Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VEC Job Applications- 4 copies of everything?

• 03-07-2011 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

There is a particular VEC my friend is applying to. It requests 4 copies of the application form and copies of supporting documents. Does this include 4 copies of each of transcripts and parchments? :confused: Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭phormium

I would be inclined to think so, applied for something lately that required the same, got as far as interview and each member had a copy of my docs so that was 3 used up, probably other one on file. Was a long application form, practically used a full ink cartridge, didn't get the job either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

phormium wrote: »
    I would be inclined to think so, applied for something lately that required the same, got as far as interview and each member had a copy of my docs so that was 3 used up, probably other one on file. Was a long application form, practically used a full ink cartridge, didn't get the job either.

would I be right in thinking that was a south east vec???
    Another example of the stupid bureaucracy at VEC. In answer to your question yes they have to be copies of every single thing you send them, the county councillor who knows nothing about teaching will need something to read when you are sat in front of him.

Good luck:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Not a southeast vec. It's just so wasteful !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭phormium

It wasn't a VEC at all but was a government funded job. To be fair the three on the interview panel had some clue about the job but I knew before interview who was actually going to get it and I think it showed in the interview, they were passing the time more than interviewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

phormium wrote: »
    It wasn't a VEC at all but was a government funded job. To be fair the three on the interview panel had some clue about the job but I knew before interview who was actually going to get it and I think it showed in the interview, they were passing the time more than interviewing.

I got that feeling before in a VEC interview. One of the women on the panel was staring at her watch for about 5 seconds while I was giving an answer to a question. Really angered me during the interview

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

My friend says she found the vec on other occassions to be more professional than some schools. In particular one councillor went out of his way to make her feel comfortable on her first ever ever interview .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

The extra copies are for the interview panel...saves someone having to copy them!

Advertisement