Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today's bargain watch that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Not sure if it will end up a bargain but it's rare and goes against the norm where everyone prefers the "Made in Japan" version.

For the orange dial SKX the rare and highly collectible one is the K version, only in production for a year or two.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153083769106

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

NIMAN wrote: »
    So you're saying its not a bargain I take it;)

I'm just sayin' I won't be buying it:p.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Would this be an investment at £100?

Raymond Weil parsifal 9191

https://www.avforums.com/threads/raymond-weil-parsifal-9191-stainless-steel.2176559/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,347 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Would this be an investment at £100?

Raymond Weil parsifal 9191

https://www.avforums.com/threads/raymond-weil-parsifal-9191-stainless-steel.2176559/

Better off looking on eBay it’s not cheap really these can be picked up for around 80-90 gbp in good condition, the date hasn’t changed fully in the pic so could be goosed, seller wants bank transfer as a payment so you have no protection if it doesn’t turn up or is broken

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Better off looking on eBay it’s not cheap really these can be picked up for around 80-90 gbp in good condition, the date hasn’t changed fully in the pic so could be goosed, seller wants bank transfer as a payment so you have no protection if it doesn’t turn up or is broken

To be honest, I'm not mad on the style.
    Was just wondering if it was a good deal.

To be honest, I'm not mad on the style.
    Was just wondering if it was a good deal.

Not a great deal and the style is very dated now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭893bet

Tempted to buy the new model speedy on adverts. Risk free investment. Easy sell on for what you buy it for. Never had a speedmaster pro. Had the automatic version which was a little small and a little light for my tastes.

https://www.adverts.ie/15767550

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

893bet wrote: »
    Tempted to buy the new model speedy on adverts. Risk free investment. Easy sell on for what you buy it for. Never had a speedmaster pro. Had the automatic version which was a little small and a little light for my tastes.

https://www.adverts.ie/15767550

Aren’t they readily available for under 3 grand new on Chrono24. I’m surprised when I see people paying anything near RRP for an omega - that’s not a hard to find limited edition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Aren’t they readily available for under 3 grand new on Chrono24. I’m surprised when I see people paying anything near RRP for an omega - that’s not a hard to find limited edition.

Can you link any?

Having a hard time seeing a full set, also seller has great feedback.

Rrp is 4400. Apparently he has a receipt for that from Weirs (not paid by him as he is third owner..........perhaps some poor soul wanted the Daytona or the 5711 and was told no problem.....if you take xx at list....only thing I could come up with).

There are some on chrono for around 3.1 ish, not many though in Europe. If I buy the one I linked it will be 2.7-2.8k which is bang on the money given you can view in person and the seller has great feedback. Same watch on leather and deployant sold in a few hours yesterday for 2.6k. So 2.7-2.8 is a reasonable deal on bracelet.

Edit. Thought the ones for 3k ish on c24 were all second hand, seems some are not!

Had another look and there seems like there is good value on C24. Almost too good to be true!

Whose name would appear on the below paperwork if purchased?

https://www.chrono24.com/omega/speedmaster-professional-moonwatch--id3525405.htm

You can pick them up for £2800-£3k used in the uk

Here’s one retail and I’m sure you could knock a few quid off
    [URL="[url=https://postimg.cc/image/x55ko70t3/][img]https://s15.postimg.cc/x55ko70t3/EDB52_E8_B-3_E56-46_FA-_BD5_C-39_C3_BC644898.jpg[/img][/url]"][/url]EDB52_E8_B-3_E56-46_FA-_BD5_C-39_C3_BC644898.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

is someone looking for one ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

It’s all in the thread

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Anybody looking for a Steinhart OVM1? £300, open to offers BUT no bracelet, and no mention of a box/papers either.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Steinhart-Ovm-Mk1-Watch/202363574986?hash=item2f1dcf1aca:g:JNEAAOSwLsxbQcYs

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Can you link any?

Having a hard time seeing a full set, also seller has great feedback.

I did a trade with that guy on adverts.ie - he's fine to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Eoin wrote: »
    I did a trade with that guy on adverts.ie - he's fine to deal with.

Thanks, Im in the market for one.

But can't make the final decision between that and the skywalker x-33.

Semi interested as I have a problem. Going to resist as I am on a list and hopeful it might happen this year.

• Advertisement

Semi interested as I have a problem. Going to resist as I am on a list and hopeful it might happen this year.

You have the Rolex to tide you over lol
    Did you sell the aqua terra ?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You have the Rolex to tide you over lol
    Did you sell the aqua terra ?

No kept it. I do have someone who want to buy it though at the moment but I just picked up a really nice strap and deployant on TZ for it! It's an awkward size at 19mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Im contemplating selling mine...Have my eye on IWC Pilot Chronograph Petit Prince Blue Dial IW377714

But would need to off load the Speedy

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Im contemplating selling mine...Have my eye on IWC Pilot Chronograph Petit Prince Blue Dial IW377714

DT

Same boat. Not wealthy enough to have the speedy and another high end watch. But everytime I get close to putting an advert up for the speedy I fall in love with it again.
    Might just sell the strap and box and papers, equity release!

Same boat. Not wealthy enough to have the speedy and another high end watch. But everytime I get close to putting an advert up for the speedy I fall in love with it again.

List it high and if it sells it’s not so painful

DT

Trying to resist as I am a list! I am a poet and I know it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

The speedy is one that you'd catch, release and catch again I think.

It's the one watch I immediately replaced after the burglars stole a bunch from my watch box (Tag aquaracer, Cartier Ballon Bleu, Speedy Moonphase and gold Waltham pocket watch).

Discovered the others didn't *need* to be replaced - the speedy moonphase did change colours from black version to the white face version though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Discovered the others didn't *need* to be replaced - the speedy moonphase did change colours from black version to the white face version though ;)

Do you have a photo of the white face?

Thirdfox wrote: »
    The speedy is one that you'd catch, release and catch again I think.

It's the one watch I immediately replaced after the burglars stole a bunch from my watch box (Tag aquaracer, Cartier Ballon Bleu, Speedy Moonphase and gold Waltham pocket watch).

I assume you had no joy in finding the stolen pieces
    Did the insurance pay out ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

No joy but the insurance was able to cover most of the pieces' value (just a tip - see if your home insurance imposes a maximum value for each item). May need to declare certain pricey items otherwise insurance will only pay out to the limit.

Advertisement