Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher 'To Announce Solo Plans'

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

Hey,

Didnt want to pizz anyone off..,.

Its just a pity the way they split up like they did and now unfortunately it looks like were going to be left with lesser music from both bands..

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

ricero wrote: »
    Beady eyes faith depends on their next album IMO if it's as good as there first they will be grand. Simple as this there's to much **** music out there at the moment and only a few good bands such as kasabian and arctic monkeys that are making new sounds and trying something different. Beady eye will always be moderator successful anyway because Liam is a rock n roll god. Noel will become the new Paul weller me thinks
    Noel will be and already is a hell of a lot more successful than Paul Weller ever will be.

I agree with you about there being too much sh*t music but I'm not sold on the Arctic Monkeys, loved there first album buts it's been a decline ever since.
    Kasabian are top can't wait for there new album it sounds a lot heavier and more Vlad like.
    Don't think anybody is suggesting that he spend years perfecting songs or overproducing.
    It's all about taking the time out to write more songs, then pick the best!
    Here is an example of what the last oasis album could have been if time was given.....(I know maybe six years of time, but still as an example)

The Turning
    The Hindu Times
    Stop Crying Your Heart Out
    Songbird
    Lyla
    Little by little
    The Importance of Being Idle
    Bag It Up
    Falling Down
    Let there be love.
    So you have Oasis disappearing after SOTSOG in 2000 and not reappearing until 2008!! A lot of them songs were wrote on a creative splurge during recording sessions so a lot of them might not have surfaced if they weren't on album making mode.

Disagree with your track listing on the ones you mentioned though. I loved the first 4 songs on Dig Out Your Soul the way they were all heavy groovy songs and all ran into each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

Dotsey wrote: »
    .....So you have Oasis disappearing after SOTSOG in 2000 and not reappearing until 2008!! A lot of them songs were wrote on a creative splurge during recording sessions so a lot of them might not have surfaced if they weren't on album making mode.

Disagree with your track listing on the ones you mentioned though. I loved the first 4 songs on Dig Out Your Soul the way they were all heavy groovy songs and all ran into each other.

Track listing was only an example, and I do understand alot of songs come from studio sessions.
    But the point still stands that they didn't need to roll out a watered down album every 2 to 3 years.
    The fact is that Noel had dried up on the quantity of quality songs and the other weren't up to it. They should have taken more time out before releasing an album. There is no shame at the end of a recording session to say "...ok, only 4 songs from that sessions, lets meet up in 6 months or so"....... Maybe Noel and Oasis are more commercially driven than they would like to admit!!!!

P.S. Agree with you on the four intro songs to DOYS, I especially like 1 & 2 .... can't understand why there weren't singles!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Apparently Noel has written enough material for three solo albums but he's not thinking that far ahead now as he is "sick" of writing new songs.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/noel-gallagher-wrote-third-solo-album_1235747

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Maybe Noel and Oasis are more commercially driven than they would like to admit!!!!

You are taking the mick?! Noel couldn't be more explicit in his desire to make money over making decent music!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Track listing was only an example, and I do understand alot of songs come from studio sessions.
    But the point still stands that they didn't need to roll out a watered down album every 2 to 3 years.
    The fact is that Noel had dried up on the quantity of quality songs and the other weren't up to it. They should have taken more time out before releasing an album. There is no shame at the end of a recording session to say "...ok, only 4 songs from that sessions, lets meet up in 6 months or so"....... Maybe Noel and Oasis are more commercially driven than they would like to admit!!!!

P.S. Agree with you on the four intro songs to DOYS, I especially like 1 & 2 .... can't understand why there weren't singles!!!
    I wouldn't call them watered down, the last two Oasis albums were pretty good.. DOYS was excellent until track 7 when Liam, Gem and Andy took over. I always believe Heathen Chemistry to be their weakest album and it's the one I listen to least it sounds very stale to me whereas SOTSOG had it's moments..

I dont know whether Bag It Up and The Turning are exactly singles, Waiting For The Rapture has a single quality about it thats almost a singalong song and a catchy beat behind it. It's a pity them two weren't played live, the only version is of the alternate take of The Turning from a soundcheck in Hong Kong I think

At the rate we are waiting for the tickets to go on sale Noel may need to reschedule the Olympia date.

Lets not forget some people will be coming over from the UK since he is only playing in Dublin so far and that will boost the demand for tickets.

Well that's not true. Dublin is the first date of his tour, he mentioned British cities at the press conference also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

On sale this Friday.

This is gonna be ridiculous I'd say, a 30 second sell out job. Wonder if he's more nights booked and TM are gonna do a 'Due to popular demand' job... ?

nm wrote: »
    On sale this Friday.

This is gonna be ridiculous I'd say, a 30 second sell out job. Wonder if he's more nights booked and TM are gonna do a 'Due to popular demand' job... ?

Thats fantastic news, thanks.

And no I will have no problem getting tickets before they sell out so long as I show up to ticketmaster early.

Got the RHCP tickets and they too were a sellout in 30 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

First gig of his solo career. They'll be gone in seconds.

49.50€. I hope to God (Noel) I get tickets.

Saganist wrote: »
    First gig of his solo career. They'll be gone in seconds.

Maybe not.

A lot of people will give the gig a miss after seeing the ticket price.

I'm surprised the discussions here about Noel are somehow dying out just over a day before the tickets go on sale.

I may just get a ticket after all, I was worried at first but not really anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

karaokeman wrote: »
    Maybe not.

A lot of people will give the gig a miss after seeing the ticket price......
    Was thinking that myself.... Tickets will now take minutes to sell out rather than seconds :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

€50 is cheap for a gig like this in the Olympia.

Were you seriously expecting €30 for Noel Gallagher? You live in Ireland yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

Just got my ticket there, got a standing ticket. Can't wait now, its gonna be an unreal gig i'd say.

Can't wait for the Chief!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

No luck. Fcuk it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Tried on the dot at 9... could not get one :(

Got mine in person. Standing. Madferit!
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

No luck here either. Gonna try the Olympia ticket office when it opens !

So even though it was advertised that tickets would be on sale from the Olympia box-office they didn't have one when they opened.

NOT HAPPY... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Tried on the dot at 9... could not get one :(

me too, heard they went on sale early total bollocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Empty handed:mad:

Advertisement