Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher 'To Announce Solo Plans'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Liam and Noel are gas. Legends!

If I Had A Gun, Record Machine and Stop The Clocks were already released, or even, leaked previously. Can't wait for these live gigs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

oh happy day - can't wait to hear the album...........is it the Olympia or Vicar Street???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

boom! see y'all oct 23rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Completely terrified now that these are going to go on sale next week while I'm at Beni.. **** **** ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

id rather he play a small venue like the olympia but the demand will be there for the likes of the o2 but hopefully not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Sounds like the 2nd record will be a really interesting concoction of sounds. Might surprise a few people.

Sounds like the 2nd record will be a really interesting concoction of sounds. Might surprise a few people.

Yeah, I had a listen to Amorphous Androgynous's remix of Falling Down. It's definitely out there! I wonder how he plans to tour the second record, if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

aflib wrote: »
    id rather he play a small venue like the olympia but the demand will be there for the likes of the o2 but hopefully not.
    He said in the press conference that the tour would start in small venues, then go larger ones if demand was there.
    Personally I'd love to be there..... My money is on the Olympia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/the-real-reasons-oasis-split-hangovers-guitar-attacks-and-flying-plums-2815436.html

Another article about the Oasis split here. Seems Liam wanted to run Pretty Green ads in the Oasis concert programmes.

• Advertisement

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/the-real-reasons-oasis-split-hangovers-guitar-attacks-and-flying-plums-2815436.html

Another article about the Oasis split here. Seems Liam wanted to run Pretty Green ads in the Oasis concert programmes.

Noel said that in the press conference. Laughable reason to have a row over tbh

Noel said that in the press conference. Laughable reason to have a row over tbh

Noel's the innocent party here. Completely understandable why he wanted to leave. Andy Bell is a tw*t

Noel's the innocent party here. Completely understandable why he wanted to leave. Andy Bell is a tw*t

I didn't read the article man. I was just referring to the PG Oasis programme advertising thing.

I didn't read the article man. I was just referring to the PG Oasis programme advertising thing.

Yeah, that's where it all began to go wrong according to Noel. But what Liam did thereafter is just petulant crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

For Noel to refuse to let his BROTHER advertise his clothing range in the tour program was really petty and childish. I cant wait for his gigs and album but I cant blame Liam for having a go at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

darrenh wrote: »
    For Noel to refuse to let his BROTHER advertise his clothing range in the tour program was really petty and childish. I cant wait for his gigs and album but I cant blame Liam for having a go at him.

Not really. Why should Noel have allowed his band to become a walking advert for Liam's s hitty overpriced Ian Brown-wannabe clothes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Oasis have broken up? Really? Roll on October 23rd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Noel was dead right. It will cost you this much Liam if you want to advertise em, else stuff it up your backside.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

Noel was right. Liam was expecting Oasis to subsidise his side-business by DEMANDING free advertising!
    Bottom line, the relationship has been strained for a long time. This was the final straw, that finally give us a Noel solo album. Just a pity it didn't happen sooner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

"Is this gonna be about Jordan?" :D

• Advertisement

That's completely wrong. Pretty Green has nothing to do with Oasis; why should it get free advertising for the literally hundreds of thousands of people who went to see the DOYS Tour?

So all of you are telling me you would refuse it to your brother? I couldn't for the life of me understand that. I have had and still have many heated rows with my brother but he is still family. Its a bs excuse from Noel. He wanted out and used every thing he could to engineer himself into a position of looking innocent. Dont get me wrong I can imagine Liam was no saint but Noel was just being petty. Ever been to an Oasis concert? Every second person was dressed like Liam. Damn right he should have been able to advertise his company. Noel would do it just as quick. One final question. Do you all think Noel refused him because he thought Liam should pay for advertising? He knew what he was at by asking for payment.

So all of you are telling me you would refuse it to your brother?

That's precisely what I'm telling you, yes. Noel should be able to refuse something related to Oasis if he wants to. The only thing I disagree with Noel on is his consistent criticisms of Be Here Now in the press - but then, no one's perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

No way would I have refused Liam the PG advertising if I was Noel. I still don't believe that that story has anything to do with the break up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

ricero wrote: »
    Liam is getting worried because Noel's album is imminent, he even admitted that Beady Eye aren't as successful as he'd hoped which is stating the obvious but at least he's honest.

That's precisely what I'm telling you, yes. Noel should be able to refuse something related to Oasis if he wants to. The only thing I disagree with Noel on is his consistent criticisms of Be Here Now in the press - but then, no one's perfect!

I find it sad and strange that you would refuse your brother something like this. Your choice though.

I find it sad and strange that you would refuse your brother something like this. Your choice though.

I find it sad and strange that you would give a gimp of a brother like Liam free advertising to hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of fans worldwide. Especially if that brother was as agressive as Liam is. Anyway, Liam got what was coming to him!

I find it sad and strange that you would give a gimp of a brother like Liam free advertising to hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of fans worldwide. Especially if that brother was as agressive as Liam is. Anyway, Liam got what was coming to him!

My sentence proves you are not thinking with logic. It had nothing to do with PG. It was Noels excuse to rise Liam into a situation. Liam is no saint and I would say the responsibility for the split lies 50/50. Liams story so far seems to be the most honest though. All the band have continued on with him. Noel has always been able to play the media and is far more cunning than Liam. Liam always says what he thinks and this has got him in trouble but leads me to believe that he's not a liar. He says it as he see's it. Noel is a bit more devious and clever.

• Advertisement

It was Noels excuse to rise Liam into a situation... Liam always says what he thinks and this has got him in trouble but leads me to believe that he's not a liar. He says it as he see's it. Noel is a bit more devious and clever.

Oh right. I'm the illogical one then? I didn't realise that if I don't want to do something for someone, them threatening me with a guitar (and a plumb!) changes the whole thing. The bully should always win!! You'll have to excuse me if I stick to my own logic.
    All the band have continued on with him.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but only Andy "two shoes" Bell hasn't played with Noel since August 2009.

I'd love to continue this debate further but my brother has demanded the computer. He's threatened with me with a guitar to the face so I best let him win. :rolleyes:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "you should be able to like your own comments." :cool:

Advertisement