Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of cars annoy you & why?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

bob50 wrote: »
    I might be in the wrong thread here

Why oh why do BMW drivers not them all, but most of them think they can drive through red stop lights both traffic and pedestrian do the rules of the road not apply to them aggrogance is not the word

Their Starbucks double mocha is going cold on the way to the office. They have a permit I think for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Ah its a badge thing I see. Typical Beemer driver :pac:

My car probably has a better spec than the bob average 3 series, plenty of power for everyday driving, better colour than most 3's on the roads and imo looks better as its not as common as muck.;)

Yeah an Astra looks better than a BMW.

Yep, its actually my second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

It does actually, in this case :D

For proper comparison, pics of yours? ;)

It does actually, in this case :D

For proper comparison, pics of yours? ;)

Have a look through the motors forum you will see my car,its in the same thread as his.

• Advertisement

Have a look through the motors forum you will see my car,its in the same thread as his.

Yeah...his is nicer IMO

Yeah...his is nicer IMO

Yeah thats your opinion,and obviously i think mine is nicer.

Seen it, its clean and all but no different to the million other silver 3 Series' around Ireland.

Still prefer mine :)

Yeah thats your opinion,and obviously i think mine is nicer.

An opinion is all fair and good, but why go and call his car shit? Fair enough if you say you don't like it, but no need to call it a name ;)

An opinion is all fair and good, but why go and call his car shit? Fair enough if you say you don't like it, but no need to call it a name ;)

Yeah i was over the top calling it shit,i dont like it simple as,but i dont go around generalising Astra drivers like he did with the 3 series,in one post he said something about people in housing estates called chunk,and then in another something about starbucks and office suits.

• Advertisement

Yeah i was over the top calling it shit,i dont like it simple as,but i dont go around generalising Astra drivers like he did with the 3 series,in one post he said something about people in housing estates called chunk,and then in another something about starbucks and office suits.

I just wanted us to get to the point that an opinion is just that, an opinion ;)

No need for calling things names is all :)

I put with a hell of a lot of generalizing and stereotyping, so why don't you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

the micras that look like frogs i hate them so much

I put with a hell of a lot of generalizing and stereotyping, so why don't you? :D

Believe me i do,just get fed up of listening to it on here so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Audi drivers have watched the Transporter a bit too much and think they'll get more action than yer man in it, especially with the spine shattering, speed of light power of a 1.9 TDi

Also to note are the new wave of scumbags that have aspired since day one, to drive a 12 year old 3 series Coupe, usually in a nice boring shade of silver. "I'm fukn livn the life bud"
    The transporter car was no TDI.As a Tdi driver I admit that:D. Your 2nd statement about the beemer coupes is spot on the money:).Da boyz hav made it out de hoood and ****:D

Oh and: VW Golfs, a very very overrated car, in every aspect, particularly : reliability[/QUOTE]
    Why? I got mine 4 years. Nothing ever gone wrong so far.Reliable as fcuk bro:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

BMW/Merc, because you know the driver is an A-hole

also the 7 seaters that posh mums use to collect their one kid in, and block an entire road in the process

BMW/Merc, because you know the driver is an A-hole

also the 7 seaters that posh mums use to collect their one kid in, and block an entire road in the process

So everyone who drives a BMW/Merc is an A-hole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Pretty much

Pretty much

And you know every single person that drives a BMW/Merc?

No.this is a myth.Theres a lot of pretentious pricks who drive these cars for the prestige crap.But theres a lot more who drive em coz the cars are good to drive.(apart from the pov spec beemers).:D."I only roll Lexus".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

The micra bashing is uncalled for! Micras are highly dependable, cheap to run, cheap to maintain and have no problem doing 100-120k on the dual carriageway. They're good on ice, can handle a low gear well uphill and handles corners surprisingly well. You can literally drive the crap out of them and they don't complain. They are great to buy second hand as most of them have never been driven further than the shop and church. I've yet to see a micra driver overtake in an inappropriate place (because you need a run at it :)) but have seen plenty of BMW drivers do the latter. Give the micra and its driver a break!

I've yet to see a Micra overtake...

I wouldn't classify a Micra as a car, its more of a go cart for people who can't drive proper cars(often the type who took 6 attempts before they passed a driving test).

hobochris wrote: »

I wouldn't classify a Micra as a car, its more of a go cart for people who can't drive proper cars(often the type who took 6 attempts before they passed a driving test).
    Perfect summation of a Micra.Ha ha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

no car really annoys me, they're just bits of metal, I've seen people who look cool driving crappy cars and people who look like twonks driving cool cars. Mostly, it's drivers that annoy me, not what they are driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ger-h

ANYTHING that has a taxi plate on the top of it.

*brainwave* Micra with a taxi plate. LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Westcoast Thugs

ger-h wrote: »
    ANYTHING that has a taxi plate on the top of it.

*brainwave* Micra with a taxi plate. LOL

its not the cars that annoy me its the fools that dont know how to drive them

driving to fast
    talking on moblie
    careless driving
    showin off
    drink driving - hands up im lucky to be alive and my mate too after a high impact crash with a wall car was a complete wrote off , i never drank since and never will , i was blessed that no one was killed i could easily be in jail right now :( i look at life in a different way and road safety is a big concern of mine now the crash happened few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

RHunce wrote: »
    Passats!!!!

im not getting the passat hate thing at all ???
    great engine - cheapish 2 run - does what it says on the tin , i think you might mean the TYPE of person that that you perceive drives them.

i have one and love it , no modifications - no body kit no spoiler - basic 130 bhp , red di , fit at least 3 dead prostitutes in the boot ( the new measure for boots i hear )

cant fault it - so it must be the drivers you dont like , and as we know they drive all types of cars ,
    what do you drive? and then i can profile you :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭click_here!!!

I hate all SUVs and people who buy them.

Yummy mummies think they're safe because "they can see everything from high up" and "it's bigger so it protects me". However, it can't swerve properly to avoid a child crossing a road and subsequently avoid another vehicle like other cards can.

http://www.gladwell.com/2004/2004_01_12_a_suv.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Heay, you couldn't be more wrong! Go karts are great fun and somewhat manly for being pure racing machines. They've nothing in common with a car that uses a hair dyer as an engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Lol! My husband just got pulled over (in our micra) for overtaking the guards!
    Let him go though - he did nothing illegal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Lol! My husband just got pulled over (in our micra) for overtaking the guards!
    Let him go though - he did nothing illegal.

Yeah you have to be careful those Guards are on bicycles these days.

Advertisement