Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chipper in Port

Options
  • 03-07-2011 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

has to be the new italian chipper/cafe. Am so delighted a new chipper in town, as the roma,their food awhile ago was good lately as they had no competion, was throwing up ****e.
    The new chipper food is always cocked well and hot more than can be said for the Roma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Doogieboogie

Is that Dennis's? I've never eaten chipper food out of it, but I've had pizza and pasta and it's been lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Dennis's the food is pretty good and particular members of staff are easy on the eye ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

Is that Dennis's? I've never eaten chipper food out of it, but I've had pizza and pasta and it's been lovely
    no not Dennis, dennises is just the Roma under a different name. no the new place is where the cafe used to be that shut down, in the high street across the rd from clelands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Its where TC's was many yrs ago.................personally not a decent chipper rin the town if i'm honest.

I grew up in Longford and none of them are a patch on Luigi's which is the standard judge all other chippers on !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭toby08

speakin of food, just a little rant, ive been in a few places around the country and many resturants/pubs have signs reflecting the recent vat changes... this in these times has to be welcomed. however in a well known spot in laois over the weekend i noticed that this was not the case, i asked about it and the reply i got was "dont be silly sure theres a fleadh on next weekend and you dont think the boss will drop prices before that" I think that is the exact attitude which has us in this mess grab! grab! it is so familiar when house grants came in the prices went up surely there should be a control of some sort ???

Shops etc are no legally bound to pass on the vat reduction, they have to charge 9% but can call the other 4.5% a raise in price from July 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭toby08

this is exactly my point it is the same when oil prices go down or any changes such as the vat, it is always a short term grab I know that I will not eat in any restaurant or pub that does not pass it on.it might be an idea to put together a list of premises that are passing on the reduction for our fleadh visitors next weekend, it might give them a positive impression of the area and maybe sting the money grabbers...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,592 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

there are no decent chippers in town.
    Theres basically 3 romas... 1 in gracefield, 1 on main street, and dennis.

that being said i think Dennis' food is very good. especially the pasta side of things.

i dont like either of the 2 romas...

I'm not a fan of the Roma either (they always seem to have a pus on when you ask for food, like it's a big ordeal) but Dennis's is lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Just been in to dennis's and the girls a**e is amazing:) think i ordered to much food just so i had longer to look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Veles wrote: »
    how was the food?:D

They sell food :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Just been in to dennis's and the girls a**e is amazing:) think i ordered to much food just so i had longer to look at it.

Yes thats what I was saying she's ridiculous!!! Fully deserves a 10/10 :D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,592 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

hehe yeah.... she could crack nuts with those cheeks... and preferrably mine LOL

sydthebeat wrote: »
    hehe yeah.... she could crack nuts with those cheeks... and preferrably mine LOL

*resolves never to purchase anything containing nuts from Dennis's* :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Still haven't found a truly great one yet...

Advertisement