Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of cars annoy you & why?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I have a particular hatred of modified cars, I really don't get why some one would buy some piece of crap car like a Subaru, Corolla or Starlet and then turn around and spend thousands on it only to end up with a prime junker. Why not spend the money on a decent car instead of some clunker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

VW Beetle
    Toyota Yaris
    Toyota Auris
    Nissan Micra
    Honda Civic Hatchback (looks like a spaceship)
    Fiat Punto
    Fiat Panda
    Ford Fiesta
    Mini cooper
    Audi TT
    Audi A2
    Audi 1

Bit of a pattern forming, you may note, with my hatred of stupid looking small cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Nissan Micras.....their drivers are the worst on the road, no self respecting person would be seen dead in one !!!
    If there is someone crawling up the raod holding up the traffic, 95% of the time its a Micra....Grrrr

And those 'baby on board' yokes....bloody hell, who cares I wasnt planning on crashing into you anyway..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Shane732 wrote: »
    Being honest I'm surprised there isn't a lot more BMW bashing going on it here.......

Thats because the Irish are idiots and think that BMW's are made of gold.

Everytime I'm having a look on adverts and one (usually the classic 3 series coupe) comes up under 5k, every Tom Dick and Harry leap onto it! It's only got 170,000 miles, bald tyres and no service history but its UNDER 5K FOR A BEEMER!

And when Chunk does buy it and tears the arse off it in the estate with his mates they'll all proclaim its a "fukn animal boyz! Only a 1.6 but goes like a 3 litre!" and it'll always be savage looking even though the paint is like the surface of the moon, there is brake dust caked onto the 15" alloys and its never seen a sponge in its life.

Seriously, watch out for it, especially on donedeal, 3 series goes up, about 1000 views in a day.

A herd of sheep the Irish are. I couldn't give a shíte about a crappy overrated 3 series.

206cc, Beetle or a Mini Cooper etc that doesn't have a hot chick driving it, ugly birds shouldn't be sold those cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Only a 1.6 but goes like a 3 litre!"

would that be them 314i's ?

............. grille of your truck

redneck :P

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Needler wrote: »
    Nissan Navara

usually complete pricks drive these
    theyre not really pricks, theyre just grumpy about eating through clutches

RoverJames wrote: »
    redneck :P

You talkin to me boyy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

Has no-one mentioned the Nissan Tiida?
    Driven by people who find chess too exciting,are members of the Pioneer association and write to newspapers complaining about "smut" on the TV.

It is a shapeless styless mess which should never been allowed out of the febrile brain of the dead-beat Nissan designer who obviously owes his job to his uncle (Nakimoto Nissan).

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Id stay away from the smart car to be honest.
    http://www.microcar.org/blog/2009/08/this-is-not-a-smart-car/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

anything with an Audi badge on front. I have a theory that Audi is the auto of choice for middle management type A assholes who think they own the roads. So now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

cml387 wrote: »
    Has no-one mentioned the Nissan Tiida?
    Driven by people who find chess too exciting,are members of the Pioneer association and write to newspapers complaining about "smut" on the TV.

It is a shapeless styless mess which should never been allowed out of the febrile brain of the dead-beat Nissan designer who obviously owes his job to his uncle (Nakimoto Nissan).

I know. Someone told me recently they own a Tiida automatic, nearly got sick when I heard it. She's a nice beour too, but no taste at all for cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Thats because the Irish are idiots and think that BMW's are made of gold.

Everytime I'm having a look on adverts and one (usually the classic 3 series coupe) comes up under 5k, every Tom Dick and Harry leap onto it! It's only got 170,000 miles, bald tyres and no service history but its UNDER 5K FOR A BEEMER!

And when Chunk does buy it and tears the arse off it in the estate with his mates they'll all proclaim its a "fukn animal boyz! Only a 1.6 but goes like a 3 litre!" and it'll always be savage looking even though the paint is like the surface of the moon, there is brake dust caked onto the 15" alloys and its never seen a sponge in its life.

Seriously, watch out for it, especially on donedeal, 3 series goes up, about 1000 views in a day.

A herd of sheep the Irish are. I couldn't give a shíte about a crappy overrated 3 series.

This is your car :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

This is your car :rolleyes:.

What does owning an Astra have to do with a rant about 3 Series BMW's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Alfa Romeos!!

Every single modern one (the classics are ace) I just don't see the appeal, they're all piles of horrible scrap in my mind, particularly the 'Brera' is as ugly as sin despite what Fathead Clarkson has to say about it.

Also: Nissan Puke, Nissan Quackashqai :confused:, Fiat Multipla, Peugeot 206, Audi A3, BMW 316i, Toyota Altezza, Toyota Starlet Glanza, Citroen c3, Ford Galaxy, Hyundai Santa Fe, Hyundai Tuscon, and many many more. :pac:

Oh and: VW Golfs, a very very overrated car, in every aspect, particularly : reliability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShiresV2

Dear diesel convertible owner, do you enjoy listening to the ghastly noise of the engine with the roof down, and the choking diesel fumed wind in your hair? You cretin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

ShiresV2 wrote: »
    Dear diesel convertible owner, do you enjoy listening to the ghastly noise of the engine with the roof down, and the choking diesel fumed wind in your hair? You cretin.

If its a Volkswagen TDI it doesn't create any fumes, it runs on them and supplies infinite torque

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭turnfan

Surprised my car isn't here, the 01-06 ford mondeo Garda car style. I like it, better value than a passat but most people think they are boring as hell, probably hated them when every rep had one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Passats!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

twirlagig wrote: »
    This - Renault Vel Satis! Never liked them! :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Vel_Satis

I used to dislike it but, it doesnt seem as bad as I thought before, wouldnt be gone on renault, although had two that didnt have great reliability, it was probably down to years of poor maintenance by their previous owners.
    Nissan Navara

usually complete pricks drive these
    Along with any 4 X 4 or SUV , but especially anything without a tow hitch.
    solerina wrote: »
    Nissan Micras.....their drivers are the worst on the road, no self respecting person would be seen dead in one !!!
    If there is someone crawling up the raod holding up the traffic, 95% of the time its a Micra....Grrrr
    And those 'baby on board' yokes....bloody hell, who cares I wasnt planning on crashing into you anyway..........

I think the Micra bashing is unjustified, its the drivers (and even then only some, or maybe most, but not all), leave the car alone, the K11 is a bulletproof car. I have more respect for a person driving a car to suit their needs and budget even if i dislike the car (kangoo/multipla) than some toser driving a SUV/crossover/range rover/BMW, especially if they act like a tool, and I dont drive one either>
    Great space in a multipla, loads of pockets, if that suits a persons needs, and most would be hard pushed to tell the redesigned front ended version from much else in its class. Fiats reputation cant be all as bad as it used to be either, brava has a good engine, no issues of fiat of old.

The loser to me is this, or the people that drive them, tops the bill, have only seen a 2 of these, dog ugly mutts.

Dodge Caliber
    http://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=661294&r=s.php%3Fm%3D23%26w%3D1%26g%3D0

I dont understand, why!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

If its a Volkswagen TDI it doesn't create any fumes, it runs on them and supplies infinite torque

and burning oil

What does owning an Astra have to do with a rant about 3 Series BMW's?

I too am stumped :confused:

Chris P Bacon, you dont by chance drive a douche mobile 3 Series do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I too am stumped :confused:

Chris P Bacon, you dont by chance drive a douche mobile 3 Series do you?

At least i dont drive a piece of shit Astra.

I think his car is gorgeous actually, really nice example!

How many do you see on the roads, in his spec, compared to 3-Series' on the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Done up Civics. Only mongs drive them.

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Done up Civics. Only mongs drive them.

I own two :D

Care to explain why people who drive them are mongs though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

I thought this thread was cars that annoy you, not drivers that annoy you.

Any mong can get into any car and drive it like a mong.

Certain cars attract more mongs than others, doesnt mean they're all driven by mongs.

mong mongs mong mongs mong mongs mong mongs- (just to make sure i said it enough)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Cars pretending to be something they're not. IE Standard 520Ds with an M5 badge on them, A4. 1.9TDIs with S4 badges on them.

And 'Mini MPVs': Ie a standard family car with a new body and a raised roof.
    If you can't manage a proper MPV, don't draw attention to the fact.

Ah its a badge thing I see. Typical Beemer driver :pac:

My car probably has a better spec than the bob average 3 series, plenty of power for everyday driving, better colour than most 3's on the roads and imo looks better as its not as common as muck.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

I might be in the wrong thread here

Why oh why do BMW drivers not them all, but most of them think they can drive through red stop lights both traffic and pedestrian do the rules of the road not apply to them aggrogance is not the word

Advertisement