Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lasik or Lasek for job in the Gardai??

Options
  • 03-07-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Hi everyone i was wondering what do people think in realtion to the two types of laser eye surgery, Im going for the Garda reserve and eventually the Full time Gardai and in have already had a consultaion with a top eye surgeon and was told i can do either surgery with perfect results, so does anyone have any ideas which to choose especially for the line of work of the Gardai? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

The mater folks recommended lasek for anything that'll involve any rough housing after like rugby or martial arts since the surface of your eye is never actually broken and thus has greater structural integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

joconnell wrote: »
    The mater folks recommended lasek for anything that'll involve any rough housing after like rugby or martial arts since the surface of your eye is never actually broken and thus has greater structural integrity.

I was leaning towards Lasek alright, I constantly have that nigling thought that if I get Lasik done and end up in getting hit near it, that something would happen the flap. Thanks for the advice :)

Advertisement