Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today's bargain watch that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

2shea wrote: »
    Cheap Rolex Explorer on Adverts

http://www.adverts.ie/20907422

Seller has no feedback though if that means anything.

Flagged for review, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭893bet

Spocker wrote: »
    Flagged for review, thanks

Disappeared anyway....were their further signs?

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

893bet wrote: »

Yep, that was us - a combination of spidey senses (thanks to 2shea) and some background IP/email checks that were done confirmed he was a scammer

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Good work, Spocker. If there's one fear in the community it's that someone will pick up a fake watch thinking they're buying a real one (and paying real money for one). Some (Rolex) "replicas" are now so good that it would take a professional with a loupe a good few moments with the watch to be sure it's real. What chances does an amateur have in that case? :(

Personally I'd be very reluctant to buy off a new adverts poster. Unless you get the watch verified before you buy. If you suggest that and the seller doesn't want to know, that would be a clear sign the watch is a fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

893bet wrote: »

I think we found enough red flags already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

2shea wrote: »
    Cheap Rolex Explorer on Adverts

http://www.adverts.ie/20907422

Seller has no feedback though if that means anything.

Or ad anymore. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Or ad anymore. :-(

It was a Rolex Explorer at a suspicious price, from an account with other suspicious ads.

The pictures were very likely pictures taken from someone else's ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Ryath wrote: »
    Do you have a revolut card? You can have a UK address set up on it and it's UK issued. It saves a few percent too as they give better exchange rates and don't have an admin fee.

No revoult card, and it's out of stock now anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Don't forget to put up a picture in the pictures thread when the watch comes :)

So I finally got it last week.
    It went back to full price, then dropped again recently so I bit the bullet. Eventually after many tries, not accepting PayPal, card, or even Revolut card I had to go in to a store.

The girl was able to transfer it in from another shop. She couldn't match the price online, but did give me a decent discount.
    It ended up being about 20 euro dearer, but worth it. ( having security of it being there and not getting mislaid in the post.)
    It was on my hand within the week.

Much nicer in the flesh. More girly than I would normally go for, but I really like it.
    The Boba watch would've been way to big.
    Thanks for helping me make my mind up. :-)

Not sure if it's a bargain, but a pretty much unworn Cocktail hour for GBP320 on TZ-UK

abb6d3649571c2de1e79634a66dc3ac7.plist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'd sell one for less than that if anyone is in the market, although I'm abroad and won't be home until end Aug or Sept depending on the governments' green list. Could post from EU though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I picked up an almost new, unworn Cocktail Time, although a different model, on Adverts (it’s posted on the pics of your watches thread) for €100 less than that one including registered post.

So there are better bargains out there, especially if you aren’t tied to a particular model and have time to shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Ryath wrote: »
    It's your card being flagged Irish where they don't deliver. You can often get around this with Revolute card as you can have a UK address as an extra billing one on the card (Parcel wizard/motel) and it's UK issued. Still gets flagged sometimes as some companies won't deliver to parcel forwarding services. Just be aware insurance is low with these so I wouldn't get an expensive watch through them.

I can’t find where to add a UK address as an extra billing option. Is it hiding in the Revolut app somewhere? Or do I need to upgrade to having a physical card?

Just for the next time someone posts up a watch I don’t need where my lack of a UK address is saving me from myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

dakar wrote: »
    I can’t find where to add a UK address as an extra billing option. Is it hiding in the Revolut app somewhere? Or do I need to upgrade to having a physical card?

Just for the next time someone posts up a watch I don’t need where my lack of a UK address is saving me from myself!

Was sure I set it up before but I can't see it anywhere in my settings and I just have my home address listed. Sorry must have mixed it up. I do have them listed on pay pal and on my normal credit card.

The card is UK issued though it does usually does work for me still occasionally do have issues with the odd UK retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

stuchyg wrote: »
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pulsar-sport-pg8293x1-gents-100-bar-watch-3286-at-amazon-3499429

Pulsar diver for 34 euro rougly delivered. Obviously not as good as the previous few Seiko bargain but guaranteed to receive and it gives you a poor man's experience of the batman flavouring.

Also, pulsar was the first watch I owned

Picked this up, pretty happy with considering the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    Picked this up, pretty happy with considering the price.

That looks fantastic for that money. What is the bracelet like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

shutup wrote: »

Far more solid then the bracelet that comes with the Seiko 5 anyway. Clasp is nice and solid too

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

shutup wrote: »

It feels solid and secure. Pretty comfortable after wearing it all weekend and did some gardening with it on. No complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

That grey one is gorgeous.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I don't know how much of a bargain this is, but chris ward have a trident diver with a leather strap:( on half price €435

https://www.christopherward.com/sale/c65-trident-diver/S65-41H3H1-S0BB0-VC.html

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Birneybau wrote: »
    That grey one is gorgeous.

It's rather nice all right, saw it in the flesh today in Fields. Bit over priced though @€;479 though! They did have a Save the Ocean Samurai for €349 which is pretty good for a high street store. There's a lot more auto Seiko's around than there used to be, Prospex models and a good selection of Presage models in another jewellers I was window shopping in.

blue5000 wrote: »
    I don't know how much of a bargain this is, but chris ward have a trident diver with a leather strap:( on half price €435

https://www.christopherward.com/sale/c65-trident-diver/S65-41H3H1-S0BB0-VC.html

What ever about the brand or spec.

It’s is visually very good.

That logo though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

This looks great valeu for and automatic.

https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/9269045/tissot+everytime+swissmatic+men%27s+leather+strap+watch/

Tissot Everytime Swissmatic

Only £157 with the extra15% code Extra15. Nearly half the price of anywhere else.

Id be quick

Watch finder sale on

https://www.watchfinder.ie/promo/summer-edit-sale?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=IE-O-194%20%2024th%20July%202020&utm_content=IE-O-194%20%2024th%20July%202020+CID_faf93b1eb15e7645268b515ace8e73de&utm_source=emailnewsletter&utm_term=View%20the%20full%20sale

Some ok prices (given its watch finder). See a white aqua terra for 2600.

Always interesting to see how much they can take off. Goes a glimpse into how to negotiate. Especially on slower moving pieces. 15-20 percent seems an achievable target based on the sale.

unkel wrote: »
    Maybe I'll try some sort of orange Seiko first :D

Seiko 5 @ £170 :)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07WGMTVRL?psc=1

8db75e60-da6e-4d21-a33d-17099db18f17.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,343 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

This is very cheap for the current model of TAG Heuer

https://www.adverts.ie/19111166

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Seiko Men's Stainless Steel Zen Garden Automatic Presage Watch SRPD39J1

https://www.hillierjewellers.co.uk/mens-stainless-steel-zen-garden-automatic-presage-watch-srpd39j1-p14620

This looks a very nice watch for €257 delivered . CAnt see it anycheaper.. i pulled the trigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cassius99

The Casio G shock DW5600bb 1-er is on amazon.de at the moment, coming in at €68 delivered in case anyone wants to scratch an itch.

I know it seems a basic enough watch but I've never had one so I reckon why not try one at that price...

Advertisement