Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair cut for 2.5yo boy, recommendations please..

Options
  • 03-07-2011 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a 2 and a half yr old boy with blond shoulder length curly hair. I have been putting off getting his hair cut because the long messy curl he has really suits him but the time has come. Its been 10 years since my other son got his first hair cut so I'm looking for some advice on where to get it done. He doesn't stay still for more than 30 seconds no matter what but I dont want him butchered. I would really appreciate any recommendations from parents who got good haircuts for their son. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I used to bring my little girl to Kiddie Kutz but recently started bringing her to my local hairdresser who charges 8 euro to trim her fringe and around the back of her hair (I want to let it grow a bit!)... I'd just bring him to the barber or local hair dressers and ask them to do it... it might take a little patience but it will be worth it in the end and you won't have to pay Kiddie Kutz 20 euro to cut their hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

January wrote: »
    I used to bring my little girl to Kiddie Kutz but recently started bringing her to my local hairdresser who charges 8 euro to trim her fringe and around the back of her hair (I want to let it grow a bit!)... I'd just bring him to the barber or local hair dressers and ask them to do it... it might take a little patience but it will be worth it in the end and you won't have to pay Kiddie Kutz 20 euro to cut their hair!

We've had the same experience. Ditched KK for the local barber, get there first ting sat morning and pay €15 for the two of them..

No more appointments for a kids haircut... (FFS)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Only had to cut the little fellas hair once so far (20 months old now) and had it in Kiddie Kuts. Might go back there for the next one though as yer wan was very good with him and he loved sitting in the little car seat.

Don't think I'd trust my own barber though, maybe in another year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Eyeore

I take my son to my own hairdresser, she charges me €2 !!! Its a dry cut that takes literally 2 mins, I've been in 3 times with him so far and she usually tells me not to pay but I do and she only ever takes €2. Why Kiddie Kuts have to charge €20 is beyond me! Ask your own hairdresser if she'll do it, she'll probable be glad to do it so she keeps you as a regular customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I cut my nearly 2-yr-old's hair myself. We've got a home hair clippers for doing it. I cut it when I'm doing his dad's hair and he thinks it's gas. The clippers cost €25 about 5 years ago, we've definitely had our money's worth out of it! It came with a guide for how to do different styles, so it's not just an all over buzzcut, we've had fauxhawks, spikes, combdowns and curls (his hair grows at a mad rate). No way would I be able to get him to sit still for long enough for anyone else to do it, at least it's a game when his dad is getting his done too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,585 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Jaysus, I don't think my parents took me or any of my siblings to a barber till we were in our teens. Mum gave us an aul clip every few weeks.

Gonna be having a child ourselves in the next few weeks and hadn't bargained for a barber/hairdresser, till the teens to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Most good barbers will be okay. . . you should be able to sit him on your knee if it's his first cut and generally a good one will have a distraction on hand. . .ie toys or dvd. I'm 19 years in mens hairdressing and i've never butchered anyone yet. . that's the difference between good and bad hairdressers ;) We charge €8 for a kids cut and i think that's plenty. Bring a packet of sweets or crisps and don't talk it up too much before you go in.. if they know you're panicking about it they act up more.. Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

We go to Kiddie Kutz because they have a train and an airplane for the child to sit in and they have Peppa Pig on constant play.

When he's a little bit older I'll do it myself, I watch the girl and try to see how she does it, but whilst he's too young to sit still for any prolonged period, I'm too afraid to take a sharp scissors to his head :o

Advertisement