Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher 'To Announce Solo Plans'

Options
  • 03-07-2011 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

According to the Sun details have finally been revealed regarding Noel Gallagher's solo post-Oasis plans.

The text from the listed link reads as follows;
    http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/noel-gallagher/news/322173-noel-gallagher-solo-album-liam

Noel Gallagher is expected to announce details of his solo plans at a press conference on 6 July.

The Sun reports that the Oasis singer/songwriter will announce “all the details” of a forthcoming solo album and tour.

The guitarist has tried to keep his solo ambitions top secret but it has been widely reported that he has been holed up in a recording studio in LA. A production company recently announced they were working on a video for the star, for a track titled The Death Of You And Me. The company confirmed the details on their Facebook page in June but the message was quickly deleted.

Another message, this time on Twitter, came from a camera operator who stated he was working on a video with Noel in California. He wrote: "Music video for Noel Gallagher out at Club Ed. Epic camera, techno crane. Should be an interesting day." But that message was also quickly deleted.

Now all should come to light this week if a planned press conference goes ahead.

This is good news to say the least. Maybe we can expect the first few tour dates to be announced and perhaps Noel can clarify all these rumours about him being in and out of the studio.

I'm sure Liam will also be looking forward to hearing this.

Comments

kicks off at 11.45am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Rumours from a good source that Noel Gallagher is playing two solo gigs at The Olympia in November

http://twitter.com/MickRCALabel
    #oasis #Noel Gallagher will play 2 nites in the Olympia Theatre Dublin in November.U heard it from Mick first
    @joemcloughlin @live4ever @mickrcalabel yes mate heard it from the horses mouth.Should become knowledge this week after press conference

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

solo plans huh?

well i guess he is a bit of a ******

(soloist)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

2 Nights int he Olympia? Epic stuff. Surprised he isnt going for the O2 though as he would easily sell it out considering he will obviously play loads of Oasis tunes. I have high hopes for the solo album - it's long overdue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

beady eye are better ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Dear god dont let these go on sale next week while I'm at Benicassim :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

nm wrote: »
    Dear god dont let these go on sale next week while I'm at Benicassim :eek:

Same I will be in Sweden.

Hopefully if the dates are announced on wednesday they will go on sale thursday morning.

Or early friday would be good too. That way I can snatch them up before heading out to Oxegen.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Same I will be in Sweden.

Hopefully if the dates are announced on wednesday they will go on sale thursday morning.

Or early friday would be good too. That way I can snatch them up before heading out to Oxegen.

Yes absolutely, fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Pleeease God be late November.

• Advertisement

High Flying Birds released on 17 October

2 albums apparently

Noel's first solo album will be released on 17th October. The second, done with Amorphous Androgynous, will be next year #NoelGallagher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

According to twitter his album is called "Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds" and his band are called "Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds"

What a sh!t name for a band and album.

According to Digital Spy the Album is called "High Flying Birds"

I hope they're right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

High Flying Birds sounds a bit naff, but still nowhere near as bad as Beady Eye :pac:

Beady Eye is a naff name alright but "Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds" ?!?!

High Flying Birds sounds a bit naff, but still nowhere near as bad as Beady Eye :pac:
    I think there as bad as each other although different gear still speeding is a better album title

#highflyingbirds - the name apparently inspired by an argument with Liam whereby a tin of custard was thrown

First gig is Dublin October 23rd apparently - i see that in some blog but was it in the conference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

First gig is Dublin October 23rd apparently - i see that in some blog but was it in the conference?

Yeah I see it too.

I'm surprised he didn't announce the tour dates.

Maybe we might get a few mentions within the next few days.

As soon as the Dublin tickets go on sale, I'm camping outside Ticketmaster because we know how fast they will sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

Hope it is, it'll be my birthday.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

1. Everybody's On The Run
    2. Dream On
    3. If I Had A Gun...
    4. The Death Of You And Me
    5. (I Wanna Live In A Dream In My) Record Machine
    6. AKA... What A Life!
    7. Soldier Boys and Jesus Freaks
    8. AKA... Broken Arrow
    9. (Stranded On) The Wrong Beach
    10. Stop The Clocks

Four songs were previously demoed and soundchecked when with Oasis, Beady Eye done something similar so you could probably gauge how the next Oasis album would have sounded from listening and combining the two. Pity Revolution Song didn't make it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Dotsey wrote: »
    1. Everybody's On The Run
    2. Dream On
    3. If I Had A Gun...
    4. The Death Of You And Me
    5. (I Wanna Live In A Dream In My) Record Machine
    6. AKA... What A Life!
    7. Soldier Boys and Jesus Freaks
    8. AKA... Broken Arrow
    9. (Stranded On) The Wrong Beach
    10. Stop The Clocks

Four songs were previously demoed and soundchecked when with Oasis, Beady Eye done something similar so you could probably gauge how the next Oasis album would have sounded from listening and combining the two. Pity Revolution Song didn't make it

Haven't (I wanna live in a dream in my) Record Machine & Stop the Clocks already been released in some shape or form?

so the rivalry begins again http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/57812

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Its just like Oasis vs Blur all over again except no one gives a **** anymore.

niallo24 wrote: »
    Haven't (I wanna live in a dream in my) Record Machine & Stop the Clocks already been released in some shape or form?
    They've never been officially released, they were leaked on demo's a few years ago. "Everybodys on the Run" and "If I Had A Gun" were both played at soundchecks during the last tour two years ago and these versions surfaced on the net.
    I'm suprised "Revolution song" and "Come On It's Alright" didn't surface on this album.

ricero wrote: »
    Liam was talking about himself!!
    There's no rivalry here, it's like comparing the Champions League to Sunday League.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Best news of the year. This guy is the greatest song writer of my lifetime and I can't wait to see him play live. He's also going to be playing some Oasis tunes live.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

ricero wrote: »

No, you have to wait and see if Noel replies before you can call it a rivalry.

Advertisement