Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher 'To Announce Solo Plans'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

All the band have continued on with Liam is what I have said. Its pointless arguing with you. You're blinkered by a love of Noel. In my opinion both were wrong. Noel though is trying to be goodie two shoes and come across all innocent when he isn't. Other reports say Noel smashed Liams guitar that his wife gave to him. I've heard this more often than Noels version of "Liam wielding a guitar like an axe". I still cant understand how you would refuse your brother the PG advertising. Speaks volumes about a person who would do that imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

looking forward to the AA collaborated album so much. loved their remix of falling down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

darrenh wrote: »
    All the band have continued on with Liam is what I have said. Its pointless arguing with you. You're blinkered by a love of Noel. In my opinion both were wrong. Noel though is trying to be goodie two shoes and come across all innocent when he isn't. Other reports say Noel smashed Liams guitar that his wife gave to him. I've heard this more often than Noels version of "Liam wielding a guitar like an axe". I still cant understand how you would refuse your brother the PG advertising. Speaks volumes about a person who would do that imo.

Funny that no one has countered Noel's version, not even Liam or Andy "two shoes" Bell. Still, I'll just disbelief it and chose to continue a pointless discussion.

You think someone wielding a guitar as weapon is fine, because it's in their nature. Scumbags can be scumbags if that's in their nature :confused: I really do hope you disagree with my opinion, it gives me great encouragement.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

Any new on when Dublin Tickets are going on Sale???? I assume it will be Tick€tma$t€r???

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

Funny that no one has countered Noel's version, not even Liam or Andy "two shoes" Bell. Still, I'll just disbelief it and chose to continue a pointless discussion.

You think someone wielding a guitar as weapon is fine, because it's in their nature. Scumbags can be scumbags if that's in their nature :confused: I really do hope you disagree with my opinion, it gives me great encouragement.

I understand your point, but you are so blinkered it's funny. Both gallaghers are and were wrong. My point is Noel is far less innocent than he makes himself out to be. Liam is guilty too but less so than you make put. He didn't hit him with the guitar. He waved it around. I've done similar to my brother. I never hit him though and we are still best of friends. It happens many times a day all over the world. Noel more than likely teased him into the situation. The way a family works is far different to how friends work. You can have a serious row with a family member and wake up the next day as if nothing happened. With friends it's different.

Are you a single child? Do you have brothers? If so I can see how you wouldn't understand. If you have I'm seriously confused.

• Advertisement

I understand your point, but you are so blinkered it's funny. Both gallaghers are and were wrong. My point is Noel is far less innocent than he makes himself out to be. Liam is guilty too but less so than you make put. He didn't hit him with the guitar. He waved it around. I've done similar to my brother. I never hit him though and we are still best of friends. It happens many times a day all over the world. Noel more than likely teased him into the situation. The way a family works is far different to how friends work. You can have a serious row with a family member and wake up the next day as if nothing happened. With friends it's different.

Are you a single child? Do you have brothers? If so I can see how you wouldn't understand. If you have I'm seriously confused.

I've an older brother. We're both adults and we use those things to resolve arguments that aren't guitars... ah, what do you call them? Oh yeah, words!

I understand that Liam would have been a nobody without Noel but the same could not have been said in reverse. Liam owes his career to Noel. Even if Liam's voice and general "rock 'n' roll" attitude helped Oasis get attention, would you have rather signed "Take Me" lyricist Liam or "Cigarettes and Alcohol" lyricist Noel in 1994?! If Noel doesn't want some clothing label in his your programme for a world tour, then case closed. There is nothing further to be discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Any new on when Dublin Tickets are going on Sale???? I assume it will be Tick€tma$t€r???

No clue at all, I'm actually in Sweden now and won't be back home till friday next week so I'm freaking out over the possibility of tickets going on sale anytime beforehand.

After next friday when I come home if the tickets still haven't went out I will be chuffed.

I really need to go to this gig so I'll be after the tickets the minute they go on sale.

If were lucky maybe Noel will play a string of Dublin dates to deal with demand. I'd say he would be able for it considering the extensive touring he's been used to in Oasis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Will the tickets not be available to buy online? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

as Noel said in his interview the guitar landed at his feet and he "put it out of it's misery". Which was after Liam threw it at him.
    From all the accounts it's safe to presume that there was tension between Liam and Noel, Liam pulled out of V festival and put in a shambolic performance at the Roundhouse (which was officially released). Whatever argument happended that night, Liam threw his guitar at Noel and Noel put his foot threw it and walked out. Liam then went out to Noel's rack and smashed his red 335. I think Noel was annoyed at Andy Bell for sitting with his head down during this and not opening his mouth despite being in the band 9 years at the time. Gem wasn't in the room hence him subsequently playing with Noel.

On the Pretty Green thing, it's Liams company so only he can benefit by having it advertised for free. It was the bands tour programme, so I think it's fair that he pays for advertising.

Whatever happens Noel will sell more records than Beady Eye and he'll always sell out everywhere he plays.

Liam and Beady Eye will fade, and they've already admitted that their album hasn't been as successful as they would have hoped. I liked the album but I found it to be similar to an OCS album rather than at the level of Oasis.

Any news on when the tickets for the Olympia are going on sale??

Maybe this friday or later....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Noel's solo single has apparently been confirmed as 'The Death Of You And Me'.

Although no official announcement has yet been made about the first cut from the former Oasis man's solo album, 'Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds', rumours have been circling that this would be the opening single for weeks.

Now, fansites have been posting artwork for the track, which will apparently feature 'The Good Rebel' as its b side. 'Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds' is released on October 17 through his own label, Sour Mash. The album was recorded over the past year in London and Los Angeles with producer Dave Sardy.

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/58121

Footage from the video shoot:cool:

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/58134
    The Death Of You And Me' was confirmed as Gallagher's debut solo single yesterday (July 19) and will be released on August 21. New song 'The Good Rebel' will appear as a B-side on all formats of the single.

I wonder when that 7" goes on sale. I'll need to add it to my collection of 1 7" inch former Oasis members' records.

first airplay monday morning at 8.20am on absolute radio!!!

bits from Noels interview in this weels NME

The Death of You and Me:
    "The saying is that if you don't leave a place it will be the death of you. The song is about people escaping the surroundings they are in, it's not about me and Liam."

Oasis:
    "people kept coming to the gigs, but stopped listening. It's like if I was sat here today, doing a press conference for a new Oasis album... well I wouldn't be doing a press conference, would I. it'd be like, 'Oh Oasis have a new album out, so what,' That's just the way it is when you go on for so long. Does anyone care for a new Rolling Stones album? They go and see 'em, don't they."

On playing stadiums:
    "I don't see me ever being able to stand on stage in a stadium, like a jobbing ****ing minstrel with an acoustic guitar, and pull it off in a hour and a half. I just don't I've got that in me. Band's have got more power than ****ing jobbing songwriters. Who was the last solo artist to play Wembley Stadium? George Michael."

"I don't ever see me playing stadiums. I don't think the demand will be there. I could probably do an arena in Manchester. Probably. But I don't know. I'm just going to see how it goes. it's a nice position to be in, and I've not been in this position since 'Definitely Maybe', where it's just like, 'Well put this album out, don't know what's going to happen.' Whereas in Oasis, you know what's going to happen. And that's great, but anything is possible and I'm not setting any limits on it. But I can safely say. it won't be anyway approaching being as big as Oasis were, never".

On Beady Eye:

"Well, Liam talks a lot, doesn't he?... Unfortunately for Liam, he's a born liar. Those songs have been recorded on two separate occasions, for two different albums and vocals were never completed.

"I've re-recorded them in a different key, to suit my voice. They're the two most Oasis sounding songs on the album. But whatever he says is bull****."

"I remember playing drums on a version of The Roller. I've always liked that song. So there's a version of that with me on it somewhere in the vaults. The Morning Son has been around for the best part of five years."

"I'd heard a few of those tunes before... I'd say whatever songs are on there, I'd say half I recognise the titles of... Millionaire was gonna be on the last record... The Roller, yeah, I always thought was gonna be a ****ing mega, mega hit for Oasis but it never got past the demo stage."

Chart Positions:
    "Do you know what? To be quite honest, it was a bit of a wake-up call. 'Cos I was like, right, well ****ing hell, maybe that's what's out there for me, do you know what I mean?
    So when 'The Roller' went in at 30 or whatever I mean, a lot of people were like, '****ing hell, I bet you're happy with that.' And I was like, 'Not really', I was quite shocked, I thought it would do what Oasis singles do.

"So obviously, someone who puts my record out has got some ****ing work to do. I was a bit like, 'Wow.' "

On free downloands:
    "No free downloads. I value my music. I don't sit in a studio, and fing make it up as I go along and go, 'This one's free then.'
    "I think if you buy it, you as a listener value it more. I'm just not into free downloads and that's the end of it.
    I never considered it in Oasis and I'd never consider it now."

we94.jpg

If anyone can remember the 18 minute long song recorded at a soundcheck in Hong Kong 2009, that's 'The Death of You and Me'. I doubt the final version is 18 minutes long but all will be revealed on Monday at 8.20 am on Absolute Radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

.... Also going to be on Today FM Breakfast Show Monday Morning... They didn't give a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Will the tour dates be announced on Monday to go along with the single debut on radio? Hopefully there is some way to pre order tickets for the Olympia gig as it will sell out in minutes on general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

can hear the choir and strings section of everybodys on the run now on his site.
    http://www.noelgallagher.com/#community
    like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

SB-08 wrote: »
    Will the tour dates be announced on Monday to go along with the single debut on radio? Hopefully there is some way to pre order tickets for the Olympia gig as it will sell out in minutes on general sale.

Not sure about pre-orders I haven't heard anything about it.

But as much as I am dying to get the tickets. Maybe not on the same day that the tickets for RHCP go on sale but soon after or before.

I am also worried about how fast the tickets will sell out, hopefully we will have a better chance buying at venues than online????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The three previously released or leaked tracks that are in the tracklisting -

****in HELL when are these tickets going on sale?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

i dreamt they were on sale last night :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭SIR PEADO BAILOUT

ArtSmart wrote: »
    solo plans huh?

well i guess he is a bit of a ******

(soloist)

ah sure arent youse the fella now calling a good Mayo man a WANKER.. and after all its my W*****W***

The video will premiere here at NoelGallagher.com and Noel's official YouTube channel on Monday morning at 8.21 (UK time).

Be sure to check it out!

www.noelgallagher.com

Its just like Oasis vs Blur all over again except no one gives a **** anymore.

Just to set the record straight, yes it will be the Battle of Britpop all over again and yes I agree no one really gives a ****.

As Liam describes his feelings towards Noel in the song Four Letter Word "The battle’s on and there’s always a prize".

But tbh after seeing Beady Eye at Oxegen and seeing how hated Liam has become, we all know that Noel will get the prize in the end.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Just to set the record straight, yes it will be the Battle of Britpop all over again and yes I agree no one really gives a ****.

As Liam describes his feelings towards Noel in the song Four Letter Word "The battle’s on and there’s always a prize".

But tbh after seeing Beady Eye at Oxegen and seeing how hated Liam has become, we all know that Noel will get the prize in the end.
    a lot of people said The Morning Son was about Noel aswell, but according to Noel its been demoed and doing the rounds in the studio about 5 years.. Andy Bell wrote Four Letter Word by the way, and looking at Beady Eye's chart position and sales figures they won't be winning any prizes. NG's solo work will always be judged by a higher standard than anything Beady Eye put out. Most critics were actually shocked that Beady Eye were able to complete an album of songs and were giving them positive reviews based on this

Loving Noel's song!!

• Advertisement

wow, great song! very much in the vein of 'the importance of being idle'

Advertisement