Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today's bargain watch that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

blue5000 wrote: »
    I agree, hour numbers on the dial clutter it up a bit compared to a DA 44 which just has hour markers. I've no issues with the cross hairs.

That's actually a good point aswell...

All in all is just to busy

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

https://www.jomashop.com/rolex-watch-116000wgso.html

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but as a hater it gives me great pleasure to see jomashop selling a few:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

as a hater it gives me great pleasure to see jomashop selling a few:D

What? How can anyone "hate" a watch or make of watch? I understand not liking a particular design or maybe even a corporation if they behave in a way you object to but "hate"? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

What? How can anyone "hate" a watch or make of watch? I understand not liking a particular design or maybe even a corporation if they behave in a way you object to but "hate"? Really?

That blue guy is such a horolophobic... He shouts names at us in the street and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Came across this by pure chance:

www.donedeal.ie/jewellery-for-sale/krug-baumen-watch/1691904

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

80s Child wrote: »
    Came across this by pure chance:

www.donedeal.ie/jewellery-for-sale/krug-baumen-watch/1691904

Thoughts?

Run away...

Ad is gone now, what was it?

The hyper-link has Krug-Baumen in the text. That's all you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

The hyper-link has Krug-Baumen in the text. That's all you need to know.

Ha.. I just googled them there.

I will hang my head in shame...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭ebayissues

Hi Gents, Any ideas for a watch between ranges of 150 - 300. I've a brown accurist watch from Debenhams. Which was good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

ebayissues wrote: »
    Hi Gents, Any ideas for a watch between ranges of 150 - 300. I've a brown accurist watch from Debenhams. Which was good value.
    Start a thread with photos of watches you like (regardless of price) and I'm sure people will chime in with some suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

If allowed in here does anybody have opinion on Filippo Loreti watches on kick starter.
    Just popped up on my FB and I'm kinda tempted.
    Had a search and the was mention of there last one on this thread last year, but no real follow up.
    149 for the watch, 249 for smart watch version and 349 for automatic.
    I have been considering justifying a smart watch....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2050848594/join-the-luxury-watch-revolution-filippo-loreti/description

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    If allowed in here does anybody have opinion on Filippo Loreti watches on kick starter.
    Just popped up on my FB and I'm kinda tempted.
    Had a search and the was mention of there last one on this thread last year, but no real follow up.
    149 for the watch, 249 for smart watch version and 349 for automatic.
    I have been considering justifying a smart watch....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2050848594/join-the-luxury-watch-revolution-filippo-loreti/description
    I can't vouch for my link, but when I do a search this is the thing that comes up that would most influence my decision to buy:
    https://www.8past10.com/articles/post/1/588a0e4a00079a12589e2e31

If you want to buy a watch that is good value due to minimal spend on advertising and middleman in jewellers, then I would look at Sinn, Stowa, and Steinhart. You can't have the quality control for under €200.
    Some of the designs look nice though I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭893bet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

For those without access to sales corner its a lovely pre owned Tudor Ranger for sale out of the UK at a cracking price!

Homer wrote: »
    For those without access to sales corner its a lovely pre owned Tudor Ranger for sale out of the UK at a cracking price!

No, I think you'll find it's the unlovely one :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Not sure if it's a bargain, but i've not seen too many Pan Europs in this colour. 10% off too, so it might interest someone. If I wasn't in the middle of buying a house (and waiting on an O1 Green), I'd be all over it!

http://www.watchshop.com/mens-hamilton-pan-europ-watch-h35415761-p100019780.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That seems pretty pricey for a non-chrono Pan Europ

Does it? Even at 900-odd? Best I've seen is around 820/850 or so. Like I said, I wasn't sure if it was a bargain in the strictest sense, but haven't seen the green before at all and thought it might interest someone at 10% off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Does it? Even at 900-odd? Best I've seen is around 820/850 or so. Like I said, I wasn't sure if it was a bargain in the strictest sense, but haven't seen the green before at all and thought it might interest someone at 10% off.

The standard Pan Europ (blue face) was going for £650 on Amazon in May. I've seen it elsewhere for for $750 so anything over 800 -850 is expensive imo. I hadn't seen that colour before so have no idea how limited or desirable it is but the original pan Europ (which is a far nice watch imo) can be had for 200-300 less.

Well, i guess it's not a bargain then! I'll get my coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

There are a few seiko 5's similar to the Pan Europ for about 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Ah no worries - it's the thought that counts :) - hopefully next time you spot us a good bargain (actually my wife hopes you don't :D )

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Ah no worries - it's the thought that counts :) - hopefully next time you spot us a good bargain (actually my wife hopes you don't :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Having just did a bit of lunchtime research, it appears that the green model is actually from the brand new collection this autumn so if its 10% off retail them I guess it is a bargain. 😀

You'd probably have to wait 12-18 months for it to get discounted to the same price as the original pan Europ.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Personally, I'd say one to watch B. And well spotted. Looks kosher to me anyway. And. watch I always hankered after for many a year. Sadly being a broke arsed person... :(:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Personally, I'd say one to watch B. And well spotted. Looks kosher to me anyway. And. watch I always hankered after for many a year. Sadly being a broke arsed person... :(:D

Climbing now anyway, I think it'll go north of $2k, I never saw a NOS one before. Makes you wonder why sell it now? Maybe grandad had it squirreled away and she's having a clearout, 99 cents start was brave!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Climbing now anyway, I think it'll go north of $2k, I never saw a NOS one before. Makes you wonder why sell it now? Maybe grandad had it squirreled away and she's having a clearout, 99 cents start was brave!

Yeah, looked at it last night and was $2.....over $450 now. 6 days left!!

Advertisement