Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carlow omniplex new price structure

Options
  • 03-07-2011 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Just got this email but still in the dark about the new price change, can any one confirm the new ticket price?

Thank you for your mail. I hope I can answer your questions.

In our pricing structure, children under 18 months go free. If they are aged between 19 months and 14 they are child prices. Prices vary during the day, we offer matinee/evening prices and on Saturday and Sunday mornings, we have our ‘Kids Club’. The current price in the Kids Club is €3 per child with one adult going free (this changes to €2.50 per person from July 1st). We also offer Family tickets (2 Adults & 2 Children), the prices are; for an Early Bird/Matinee (before 7pm) ticket €19.20 (currently €20) and for Evening shows is €22.80 (currently €24).

A additional supplement applies for 3D and VIP seating.

Regarding you other query. We do not offer any concessions for Carers. There is a special needs space at the front door of the building for wheelchair access. If you could let me know how many wheelchairs you have in the group, I can give you a better idea as to how we can accommodate you, but I am sure we can take care of your needs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

tonyheaney wrote: »
    Just got this email but still in the dark about the new price change, can any one confirm the new ticket price?

Thank you for your mail. I hope I can answer your questions.

In our pricing structure, children under 18 months go free. If they are aged between 19 months and 14 they are child prices. Prices vary during the day, we offer matinee/evening prices and on Saturday and Sunday mornings, we have our ‘Kids Club’. The current price in the Kids Club is €3 per child with one adult going free (this changes to €2.50 per person from July 1st). We also offer Family tickets (2 Adults & 2 Children), the prices are; for an Early Bird/Matinee (before 7pm) ticket €19.20 (currently €20) and for Evening shows is €22.80 (currently €24).

A additional supplement applies for 3D and VIP seating.

Regarding you other query. We do not offer any concessions for Carers. There is a special needs space at the front door of the building for wheelchair access. If you could let me know how many wheelchairs you have in the group, I can give you a better idea as to how we can accommodate you, but I am sure we can take care of your needs.
    Nice to see them dropping prices for family tickets but are they doing the same with single adult tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 spokes

They used to do concessions for carers..which was good. They should try sitting 10 feet from a 40 foot screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

spokes wrote: »
    They used to do concessions for carers..which was good. They should try sitting 10 feet from a 40 foot screen

No they dont do them any more because apparently and this is what the manager told me "there normal people too".... normal? WTHs that meant to mean lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

No they dont do them any more because apparently and this is what the manager told me "there normal people too".... normal? WTHs that meant to mean lol

yes carers are normal everyday people and should be treated as such.

The problem is some "carers" use their position to get discounts as if they have a disabilty and then they moan and whinge if they don't get their way. (1st hand experience of this behavious!) The cinema is making very very clear to you that there are no concessions for "carers" and they pay the exact same price as any other adult going into the cinema.

maxer68 wrote: »
    yes carers are normal everyday people and should be treated as such.

The problem is some "carers" use their position to get discounts as if they have a disabilty and then they moan and whinge if they don't get their way. (1st hand experience of this behavious!) The cinema is making very very clear to you that there are no concessions for "carers" and they pay the exact same price as any other adult going into the cinema.

even when they are with the clients at the time? working on company time?

• Advertisement

even when they are with the clients at the time? working on company time?

Yes - and I'll tell you why.

Concessions for carers in all sorts of busineses are abused to the hilt. - Its rarely the person with the disability that chooses, it usually the carer based on what the carer wants.

There are some that don't abuse the system, but these are few and far bewteen.

And yes I really do know what I am tallking about and could give a huge number of examples - but that would cause its own problems a little too close to home.

If it wasn't abused the way it has been, cinemas and otehr places of entertainment would not withdraw the concessions.

Yes - and I'll tell you why.

Concessions for carers in all sorts of busineses are abused to the hilt. - Its rarely the person with the disability that chooses, it usually the carer based on what the carer wants.

There are some that don't abuse the system, but these are few and far bewteen.

And yes I really do know what I am tallking about and could give a huge number of examples - but that would cause its own problems a little too close to home.

If it wasn't abused the way it has been, cinemas and otehr places of entertainment would not withdraw the concessions.

No - and i will tell you why

1. AS A CARER when i choose to take my client to a movie i will ask them to choose the movie, I never choose.

2. Out of the 10 people i work with 8 women and 2 men NONE of us abuse the system... EVER!!!!

3. AND FINALLY According to the manager he has said it is head office that ended it because they simple dont get enough to keep the system running.

Please do your homework before you imply crap like that, if you see some of the stuff we have to do you may gain some respect or us people

No - and i will tell you why

1. AS A CARER when i choose to take my client to a movie i will ask them to choose the movie, I never choose.

2. Out of the 10 people i work with 8 women and 2 men NONE of us abuse the system... EVER!!!!

3. AND FINALLY According to the manager he has said it is head office that ended it because they simple dont get enough to keep the system running.

Please do your homework before you imply crap like that, if you see some of the stuff we have to do you may gain some respect or us people

I see it at first hand.

3 people go to same conference together in one car - ALL claim mileage

They laugh and joke about where they will go for "entertainment" the following week.

They abuse the privlidges they get, they shopping sick sick days

Nepotism within the "care" industry is rife and any criticism will get you demoted moved to another unit very quickly.

Bullying is also rife especially if its known that you have reported someone for something. For a select few the word "care" does not come into it and many do not have the experience or qualifications.

BTW - what was the point of your OP? Was it to try and get a bad angle on something the cinema did? - Surely you could have simply checked their website for the info instead of getting tem to write to you with a reply which you then turn around and use against them in a bullying manner!

And finally, they are not "CLIENTS" They are people, decent people who try their best despite their disability. Unfortunately many "carers" don't see them that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

They should have wheelchair access to the back row then

I see it at first hand.

3 people go to same conference together in one car - ALL claim mileage

They laugh and joke about where they will go for "entertainment" the following week.

They abuse the privlidges they get, they shopping sick sick days

Nepotism within the "care" industry is rife and any criticism will get you demoted moved to another unit very quickly.

Bullying is also rife especially if its known that you have reported someone for something. For a select few the word "care" does not come into it and many do not have the experience or qualifications.

BTW - what was the point of your OP? Was it to try and get a bad angle on something the cinema did? - Surely you could have simply checked their website for the info instead of getting tem to write to you with a reply which you then turn around and use against them in a bullying manner!

FIRSTLY, MY ORIGINAL POST WAS HOW MUCH IS THE NEW PRICE STRUCTURE FOR A REGULAR JO. ANSWER €10.50 FOUND OUT WHEN I WENT TO A MOVIE LAST NIGHT.

Secondly It is very sad to see someone like you bash those of use who do our best in a time of negativity. you should be ashamed of yourself. id like to see you change an adult dyper or actually take the time to sit down and spend some time just talking to a client even though there's a chance the clients would even know that your even there. I would like to see you work a long shift from 8am to 6pm and come home exhausted and STILL look forward to work the next day.

I love my job, can you say the same?

I look forward to work tomorrow, can you say the same?

I like the people i work with and we all respect one another, can you say the same?

Id work for free if they asked me Thats how much i like my Job (wait i do do the other half of the week for free) can you say the same?

this end the tread please dont bother answering me i wont answer and you will not get a reply

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote: »
    They should have wheelchair access to the back row then

I totally agree with you, its a shame that they have to suffer the sore neck i mean who wants to sit that closes any way.

Oh and as a point of interest here is a question for you.

in days gone by our mams and dads told us not to sit too closes to the TV which was perhaps 25 inches at least coz it would hurt our eyes.

what happens when were in a large screen cinema and we sit on the first few rows surly Thats damaging us??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi Guys

Lets try keep this on topic. While I accept this is a worthwhile debate The Carlow forum is not the most appropriate location for this, Here are the links to a few more suited forums:
    Long Term Illness
    Accessibility & Mobility & Disability
    Humanities

Regards
    Tommy

tommycahir wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Lets try keep this on topic. While I accept this is a worthwhile debate The Carlow forum is not the most appropriate location for this, Here are the links to a few more suited forums:
    Long Term Illness
    Accessibility & Mobility & Disability
    Humanities

Regards
    Tommy

Hi tom

if you read my OP you will see i was asking about the new price structure for single adults in the carlow omniplex. This person then lased out about how us carers are the spawn of the devil. Highly off topic and highly insulting. Perhaps with your help as Mod you can clean up the posts and lock this section?

regards

tony

Hi tom

if you read my OP you will see i was asking about the new price structure for single adults in the carlow omniplex. This person then lased out about how us carers are the spawn of the devil. Highly off topic and highly insulting. Perhaps with your help as Mod you can clean up the posts and lock this section?

regards

tony

Yes the OP was about the cinema prices and then you had an issue with the carer discounts being taken away - I expalined why they were taken away (due to abuse of the discount which is rife).

You may be one of the minority that give 100% - but I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.

As for me - I love my work. I work for myself and employ 8 people. - 4 extra this year and all taken out of the unemployment trap. - ever seen someone who has given up on life blossom after a few months back in the workforce? Another 2 or 3 will be added before Christmas!

And yes I have experience, more than you think - Family member. (that can be 24/7 not 8 to 6) Why do you think I know so much that goes on in these places? - Will I mention the pepper shoved into someone mouth to shut them up? (unfortunately someone with autism isn't a credible witness and that person is STILL in a senior position today! - I won't go on, but its the next scandal to hit the wires.

Too many people in this area abuse their privledges, hence its affects the honest people. Get rid of the rampant abuse and commercial companies will re-install the discounts.

Could A mod please lock this please

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement