. All the downsides of a land rover driven on a road with none of the off road capabilities. Most likely to say "I like being up high and feel safe (in the knowledge that in a crash, I'd win)".

Crossovers. Cars that look resprayed after being NCAP tested into a wall. People who drive these cash cows, sorry qasquais, want to stand out even though for their money they get a spongy, bad handling, un-aerodynamic car that is hideously offensive to anyone with a modicum of taste.

People carriers, especially when the owner decided the absolute necessity to trade the hatchback for a 7 seater upon the birth of their 3kg infant. Their logic is clearly twisted.

Cars that are variants of a regular model but when the manufacturer puts chunky tyres, unpainted bumpers and a roof rack on it, they call it an urban cruiser or some other such plebeian name.

I like well designed cars that can also be practical spacious and economic. There is a decent well designed car across all ranges, so anyone who drives a hideous ugotron has no excuse and must endure the wrath of people who are offended by their horrific taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

stovelid wrote: »
    You mean like this
    http://leivaautomotoressrl.com/images/isuzu_d-max.jpg
    I preffer to call them right lane intimidators , everyone moves out of your way

That's them. What's the point of them in a place like Dublin?

Well for me the benefits are : theyre massive , nice 3 litre engine, cheap tax , park in loading bays, fairly powerful , can carry all my tools , can tow things when needed , I can move round a europallet of stuff , holds 5 people better than most medium saloons , offroad capable for getting to jobs in the bog arse of nowhere, high up driving position , people get out of your way on the motorway, nothing scares the sh*t out of a granny in a micra more than looking out the rear view mirror and not being able to see anything except the grille of your truck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Fiat Cunto

I saw a souped up one of these when I was walking in the village where I live, it was parked up, but the driver revved the sh!t box engine to attract my attention when I walked by. I nearly fell in the road laughing! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

boy racer cars annoy me .................an opel corsa with a spoiler and sounds like a fechin tractor , " stop the lights"

also the clap-trap rust buckets that most non-nationals are allowed on the roads with ,
    they are
    1. awful looking (dents all over the shop, bold tyres , rust all over the place)
    2. definitely not roadworthy
    3. probably no NCT , insurance nor tax

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Holmer

Most Nissans, you can't pass a school without them being there in their droves. Rarely with a D reg either,

what's the reg got to do with it?

Holmer wrote: »
    what's the reg got to do with it?

Don't worry, it will come to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Being honest I'm surprised there isn't a lot more BMW bashing going on it here. I would have thought a thread like this would be a playground for BMW haters.

I dislike Golfs with people going around saying I've got a 1.9 TDI

Do I fu*king care if the D and I are red... The car is still sh*t regardless of whether its 110bhp or 130bhp!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Holmer

Don't worry, it will come to you.

Hey, you're alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Well for me the benefits are : theyre massive , nice 3 litre engine, cheap tax , park in loading bays, fairly powerful , can carry all my tools , can tow things when needed , I can move round a europallet of stuff , holds 5 people better than most medium saloons , offroad capable for getting to jobs in the bog arse of nowhere, high up driving position , people get out of your way on the motorway, nothing scares the sh*t out of a granny in a micra more than looking out the rear view mirror and not being able to see anything except the grille of your truck

So to sum up: it's basically a open-top Hiace van albeit for grown men who like intimidating grannies.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Land Rover Discovery.

They are ridiculous penis extentions. We live in a country 100 miles wide. Get a ****ing proper car now you posh p.rick. How am I suposed to get in that space? What are those little lenster rugby flags for....fu.ck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

jme2010 wrote: »
    Land Rover Discovery.

They are ridiculous penis extentions. We live in a country 100 miles wide. Get a ****ing proper car now you posh p.rick. How am I suposed to get in that space? What are those little lenster rugby flags for....fu.ck off.

It's spelled Leinster.

I realise there are considerably more spelling errors in that post, but that one seemed more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Nissan Micra's, front fog lights always on!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

stovelid wrote: »

So to sum up: it's basically a open-top Hiace van albeit for grown men who like intimidating grannies.

We dont sell the 4wd hiace here :D aside from that , yes. And they look bitchin cool too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

...forgot to include:

A) Any BMW which is M badged for the kit and not the engine spec, imagine every second Merc having AMG slapped across it's arse.

B) ALL cars (and owners) with "Baby / child / little monster on board" they should just read "Hey! We're fertile!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

mloc wrote: »
    It's spelled Leinster.

I realise there are considerably more spelling errors in that post, but that one seemed more important.

Leinster...important.....nah;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

Nissan Navara

usually complete pricks drive these

Advertisement