Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Mail Problems

Options
  • 03-07-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Anyone else having trouble with it? When I directly log-in through "https://imap.ucd.ie/uwc/auth", I get in but can only see my address book. And when I log-in through the main site, it tells me my account is disabled.

Not sure if this would have any effect but I graduated last summer and applied again this summer after a year off... my application says it's being processed.

Just bricking it a bit since I've used that address for important stuff - flights, my UCD application, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

It's not imap anymore, it's actually gmail run now. You have to access it through ucd connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Lanterrrn

So is it currently in a transition phase with everyone experiencing some trouble, or has my account genuinely been disabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Lanterrrn wrote: »
    So is it currently in a transition phase with everyone experiencing some trouble, or has my account genuinely been disabled?

You cant view it through imap, so yes it is disabled. Log in through connect, that should sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Lanterrrn

Problem is, that's when it tells me my account has been disabled. It's gonna be a pain to get on the phone to them from America, which is why I'm wondering if it's just me.

Since it's gmail now, were people issued with new addresses/passwords or something? Or is everyone still on "name"@ucdconnect.ie?

edit: Actually, I suppose the greatest indication that it's been disabled is that it no longer forwards to my alternate email address. Bollocks. I've emailed the help desk. Here's hoping they can sort it out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jan shyr

First of all, you don't need to go through UCD connect to read your mail. This is one of the most ugliest ways of getting to your email account.

http://www.ucd.ie/itservices/itsupport/ucdconnect/studentmail/faq/#d.en.83801
    Basically, create new password or use your UCD connect password as your gmail password, bookmark gmail.com or whatever it is and save your password for easy access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Note to people already using Gmail: you probably want to enable Multiple Login on both accounts (your Gmail and UCD Gmail), under "Account Settings". Otherwise, logging in on the one account will log you out of the other account.

If you try to log in to UCD Gmail through the normal Gmail login page, it doesn't work directly. UCD hasn't handed your passwords over to Google, so Google has to authenticate you against UCD's "Single Sign-On" (SSO) service. It works, but requires extra steps and is no faster than going through UCD Connect as far as I can see.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭c7

Anyone having trouble accessing mail through clients since the changeover? Using OS X Mail and can't find any reference to non-Staff settings on the IT Services page. Student Gmail settings page not helping much either.

Thanks in advance guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I can't get it working on my iphone. I set up a new email account but it just redownloaded all my emails pre 20th June. Anyone gotten it running on an iphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

What happens to the emails sent to the old system? I finished in 2009 and was signed up to a few mailing lists for work purposes, I suppose they're all gone now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

c7 wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble accessing mail through clients since the changeover? Using OS X Mail and can't find any reference to non-Staff settings on the IT Services page. Student Gmail settings page not helping much either.

Thanks in advance guys!

http://www.ucd.ie/itservices/itsupport/ucdconnect/studentmail/faq/#outlook modify to suit OSX Mail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

So can graduates access emails then?

I can't get into ucd connect at all, it say that it's been disabled. So i cant link my email account to Gmail. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭grateface

Yea I had the same problem.

I graduated last summer too,

I emailed the IT department and they clarified that the UCD email accounts are only accessible for CURRENT UCD STUDENTS.

NOT GRADUATES.

So, this was annoying to find out..., you can email them, and they will reopen your account for a few days so you can back up what you need, but thats it.

Also, I emailed the engineering department secretary (my course) and asked could she swap my old ucd email address for my gmail, so i could still get the odd job email etc. and she did.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement