Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy flexible ducting and cat5?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

euser1984 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a few metres of flexible ducting and some cat5 with plugs (long cables - 20 metres). I can make them myself if required given the cable and plugs.

I was thinking a normal hardware store but I just wanted to be sure. Also how much does flexible ducting cost in or around. It would have to be light metal.

Thanks a mill.

Im presuming that you also have an RJ45 crimper too,for making off the plug ends and crimping them down.Also a set of mod-taps for testing both ends too.
    Your nearest electrical wholesalers will have the plastic flexi ducting (aka copex) and box of cat5e for you.:)

Cat 5e (300 meter box) is around 35-40 euro a box at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Also to add as well as my edit to the first post.

How would I power this fan? http://ie.farnell.com/sanyo-denki-sanace-fans/109l1224h102/fan-long-life-119mm-24v/dp/9948244

I have 13amp 220v ac available at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Whats going to get hot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

You need a step down transformer to do that, from 240 to 24v

Advertisement