Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebooks in Ireland AGHHHHHH

Options
  • 03-07-2011 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Got the message "No Format available for your country" today as I tried to buy a book from BOB. Have registered as a US customer with an address in the US and I pay via Google checkout. It's been working fine for the last 8 months or so.
    Went to the BOB UK site and got the same message. Then went onto a proxy server and checked out the UK site and the book was available for £6.99.

Amazon.com (Europe) has the book for $18.99 and KOBO have not got it at all in Europe.

Are there any easy(ish) ways to get around this whole rip off of Irish Ebook customers?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Read through this thread here.
    I started a thread bitching about this very topic here, which also has some tips.
    The lengths you have to go to to get these books means people will just download illegally. I wish they'd just cop on and sort this mess out.

Advertisement