Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I get XBMC?

Options
  • 03-07-2011 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Ok..I'm a noob as you're prob aware by now. The lads in the soccer forum were talking about streaming games through the XBMC... I never seen that before, but would like to get myself one of those.

Wondering should I just buy an xbox off ebay & modd it myself? or can i buy them with XBMC installed on it? Anyone here selling one ?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

cheapest best bit of hardware is the AppleTv2, 120 delivered from apple.ie, it can easily be modded to run XBMC, hads hdmi port etc, the xbox of old is easy enough to mod, but its a piece of s**t tbh, very slow and loud, you'll need an old computer to attach it to also for the mod procees, well htats the way it was back in the day,

you can install xbmc on your pc, its quite good ! but if your looking for the large tv job, I recommend an appleTV2 or something similar

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056309784

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I've got XBMC on my PC works great and has HDMI output to my 32" TV

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Cheers lads for that...im fairly confused as to how apple tv works...can i plug it into my tv directly? Basically id like a system to stream football matches..store movies, usual stuff any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The only console XBMC can run on is the original xbox but as iPwnage said, it does have drawbacks. If you're no longer interested in running it on an original Xbox you'll have much better luck getting advice in the HTPC & Media Centre forum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I use Sopcast on my laptop/PC, then VLC to setup the stream, TVersity as a server, then my PS3 can connect to that server and play sopcase streams straight to my TV. I think you can use an XBOX360 as well as possibly the AppleTV thing too, but not sure.

Alternatively, just open ur PS3 browser and connect to mypremium.tv and then you're good to go, without any of that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Yup, get yourself a cheap Xbox1 (adverts/ebay) and mod it yourself - yea might prob get one already modded off adverts if you ask the seller if its modded

Unsure if this one is modded but its 30euro, yea can't go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Can the xbox be softmodded at all to run this?? Have a xbox sittin about in a cupboard somewhere that wouldnt mind tryin to setup if so :) cba forkin out much more money if not though since always got the laptop and modded wii. Any guides seem to be done like 3/7 years ago and some of programs updated/links broke or sumfin.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JavaBeans

have you a old pc with IDE hdd connection, ?
    tbh its not worth the effort on an old xbox

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055256404

JavaBeans wrote: »
    have you a old pc with IDE hdd connection, ?
    tbh its not worth the effort on an old xbox

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055256404
    That's the hotswap method. If you don't have a PC then you can softmod it with an Action Replay and exploitable game. Unfortunately the Action Replay is hard to find these days I believe. Here's a solution if you can't find an Action Replay

XBMC is the best thing ever. I have the Live Online Footy plugin and can't wait for the new season! :D

Advertisement