Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

router not working wirelessly

Options
  • 03-07-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hi guys....

I have a netopia router from Eircom... the internet is working fine when i hard wire it to my laptop using a patch lead but for some reason over the last few weeks it is not working wirelessly....

I have reset the router and turned it off/on numerous times... Wondering if any of you guys have any hints that might get me back up and running...

Cheers,,,

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

alan kelly wrote: »
    Hi guys....

I have a netopia router from Eircom... the internet is working fine when i hard wire it to my laptop using a patch lead but for some reason over the last few weeks it is not working wirelessly....

I have reset the router and turned it off/on numerous times... Wondering if any of you guys have any hints that might get me back up and running...

Cheers,,,

Is the wireless definitely switched on? And is it set to broadcast the ssid?

Try changing the channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

alan kelly wrote: »
    Hi guys....

Cheers,,,

When you search for available networks, does your network appear in the list?
    Do any networks appear in the list?
    Is your laptop able to connect to any other wireless networks?

Advertisement